**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What if you never find what you were waiting for?

TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
I have done 11 rifts so far, but still haven't seen the 5-star skill awakening gem available. I'm getting nervous as time is running out. I have the tier 4 chronometer already and am holding onto it until the skill awakening gem is available. I will notify this thread if I DO get it before the event expires. But let's pretend that in the next 7 or less Red Rift opportunities I still never have the chance to go after a 5-star skill awakening gem, what can I do in order to obtain it? Do I hold onto the chronometer until the event expires and expect Kabam to compensate for this? I don't want to blow the opportunity to obtain this item by using my chronometer for whatever else in the very last available Red Rift event (in fear of obtaining the chronometer for no reason if the Skill gem is never available). Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you.

Comments

• TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
    Does @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Zibiit or any of the other members review these posts? Or am I overly hopeful that they'd see my concern and respond to me? Not trying to make problems or anything. Just need to know so that if there is some type of after-event for cases like mine, I don't use the chronometer flippantly and ruin that last-resort opportunity. Know what I mean?

Save it for the very last rift; and if you don't like the AG on offer, choose whatever else is most preferable.

Of course you won't get compensated. This wasn't an offer of 'Buy a 5* Skill Awakening Gem for 3000 Intel.' It was an offer to gain a small measure of control over RNG. Most people waited till they saw what they wanted, then went to the store to buy and use the chronometer.

There was a lot of discussion about this, including in the thread announcing the event, and this very large, long thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/193851/should-you-buy-the-digital-chronometer

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic. I have a headache, so might come across as a bit abrupt.

I was initially under the impression that I had to at least wait until I had 3000 intel for the chronometer first before going into Red Rifts, so that I didn't leave my (possibly only) opportunity to obtain what I was seeking to pure chance. You're right, that was a pretty lengthy thread... I obviously didn't finish it yet. I also didn't realize that I could get the chronometer even after seeing that my ideal item was in the rifts. I didn't look into videos or anything until after I got the chronometer. I was completely under my own (apparently illogical) impression that I would actually get to choose the AG... as if it were basic and not a randomly chosen one. I was stunned when I first saw this. Seems to me that it was done this way to intentionally upset people.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Hope for best and prepare for worst.If you don't then pic AG like Science ,cosmic or mutant for champions like hype,CMM,void,CAPIW,omega red,namor etc champions.

I have been super lucky in these rifts I have only good things and 2 days ago cosmic AG.and I didn't bought any chronometer.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

Does @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Zibiit or any of the other members review these posts? Or am I overly hopeful that they'd see my concern and respond to me? Not trying to make problems or anything. Just need to know so that if there is some type of after-event for cases like mine, I don't use the chronometer flippantly and ruin that last-resort opportunity. Know what I mean?

They can't make it appear even if they are sympathetic to it happening.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I am going to have about 6 or 7 more tries. I am going to do 5 at one time. If I don’t get my primary choice of skill After the first 4 tries I might think about going with mutant as back up if it shows up in my final couple of tries. I would just hate to settle on mutant and than have skill show up on my last try. Or worse not have either of those 2 show up at all at the end for me. The other 4 AGs I have no need for especially science, which I have seen 50% of the time. I have my therapist on speed dial just in case.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I wanted mystic for if I ever pull doom, but also wanted science for if I ever pull HT/Capiw. Never seen a mystic gem untill after I used my chrono on a science gem, what do you know... Next rift I did, mystic gem...

RNG... TINFOIL HAT

Toilet water spins anticlockwise in Australia

Toads don't turn in to prince's

Money doesn't grow on trees

The UK has never had a tornado

Koalas get drunk off eucalyptus leaves
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    I have 3k saved for the chrono if I am given the opportunity, however, all the ags offered have been the 3 that I already have in mutiple. Somewhat odd that I have mystic, tech, skill ags, and they have so far been the only possibilities for use of the chrono. I however, did not buy the chrono at the outset, I am used to never getting what I want. Rng should actually be random.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    I have done multiple tries, wasted energy refills (thanks for the 4 step cost).
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    That's why I had 2 gems in mind for this event. Still haven't seen skill, but once I saw mystic last run, I just went ahead and used my chrono.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited May 2020
    @Magrailothos thx for sharing link, but even if some allies read the forum threads BEFORE buying the Chrono, they would've seen a respected & knowledgeable voice sharing/arguing to buy 1st. So even threads differed & also confusing. Not saying it's DNAs fault in any way. Appears the frustration is coming from what was implied in initial Igemail & RRift Info from Kabam

1) Many who bought it 1st didn't know they could enter a rift to check if the class they wanted popped up, then buy the Chrono. It's a brand new Rift option.

2) Initial posts stated buy the Chrono so we can "get the exact reward we need". Implying that the Classes would somehow Rotate, NOT RNG to have that opportunity. Even the %s @DNA3000 posted had 91% chance in 12 Rifts to get the 1 class. Many have gotten the same 2-3 classes they don't need, myself included.

Is this what u thought too? @TheExit27

***Some allies say we should've known better bc the details were in RR Forum Threads. We should trust the info Kabam provides is enough to make a smart, informed decision. So they're arguing after the milk has been spilled. Yes, they are correct about those details, but it doesn't matter now. That's not what allies are annoyed by. If we'd known that info before, we obviously would've waited to buy.

Allies shouldn't have to sift thru forum threads for accurate info. That's Kabams job to share clear & vital info about our options,...especially the 1st time offering a Chrono in a Rift. Which obviously wasn't clear here or there wouldn't be so much confusion or upset posts. (which should be merged by now).

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    I’ve done 17 so far. No ag’s here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

I've pulled 3 different Classes? (Sorry.)

Wow, that's awesome,...that's def some good luck/RNG,...still hoping for the 1 Class AG I really want to spawn. Send some clovers this way. :smiley:

Wow, that's awesome,...that's def some good luck/RNG,...still hoping for the 1 Class AG I really want to spawn. Send some clovers this way. :smiley:
    If I could, I would. I almost feel bad sharing that. Lol.

@Magrailothos thx for sharing link, but even if some allies read the forum threads BEFORE buying the Chrono, they would've seen a respected & knowledgeable voice sharing/arguing to buy 1st. So even threads differed & also confusing. Not saying it's DNAs fault in any way. Appears the frustration is coming from what was implied in initial Igemail & RRift Info from Kabam

1) Many who bought it 1st didn't know they could enter a rift to check if the class they wanted popped up, then buy the Chrono. It's a brand new Rift option.

2) Initial posts stated buy the Chrono so we can "get the exact reward we need". Implying that the Classes would somehow Rotate, NOT RNG to have that opportunity. Even the %s @DNA3000 posted had 91% chance in 12 Rifts to get the 1 class. Many have gotten the same 2-3 classes they don't need, myself included.

Is this what u thought too? @TheExit27

***Some allies say we should've known better bc the details were in RR Forum Threads. We should trust the info Kabam provides is enough to make a smart, informed decision. So they're arguing after the milk has been spilled. Yes, they are correct about those details, but it doesn't matter now. That's not what allies are annoyed by. If we'd known that info before, we obviously would've waited to buy.

Allies shouldn't have to sift thru forum threads for accurate info. That's Kabams job to share clear & vital info about our options,...especially the 1st time offering a Chrono in a Rift. Which obviously wasn't clear here or there wouldn't be so much confusion or upset posts. (which should be merged by now).

I agree with you 100%. Everything you said is what I'm dealing with now... including the "should've known better" stuff. I joined this forum yesterday, because I had unanswered questions about this ordeal. It should be obvious that Kabam wasn't forth-right about this event... I'm not stupid. I wasn't going to jump into rifts on the 2nd day and screw myself of something I need. The only bit of stupidity on my end was trusting that Kabam was giving us a sure thing. And not to shoot myself in the foot, but they also never said anything about being able to purchase intel during the last 10 days... which I'm sure made some people upset because they may have passed up on getting the chronometer for maximum prize gambling. When, instead, they (if they wanted to) could've gotten it anyway and would've only missed out on maybe 2 random picks (instead of 6).
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    just get best alternative option on the map if you don't see the Skill gem. Maybe that is a different class gem, maybe that is the 10k 5* shards or 1k 6* shards for you (who knows?). While no details yet, next month's side event with Modok looks to have an awake gem tied to it so you maybe be able to get it there.
    I am about to do my 5 runs hoping for skill for fury. If it doesn’t work out who is the better option to dupe between domino, warlock, and corvus?
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★

I am about to do my 5 runs hoping for skill for fury. If it doesn’t work out who is the better option to dupe between domino, warlock, and corvus?

Dupe corvus you will enjoy him
    Tech showed up 4 out of the 5 runs. I can’t post any feelings on the matter, would only lead to a banning. Grabbing the tech on this run, done with the event. The other run was science.
    5 runs I got 10k 5shards, 1k 6shards, 9k t5 basic, tech awakening. Still not a bad haul, but 4 out of 5 runs tech? It’s like who wants to be a millionaire when the contestant uses 50/50 but has already told the host what 2 answers they are deciding between and those are the answers left. I never shoulda advertised the gems I wanted and didn’t lol.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Akkarin23 said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Already bought the chronometer for a cosmic AG and haven't seen it yet. I'll wait untill the last run and if I don't find it I'll use the chronometer for any ag that appear in the final run. I was so happy about this event giving us the chance to get a AG of our choice. Sadly it won't happen for everyone.

I got so lucky today. I too needed a cosmic AG and just today got it. I wouldn’t call it the last hour, but I was annoyed by the length of time it took. And as you say, it won’t happen for everyone.

On the 5shards i got I duped domino lol. Things work in strange ways. I didn’t get to dupe fury, but I will still come out with a duped domino and warlock. So all is good!

And than this just happened lol. Not getting my gem of choice is now the farthest thing from my mind lol.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

I've seen all classes but tech and mutant so far. Landed on skill once randomly. Got 10k shards once. My alt account got 10k twice, the ****. I hate when the baby account ups the main.
    crogs said:

I've seen all classes but tech and mutant so far. Landed on skill once randomly. Got 10k shards once. My alt account got 10k twice, the ****. I hate when the baby account ups the main.
    Last one I pulled was a Tech. Debated using it on Mysterio, but I decided to save it incase I pull Warlock.