**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

So its not fixed?

Ok if its not fixed how is it possible that you can open 35 plus in Legendary Crystals and never open a 5*

come on give me a break

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    How have you opened 35 legendary crystals period
  • FastchokeFastchoke Posts: 20
    not following? i have never opened a 5* out of more than 35....are you saying the scale is 10 or 100?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Someone out there got 14 of 35 and done used up all your luck. 😝
    edited May 2020

Fastchoke said:

not following? i have never opened a 5* out of more than 35....are you saying the scale is 10 or 100?

He's saying each crystal is 80/20% independently. The real question is where have you gotten 35 legendary crystals?
    from Black ISO Market, Deals etc and that was my question...if they are independent then it would matter if you open 1 or 10 no?

Fastchoke said:

He's saying each crystal is 80/20% independently. The real question is where have you gotten 35 legendary crystals?
    from Black ISO Market, Deals etc

Fastchoke said:

Fastchoke said:

from Black ISO Market, Deals etc and that was my question...if they are independent then it would matter if you open 1 or 10 no?
    It doesn't. 35/35 4*'s from those is entirely possible and more.common than you might think. Dorky Diggity Dave used to do crystal openings where he tracked how many phcs it was before he got a 4 star. He went over 100 a few times. But its not proof they are rigged. Just as if you had pulled 1, 2 or 5 5*'s from them, you wouldn't be here. Don't believe Hoff. It's just how RNG works. More so when you are opening a crystal with terrible odds.
    I understand what you are saying....but wouldn't that prove that? Terrible odds its says 20-80% that's not as "terrible" as opening 35 and not getting a single 5* is it??? I mean I'm going off what the % they tell me it is...and 20% seems bogus no?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I've bought 4 from the Black ISO Market. 2 were 5*s. So....RNG.
  • SorLyonnSorLyonn Posts: 3
    So essentially to break it down like the other people already did but in a new way. Instead of the first crystal being 1/5 and leaving the next 4 crystals with only 4 possible rolls left (if the first one is a 4* then the next 4 have to be 3 4* and a 5* to keep these odds of 20%) each crystal is the first and only crystal in that probability calculation so each one is 1/5 chance and because of this the chance will always be 20% even no matter if you get 10 thousand 4* or 100 5* each and every crystal is a 1/5 chance. The way math works means it is possible to open 1 million Legendary Crystals and not get a single 5* and it isn't rigged because that's just how odds work. The lottery doesn't go from being 1/1 million (definitely higher odds than the actual odds of winning) to being 1/999k because someone won each lottery is separate and a new 1/1 mil chance.
  • Candid_and_FrankCandid_and_Frank Posts: 35
    @Snizzbar is correct. Very unlikely, but possible. It’s an easy calculation. I think the problem some people have is that they always feel that they are the ones that fall into this extremely unlikely scenario. I’ve certainly been there and do wonder if everything is truly 100% random. There’s really no way to know for sure as we’ll never get that level of transparency. We have to assume that they’re being fair and just go with that.
  • Fastchoke said:

lol touche...yea seems off to me...like Proff said... I just go by numbers...I've spent probably close to 9k or more on this game (and I'm ok with that ) but the % does seem off...based on %

don't listen to prof. He just makes things up and always talks about the "data", but he doesn't have any actual proof or numbers.

Each individual crystal has a 20% chance for a 5 star. 35 crystals does not impact that drop rate
  • Candid_and_FrankCandid_and_Frank Posts: 35
    At 80/20 the odds of not getting the 5 star is 0.8 raised to the power of the number of crystals opened. If you open 35, the odds of not getting a 5 star are 0.8^35 or 0.0004. Pretty slim odds. We can at least agree on that?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

At 80/20 the odds of not getting the 5 star is 0.8 raised to the power of the number of crystals opened. If you open 35, the odds of not getting a 5 star are 0.8^35 or 0.0004. Pretty slim odds. We can at least agree on that?

Yes. The problem is that really bad luck is virtually indistinguishable from malevolence.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    DarthPhal said:

Rulllor said:

The whole game is rigged but thats how it's designed otherwise it wouldn't be as successful.

Here's a video from one of the games content creator explaining some of Kabam's patents that may shed some light on your 'mystery box' pulls

https://youtu.be/rEtxmHgZ35c

Not as far fetch as you think but believe what you want to believe dude. It is your life and live it the way you want to live it.

The whole concept of "targetting" based on whatever factors you want to configure it to is nothing new. It is everywhere in the world so why wouldn't a game specifically designed to get you addicted not use this concept? Seems pretty dumb not to use it eh?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Fastchoke said:

Fastchoke said:

from Black ISO Market, Deals etc

Fastchoke said:

Fastchoke said:

It doesn't. 35/35 4*'s from those is entirely possible and more.common than you might think. Dorky Diggity Dave used to do crystal openings where he tracked how many phcs it was before he got a 4 star. He went over 100 a few times. But its not proof they are rigged. Just as if you had pulled 1, 2 or 5 5*'s from them, you wouldn't be here. Don't believe Hoff. It's just how RNG works. More so when you are opening a crystal with terrible odds.
    I understand what you are saying....but wouldn't that prove that? Terrible odds its says 20-80% that's not as "terrible" as opening 35 and not getting a single 5* is it??? I mean I'm going off what the % they tell me it is...and 20% seems bogus no?
    It doesn't prove anything other than bad luck and that true RNG exists.
This discussion has been closed.