**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buying the chronometer might’ve been a waste...

Comments

• Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    this is the worst event of the year worst rewards and the worst thing than that is how long should you wait to do a rift they would have done better putting all of the objectives at once this way we get to end it faster
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    edited May 2020
    To the people disagreeing with comments saying you should have waited to buy when you see what you wanted, why the disagreement? It's the smartest play.

I wanted skill so I saved up the 3k intel and kept it in reserve. After that only entered a rift with intel in excess of that amount. When I saw the skill gem I went to the store and bought the chronometer and then got my gem.

Had I never saw the skill gem it would have been unfortunate but I could have used that Intel to enter more rifts for random rewards. If I had bought the chronometer first, I'd likely have hung onto it til my last run and had no idea what gem was there.
  • Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    I bought it and 2 days after, the awakening gem that I needed was available

• SlayerzzSlayerzz Posts: 399
    I didn't buy chronometer. And I am happy that I didn't. Now I am able to play 21 rifts.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    I played all rifts and only got goodthings like:
    1)Cosmic AG
    2)6 5* Feature Crystal
    3)2k 5* shards twice
    4)1k 6* shards twice
    5)T5CC
    6)Sig stones only one time
    7)10k 5* shards
    This is yesterday's screen shot

• benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    I have the same problem, for like the 5th time in a row a tech awa appears on the map.... Bit frustrating
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    ChriissR said:

Shouldnt have bought it until you saw something you wanted.

You cant buy it once you see what you want. It would be something different by the next time you return. You have to have it already to use it when your desired item is displayed on the map.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    cade4560 said:

I bought the chronometer early and it’s been a few weeks, but I haven’t gotten a skill gem in rotation yet. There are only a few days left and I may have to use it to get shards instead of awakening Ægon. let me know if you think I’m screwed :/

It wasn’t a waste for me.
    I run 2 accounts.

On my 3rd rift in my main account the skilled awakening gem was on offer and I used the chronometer to claim it
    (And yes I used it on my R4 5* AEgon)

On my 7th rift in my Jr account the cosmic awakening gem was on offer and I used the chronometer to claim that.
    I used it to awaken my Corvus

So for me it’s been a very useful item to own and made this series of rifts a winner
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Used my Chrono to get a skill gem yesterday
    Got lucky
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited May 2020
    FiiNCH said:

It’s easy to think the rifts are rigged based on your own experience, but you have to consider the voices on this forum make up a small portion of the overall player base, and it’s likely a higher portion of players have found the AG they were looking for. You can’t jump to conclusions and say Kabam have rigged it.

I do however wish Kabam had implemented the AG’s in an ordered, rolling basis, which would at least guarantee each player the AG they need. I’m searching for a mutant one myself, and I haven’t seen one once since the start of the event. I have however, pulled a mystic AG, 1000 6* shards and a featured 5*. Swings and roundabouts.

Well said & @cade4560 I'm surprised there isn't a "merged thread" yet bc seen several posts (besides mine) about 5* AG RNG being very frustrating & not what was described or expected. It's Awesome some have, but many who already did, are scourering forums or don't need any don't seem very empathetic. I've got 2 accts & RNG hasn't shown the 1 Class needed for each. I've only had same 2 classes pop up,...yet ironically both showed up on the "wrong" acct. Grrrr
    My main annoyance is the ig email & Rift Post never specified the Class was RNG. It written like classes would rotate & we'd "get the exact reward" we need. In the initial posts it also didn't mention we could buy the Chrono after entering Rifts. It implied the Detector was "fried" & like several past side events we couldn't leave. Seemed smart to save the 3000 intel 1st so we couldn't see exactly how it worked until 12 days into the event, leaving only 9-12 Rifts. This really sucks,...feel ur pain if helplessly waiting the next 3 Rifts for the RNG Class u wanted. Smh
  • Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    cade4560 said:

I bought the chronometer early and it’s been a few weeks, but I haven’t gotten a skill gem in rotation yet. There are only a few days left and I may have to use it to get shards instead of awakening Ægon. let me know if you think I’m screwed :/

I'm in the same situation and on top of that I've got only 5* **** stones and t5b fragments from the random rifts. Not a single **** shard or t2a. I'm so **** angry.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

ChriissR said:

You cant buy it once you see what you want. It would be something different by the next time you return. You have to have it already to use it when your desired item is displayed on the map.
    Don't give out misinformation, and learn to read up on the topic before you speak. Sounds like you've never ever left migrated out of a quest before.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious seriously guys what's the point of buying a Chronometer if we can't even get an option of having the Awakening gem we want. Bought chronometer at the beginning and now it's just frustrating to keep waiting waiting for our gem to appear. RNG is good only to an extent.

That was a poor decision considering you could’ve waited for it to pop on the map to buy. You ran the 10ish percent risk it didn’t show and it may happen. It was confirmed you could buy the chronometer after entering the quest and seeing a gem.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Bulmkt said:

cade4560 said:

I run 2 accounts.

On my 3rd rift in my main account the skilled awakening gem was on offer and I used the chronometer to claim it

On my 7th rift in my Jr account the cosmic awakening gem was on offer and I used the chronometer to claim that.

So for me it’s been a very useful item to own and made this series of rifts a winner
    No one said it's not useful. The point is you shouldn't buy it before you need it so you can make a decision in the end to buy it and do one more rift or forgo it and do more at random.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★

ChriissR said:

Don't think you understand how it works. Once you join the rift, Do Not Move. Look around the map and see if the AG you want is there. If it is, back out and buy the Chronometer and rejoin. Then take the Chronometer path.

Really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp lol
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

ChriissR said:

As others have pointed out, this is NOT true in the slightest. If you enter a rift and see what you like, you can go to the store without quitting the rift and buy the chronometer. It works perfectly, I've tried it myself. I got a 5* skill gem for my Ægon using this method.

Buying the chronometer beforehand was your fault. You could've used that 3000 intel to get a bunch of rift detectors if you didn't see your desired AG in 12 rifts. Spamming disagrees on posts that state straight up facts will not help you in any way.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    EIGHT rifts ... count them EIGHT .. and my tally.
    6 times - sig stones
    1 time - T2A
    1-time - 100 6* shards

smh i haven't even sniffed the right side of the rift screen LOL
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    crogs said:

Bulmkt said:

cade4560 said:

I run 2 accounts.

No one said it's not useful. The point is you shouldn't buy it before you need it so you can make a decision in the end to buy it and do one more rift or forgo it and do more at random.
    More specifically, you shouldn't buy it before you *know* you need it. Some people seem to not know in advance if they are going to want to use it or not. If you want to delay that decision, that's harmless. However, if you are willing to make that decision based on statistical outcome, the decision on whether to buy the Chronometer or not regardless of what comes up in the rifts prior to Rift #13 comes down to the question of whether anything in the Rift is worth more than the average basket of stuff that five more Rifts would generate. If the answer is yes, then the Chronometer is always the correct choice. If the answer is no, or "I don't know" then delaying the purchase makes more sense.

I have two accounts that can reasonably do Epic Rifts. The prime account doesn't need awakening gems all that much so those don't have the same value. But I do consider 1000 6* shards to be worth more than six random rifts, so the Chronometer always makes sense for that account. The secondary account does value awakening gems, and while some gems are worth more, any gem is worth more than six random rifts. So again, the Chronometer always makes sense so there's no value to delaying the purchase.

However, if a player doesn't make that calculation, or if they are not sure, delaying the choice reduces the chances of buyers remorse.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I have been chancing it the entire time. The biggest drops I got were a cosmic AG, the featured 5* Crystal (pulled Medusa), and just got a mutant AG
  • HYDRIC1055HYDRIC1055 Posts: 14
    Yesterday went available to use my chronometer and with a bit of luck got mine science on and used it on caiw today bought the $4.99 ofert coz i had some intel... and got more lucky theb coukd i get and mutant A.G ... no worries you'll get what you want... bests of luck!
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I didn’t buy it and got the cosmic Awakening gem.

In my opinion you should see all the gem classes cycling thru until you see the one you want to purchase (which is supposed to be the benefit of purchasing the chronometer)

But with RNG, the OP could end the rifts without seeing that red gem which is BS.

Glad I treated it as I do everything in this game....”I get what I get”.