**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
    Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    My alliance mates in my bg 1 shots thing with quake.
    I can one shot Thing with Quake as well, fair enough. Please explain to me how you one shot Section 2 Thing mini boss with a brute force node? How do you one shot that?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,972 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
    Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    My alliance mates in my bg 1 shots thing with quake.
    I can one shot Thing with Quake as well, fair enough. Please explain to me how you one shot Section 2 Thing mini boss with a brute force node? How do you one shot that?
    I'll have to look back and see. Since my BG started doing map 7 again, we have only had Thing Variant one time. I wanna say he used Quake as well but honestly I don't remember. Most of the time it was down before I woke up. We are doing Map 7 today and tomorrow but I am not sure of the variant yet.

I can say with Omega Red, even when I had 3 charges and boosted, I used the time out method with Corvus but still ended up not being able to take him. First time trying so had trouble managing the regen and spores.
    You can't use quake with Brute force, you'll degen to death.

So this is exactly why the Corvus method is necessary unfortunately. It is impossible to one shot with a brute force node. Thank you for not pretending that it can be done. Nick Fury can do it potentially but you have to play picture perfect and my best guys can't do it in one shot. I'm talking about people who have completed all the content in game without mercs.

So this is exactly why the Corvus method is necessary unfortunately. It is impossible to one shot with a brute force node. Thank you for not pretending that it can be done. Nick Fury can do it potentially but you have to play picture perfect and my best guys can't do it in one shot. I'm talking about people who have completed all the content in game without mercs.

They may of used Nick Fury. We have several new people in my BG so I don't know what the plan will be if it's Thing mini today. If it is, i'll update it with how my BG does it if any different..

They may of used Nick Fury. We have several new people in my BG so I don't know what the plan will be if it's Thing mini today. If it is, i'll update it with how my BG does it if any different..
    Thanks, the more counters we have available the better.
  • Matimus_13Matimus_13 Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike maybe I misunderstood. Are we going to be compensated for day 4 and 5 items And in some cases units spend or are we just meant to suck it up and deal with the fact someone made a silly mistake?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

If you're not playing map 7 please state that before you say you agree with a Corvus change. It would help provide the proper context. As a 7x5 full modifiers guy this is needed to complete map 7, especially is one of your guys goes missing and you have take take out a noded Dr. Doom or Thing Mini boss for those who can't play with Quake.
    I'm OK to change Corvus, but please fix tons of things before that, again, you didn't answer my question,
    Are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    Do you really enjoy quack in this game?

You just have no idea about what these changes mean to top alliances, anyway, I wouldn't waste my time on arguing, boycott is coming anyway.
    Where in the world are you getting $10 a death? AQ can be easily managed with resources from glory and loyalty which cost no money. I run all 3 versions of map 7 with no corvus at all 9/10 weeks bc I don't use suicides anymore except very rarely.

There are SOME paths that a change to that interaction would make far more difficult like vivified, but there are people that do it without him. Those should be addressed IMO. Outside that, if you're using that many items that frequently in AQ you should probably be running a lower map

If you're not playing map 7 please state that before you say you agree with a Corvus change. It would help provide the proper context. As a 7x5 full modifiers guy this is needed to complete map 7, especially is one of your guys goes missing and you have take take out a noded Dr. Doom or Thing Mini boss for those who can't play with Quake.
    I'm OK to change Corvus, but please fix tons of things before that, again, you didn't answer my question,
    Do you really enjoy quake in this game?
    Are you sure Kabam wouldn't "fix" quake in the future?

You just have no idea about what these changes mean to top alliances, anyway, I wouldn't waste my time on arguing, boycott is coming anyway.

Haji_Saab said:

But exploiting game mechanics cannot be the solution.
    Putting some nice seasoning on **** wouldn't change the fact it's ****.
    How do you know Kabam wouldn't "fix" quake in the future:
    "oh, she is not working as intended, we never want to create a hero which can kill w/o hitting the opponent"

Sounds like what Kabam would say right?
    Why do you keep bringing up Quake? Even with the accidental change that happened, they didn't touch Corvus. Every single champion died to timeouts instead of having half health. Quake has been in the contest way long than corvus has and she has been able to do 0 hit fights the entire time. If they were going to change her, they would have done it by now.

Where do you get $10 from? You've said it several times now and I can't figure out where you are getting this information from.

Where in the world are you getting $10 a death? AQ can be easily managed with resources from glory and loyalty which cost no money. I run all 3 versions of map 7 with no corvus at all 9/10 weeks bc I don't use suicides anymore except very rarely.

There are SOME paths that a change to that interaction would make far more difficult like vivified, but there are people that do it without him. Those should be addressed IMO. Outside that, if you're using that many items that frequently in AQ you should probably be running a lower map
    So you are saying those top alliances cannot manage their resource well, they should play lower map, that is the reason they are talking about boycott right? Gotcha
    I promise I have far more experience with those alliances than you do.

Also there are absolutely alliances that could not run map 7 at all without that corvus trick. That or they definitely wouldn't be willing to spend what they'd have to to keep up with it.

That also isn't what the whole issue is with them at all.

It still doesn't answer my question of where in the world you're getting $10/death from either.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    If they can't run Map 7 without cheesing the system, then they can't run Map 7. Seems pretty simple.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

So you are saying those top alliances cannot manage their resource well, they should play lower map, that is the reason they are talking about boycott right? Gotcha

Also there are absolutely alliances that could not run map 7 at all without that corvus trick. That or they definitely wouldn't be willing to spend what they'd have to to keep up with it.

It still doesn't answer my question of where in the world you're getting $10/death from either.
    If you cannot do math, why would I teach you? You promise, heh, I can promise I have more experience with those alliance than you do.
    Did I ever say this is the whole issue? This change will expose tons of issues which were there for years.

I'm tired of arguing, again, boycott is coming no matter what you say and how you defend Kabam, this is the only fact.
    People Boycotting obviously didn't read Kabam Miikes post
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Do you really enjoy quake in this game?
    Are you sure Kabam wouldn't "fix" quake in the future?

Alot of arguing could be avoided if you knew how to read

If you cannot do math, why would I teach you? You promise, heh, I can promise I have more experience with those alliance than you do.
    Did I ever say this is the whole issue? This change will expose tons of issues which were there for years.

I'm tired of arguing, again, boycott is coming no matter what you say and how you defend Kabam, this is the only fact.
    You are the king of writing lots of words that literally mean nothing.

I'm not hiding anything. I've posted plenty of screenshots here. I played in Asgrd from Sept last year until last war season when I decided to push war again. Also perfectly capable of doing math and 2 or 3 lv4 health potions from glory plus a lv1 revive from loyalty equals $0. Multiply that by a few times, still equals $0
    edited May 2020
    That's also not even what the boycott is about supposedly from the people involved in it that I've spoken with.

Regardless, barring maybe a couple of overtuned paths and fights that timeout cheese is just abused more than anything. It went from a select few people using it to navigate some poorly (imo) designed paths and fights to people using it for 90% of the map of every path just to be cheap on potions. There are whole alliances that completely rely on it now or they'd never clear the map. I'm honestly shocked it's lasted this long.

Yup, don't forget to tell your boss Boycott is coming.
    I welcome the boycott. We can move up in AQ this cycle. Hopefully higher than 43 we got a few cycles ago. Good riddance to the top.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

I welcome the boycott. We can move up in AQ this cycle. Hopefully higher than 43 we got a few cycles ago. Good riddance to the top.
    Would that be the Boycott that is supposed to end RNG, or the Boycott that's supposed to stop the Season and end Flow? Both not reasonable to begin with.

Would that be the Boycott that is supposed to end RNG, or the Boycott that's supposed to stop the Season and end Flow? Both not reasonable to begin with.
    RNG apparently. Who knows though. 1 good offer and they'll come running back.

They planned it earlier this time. Last time it was a week before 4th of July and they wanted to boycott spending on the 4th. Offers came out and,.boom, wallets open. They made sure it wasn't near a holiday so they don't embarrass themselves again. We'll see how long it actually lasts.

The one that started this already broke the logged out campaign.

Good luck then.
    I still can't imagine a normal player will post more than 3K posts in a forum like this, then claim that he is not working for Kabam. 1 minute for a post, it's 50 hours, it's 1 hour per day for almost two months, time of reading post is not included, it could be twice as much as the time of posting.
    Is that a riddle or something? Nothing you just wrote makes any sense. You okay? Need me to call someone? Blink twice if you're in trouble.