**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RNG

So how does this rng works? Is the rng depending on the history of an account? If yes, what does it take in account?

https://youtu.be/rEtxmHgZ35c

Comments

• Not this again
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Fake news?
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 45
    Sometimes companies write patents to prevent their competitors from implementing a feature. Just because Kabam has a patent for this doesn’t mean that they are using it on MCOC. However, if they are using it, then it has to be reflected in the drop rates we see for our individual crystals according to Apple’s terms.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    AlexBossu said:

Lol. You jumped with the disagree 🤣

How can you disagree a question?

Sadly I've learned many in forums are gonna hit disagree, assume what ur saying/asking, play devil's advocate & derail topics. I only try to check/post in forums on specific topics now. Lots of drama & time wasters in my experience so far.
    Don't think anyone has a definitive answer about Kabams patents & really only Kabam can answer that truthfully. Good luck with that. Lol
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114

AlexBossu said:

So how does this rng works? Is the rng depending on the history of an account? If yes, what does it take in account?

https://youtu.be/rEtxmHgZ35c

The patent is real but there's no evidence it's implemented in the game. Don't watch Proff Hoff, during that entire video he kept bringing up "the data" but never actually shows the data. With 100s of rmillions of people playing this game, you'd need data from millions of them to even try and prove this concept.
    Data can be gained if someone got access to the game source code , but that’s highly unlikely to get

• Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85

With 100s of millions of people playing this game, you'd need data from millions of them to even try and prove this concept.

100s of millions of people playing this game? I don't know about that one. Just to put that into perspective the 2020 Super Bowl had an estimated 102 million viewers.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Well it kind of goes along with the rifts I have 2 accounts the older account 4yr old pulls garbage, the new account seems to be getting a lot better champs and rifts. old account last 4 rift in a row 1000 5* shards new account feature crystals, 2x 10k 5* shards and 1k 5*s shards. but its all random i know...

gonna go grind!!
  • AlexBossu said:

Fake news?

this is a real patent, but it is not proven that it is implemented in mcoc
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    What's the boycott all about?
  • AlexBossu said:

Fake news?

The patents are real, however there is no proof they are actually implemented in the game. Every few months it seems this is brought up every few months
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    AdixRaj said:

mdm_mi said:

Sometimes companies write patents to prevent their competitors from implementing a feature. Just because Kabam has a patent for this doesn’t mean that they are using it on MCOC. However, if they are using it, then it has to be reflected in the drop rates we see for our individual crystals according to Apple’s terms.

Then you don’t really understand what a patent actually means , it’s like kfc filing for a recipe patent but they don’t use that recipe to make their chicken , lol

That's not true either. Tons of patents are filed that don't even actually have the tech to make it work. Companies just want to protect the idea.
    Wayntos said:

Well it kind of goes along with the rifts I have 2 accounts the older account 4yr old pulls garbage, the new account seems to be getting a lot better champs and rifts. old account last 4 rift in a row 1000 5* shards new account feature crystals, 2x 10k 5* shards and 1k 5*s shards. but its all random i know...

gonna go grind!!

The pure definition of RNG.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    My rng.

33 5* champ, only 1 skill.
    The only 1 skill is Ægon and I have an awakening gem (nope, not from rifts).
    Did I beat the RNG?

My rng.

33 5* champ, only 1 skill.
    The only 1 skill is Ægon and I have an awakening gem (nope, not from rifts).
    Did I beat the RNG?

Yep. After a thousand plus crystals since Aegon came out, I finally pull him from a Grandmaster crystal from the weekly login.
  • AdixRaj said:

mdm_mi said:

Then you don’t really understand what a patent actually means , it’s like kfc filing for a recipe patent but they don’t use that recipe to make their chicken , lol

Amazon filed a patent for a floating warehouse in the sky.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Wayntos said:

gonna go grind!!

You guys still think this is just chance and luck and a pure random number generator ?
    I have seen the smaller accounts get better pulls than the larger accounts , this could be to help out the player at the early stages and sometimes if you don't play the game for a long time , kabam sends you some crystals which will guaranteed give you a god tier 5* pull. I have players and friends in the game experience this.
    Try not playing for a while and then open the 5* crystals after like 3-4 months of no login , you will get better luck lol. Kabam has all the stats. This is neither fake nor true but no one can say unless someone sees the source code.
This discussion has been closed.