**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Exploration Rewards Buff

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
Hi, I couldn't see this answered anywhere. Appreciate exploration reward update is TBC, but will the rewards received by everyone exploring in the future be equivalent to what everyone who already has explored AoL will receive after their rewards are updated?

eg if the T5c crystal becomes a selector crystal, then those who already explored AoL may receive that crystal but keep the previously-earned T5c, which would have been swapped out of the exploration rewards.

I'm trying to gauge whether to push for exploration before the update, as the cumulative rewards would be higher.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    They have answered that in the same post they announced the future changes
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I didn't read it that way. I know people who already explored will get the update, but didn't see anything about what happens if the updated rewards push out rewards that were there previously. Can you link me to the comment please? Or provide the answer directly?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    It's on this link:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198902/marvel-contest-of-champions-short-term-roadmap

"For those brave souls that have already 100% explored the Abyss, don’t worry, you’ll receive the reward update as well."

This essentially means that someone will receive the same reward, either if the Abyss was explored before or after the update. It could also mean that no reward will be removed, but instead they will just add more on there
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    It's the "could also mean" part that I want clarity on, and it isn't answered in your post. Take this example:

Rewards before: 1 T5cc crystal, 1 class 6* gem
    Rewards after 1 T5cc selector crystal, 1 generic 6* gem

Total to those that explored early: 1 T5cc crystal, 1 class 6* gem, 1 T5cc selector crystal, 1 generic 6* gem
    Total to those that explore after update: 1 T5cc selector crystal, 1 generic 6* gem

That's just an example. The update could mean only an addition to the rewards, which would make sense. It's the uncertainty I'm trying to clear up, as I'd rather be in the early category if it means the overall rewards are better.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think there should be an upgrade to completion also just like they did with act 6 they updated completion and exploration rewards, nothing too crazy but a lil upgrade for completion.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 348 ★★★
    In all honesty I think it will be in addition to what is already there. Since its also supposed to provide guaranteed value I think will either be a selector or a 5 star version of either Weapon X or another exclusive champ. We even get trolled with a 5 star Thanos but hey, its essentially a 'free' reward we are getting so anything is appreciated.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    It's obvious they would add items rather then modifying existing ones...