**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Vision (Aarkus) Special Attack 2 is Still Bugged

Recently a bug for Vision Aarkus was fixed changing how his abilities worked to be in line with the description.

VISION (AARKUS): Fixed the issue where Vision (Aarkus) was able to place Armor Break Debuffs after placing an Armor Shattered, contrary to the description of the ability.

The ability reads as such in the spotlight:

Special 2 Attack – Blizzard Blast: Aarkus conjures a blast of frozen energy, snow, and ice, chilling his Opponents to the core.

Replace all Armor Break Debuffs on the Opponent with one Armor Shattered Debuff. For each Armor Break removed, this Debuff lasts 5 seconds and reduces Armor Rating by 352.94.

While Armor Shattered is active, Opponents cannot suffer from further Armor Break Debuffs nor activate their Armor Buffs.

Additionally, this Debuff shatters Robot Champion’s systems, reducing their Ability Accuracy and Power Gain by 100%.

If the Opponent was already Armor Shattered, instead this Attack deals 2066.4 bonus Energy damage.

This has been changed in this update to read differently, in particular it adds an armor break in addition to the armor shatter. The armor break does the work of the armor reduction that at the armor shatter was doing previously.

Now what happens incorrectly is during a second cast of the Special 2 Attack while the Armor Shatter and Armor Break are still active. Here is the sequence of events:

1. Cast Special 2 Attack. In this example 10 armor debuffs are converted. This should last 50 seconds and reduce armor by 3529.4.
2. Cast Special 2 Attack. In this example instead of applying energy damage instead of the normal action it does that in addition to the normal action. Specifically, it removes the 3529.4 armor break and replaces it with a 352.94 armor break and applies another armor shatter that only lasts 5 seconds, but does not replace the existing armor shatter.

As you can see casting a L2 under these circumstances with this bug is not a good idea.

However, since this bug makes a character worse and can be played around, I suspect this won't be a priority to fix any time soon. Is that true? Seriously, it would be nice to play Aarkus how he's supposed to work so I can decide to rank up or not and I'd like to know when and if I could make that decision and if it will be soon.

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Any update on this issue please?
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I just ran a quick test on this as I never heard of this before.

From what I can tell, here's the key line:

If the Opponent was already Armor Shattered, instead this Attack deals 2066.4 bonus Energy damage.

With emphasis on "instead".

Instead of what? If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this means that instead of doing anything with Armor Break or Armor Shatter, using a second L2 on an enemy who already has an Armor Shatter debuff would only cause bonus energy damage on top of any inherent damage the attack inflicts while leaving the Armor Break and Armor Shatter debuffs alone.

What we're seeing in-game is that using a second L2 on an enemy who is already Armor Shattered will inflict a single Armor Break (with a potency of a single armor break) and an Additional Armor Shatter debuff (with the duration as if only 1 Armor Break was applied at the time of activation). Additionally, there is bonus Energy Damage inflicted.

If this were supposed to be the case, I think the line would read:

If the Opponent was already Armor Shattered, this Attack ALSO deals 2066.4 bonus Energy damage.

Is that about right @StarshipHULK ?
  • Options
    Here's what I've got:
    The description of the attack:

Apply an Armor Shatter at 10 Armor Break debuffs for max potency and duration:

Here's a medium critical hit during this maxed Armor Shatter/Break situation. 2,992 Damage:

Another L2. The bonus energy damage triggers for 3,645 damage, but another Armor Shatter is stacked:

The new stack gives less potency and duration. Medium crit is now down to 1,833 damage:

If I'm reading the description correctly, the original Armor Shatter/break shouldn't be replaced. A second L2 should only give additional energy damage but leave the armor debuffs untouched. This isn't happening.

• Options
    That’s exactly what I see @Mirage_Turtle . I am not sure how it’s coded, but seems to be as you say - the single ‘big’ armour break is replaced by a ‘small’ armour break and from then on he does less damage.

As the OP said, you can work around it by not throwing a 2nd SP2, but it’s not great.
  • Options
    Any update on this one Kabam? When he gets going and has lots of power gains it’d be great to spam SP2 but this bug means that is detrimental to his damage output.

Can you please confirm it is being looked at? Thanks.
  • Options
    Zeezoos said:

Any update on this one Kabam? When he gets going and has lots of power gains it’d be great to spam SP2 but this bug means that is detrimental to his damage output.

Can you please confirm it is being looked at? Thanks.

First and foremost...yes this bug should be addressed.

I'll just add that when Aarkus really gets going, you'll want to Spam L1's.

His general cycle is:
    Build armor breaks and develop power gains.
    Use an L2 to armor shatter
    Use an L3 while armor shattered to gain a fury
    Spam L1 to capitalize on the fury. You should be able to finish every 5 hit combo with an L1, the bonus energy damage is the same as an L2.
    Before the armor shatter expires, use another L3 to refresh the fury.
    Repeat.

Doing this, his damage output gets pretty high, with the best damage coming from the "Spam L1" phase. 5/65 Aarkus can solo LOL Starlord using this method.