**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remove Champion Locks from Solo Quests - Keep to AW/AQ Only

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
I suggest champions are no longer locked out of solo content (story quests, monthly quest, daily quests and special quests) by being in AW or AQ. I propose the locks are adjusted: champions in AW can't be used in AQ and vice versa. Little reason remains to keep the locks and they have become prohibitive to progression and should be removed.

The game team should take a look into this. Earlier in the game's life it made sense to lock champions in order to encourage players to grow their roster and complete content with other champions. Now, content is much more champion-specific, so what this mechanic does for most players is limit content exploration while AQ or AW is running.

Several improvements:
1. Removing locks will mean more push for content exploration, using more resources in quests and being generally more satisfied with the game.
2. Being able to run solo content during AQ or AW means more players will participate in AW during off season.
3. Similar to the above, this also means top alliances will continue to push for AW rewards right after new content drops.

Comments

• AdvAdv Posts: 195
    Agreed. Seems a good suggestion.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    It wouldn’t break the game to just remove them all. I get used to using my top team and don’t like having things missing. So for my alliance that means they get the back up team come aq and aw season.
  • Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Posts: 84
    A lock between offense and defense is understandable. Aw and aq don’t interfere with each other and don’t need locks, nor does story quest.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I agree with that. Some level of lock is OK, but there's little benefit to anyone by not being able to complete solo content because of alliance content. Many people retire from alliances temporarily to do solo quest exploration, or reserve that for the 'off-season'. Doesn't benefit anyone, just frustrates players who have to wait.