**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Buying the chronometer might’ve been a waste...

13»

Comments

• Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I never even thought of just getting keys and than once i see the gem i need than buy the chronometer and finish the run. I usually look for ways like that to make sure I don’t become an rng victim. I am no longer playing the game, the game is now playing me.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited May 2020
    TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious seriously guys what's the point of buying a Chronometer if we can't even get an option of having the Awakening gem we want. Bought chronometer at the beginning and now it's just frustrating to keep waiting waiting for our gem to appear. RNG is good only to an extent.

That was a poor decision considering you could’ve waited for it to pop on the map to buy. You ran the 10ish percent risk it didn’t show and it may happen. It was confirmed you could buy the chronometer after entering the quest and seeing a gem.
    @crogs @FreeToPlay_21 @ChriissR @DNA3000 too. Ur right, but wish I'd known that before it was too late like OP. It was confirmed in the threads, not in the initial igemail or rift post. So imo it was a sensible decision if u don't have time to read thru all the forums & just went off what Kabam implied in the info they 1st gave us. It said we can "get the exact rewards we need". Nothing about the Classes being RNG instead of rotating daily or somehow. Sure that's what made the Chrono extremely valuable to some.
    edited May 2020
    Think this is why so many are frustrated the Classes are RNG instead of Rotating to get the "exact" reward u need. Never says the classes were random, just the paths "unless" u have the Chronometer. So without having time to sift thru RRifts initial Post thread.

1) We wouldn't know the 5* AG Class was RNG. Rotating Classes allow us to get "exact" reward we need.
    2) We could buy the Chrono after entering since Detectors get "fried". Many events in past didn't allow us to leave &/or had short timers to complete.

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    cade4560 said:

I bought the chronometer early and it’s been a few weeks, but I haven’t gotten a skill gem in rotation yet. There are only a few days left and I may have to use it to get shards instead of awakening Ægon. let me know if you think I’m screwed :/

Same thing almost happened to me. A skill gem appeared yesterday thankfully.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    ChriissR said:

Grumpy said:

ChriissR said:

Shouldnt have bought it until you saw something you wanted.

Don’t you need to enter the rift to see what gem Is available which means you a loose 500 intel to see if then do that run go back in with chronometer only to find it’s changed from say skill to cosmic then what?
    Nope, just have enough for the Chronometer and enter rifts with extra Intel. Whenever you see the gem you want, go to the store and get the chronometer and use it before choosing paths.

Now your stuck with an item with no guarantee of hitting the AG you want. Waste of 3k Intel.
    Yeah this is the best idea. This way you won’t have wasted intel
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Wait, so are you blaming Kabam even though you're the one who made the decision? You knew what you were buying, I personally left it up to chance. It's sad that you didn't get what you needed, I know, but that doesn't mean Kabam didn't give you a choice.
  • IRONMANMK50IRONMANMK50 Posts: 12
    I did the chrono.meter path and got a 5* red skull from a featured. What a rip off
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I did the chrono.meter path and got a 5* red skull from a featured. What a rip off

lol, shouldnt the awakening gem of your choice have been what you are saving the chronometer for?
    edited May 2020

Wait, so are you blaming Kabam even though you're the one who made the decision? You knew what you were buying, I personally left it up to chance. It's sad that you didn't get what you needed, I know, but that doesn't mean Kabam didn't give you a choice.

Read what I wrote above ur post. Many didn't know u could buy Chrono after entering Rifts &/or thought the classes were rotating, not RNG. If they already knew that, then yes was their decision & shouldn't blame Kabam. Many thought we got to choose to use the Chrono when the "exact" rotated class we needed popped up based on the info given in the initial igemail & RRift Posts. Get it now? @cade4560 isn't that how u thought it worked?
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious seriously guys what's the point of buying a Chronometer if we can't even get an option of having the Awakening gem we want. Bought chronometer at the beginning and now it's just frustrating to keep waiting waiting for our gem to appear. RNG is good only to an extent.

That was a poor decision considering you could’ve waited for it to pop on the map to buy. You ran the 10ish percent risk it didn’t show and it may happen. It was confirmed you could buy the chronometer after entering the quest and seeing a gem.
    @crogs @FreeToPlay_21 @ChriissR @DNA3000 too. Ur right, but wish I'd known that before it was too late like OP. It was confirmed in the threads, not in the initial igemail or rift post. So imo it was a sensible decision if u don't have time to read thru all the forums & just went off what Kabam implied in the info they 1st gave us. It said we can "get the exact rewards we need". Nothing about the Classes being RNG instead of rotating daily or somehow. Sure that's what made the Chrono extremely valuable to some.
    You had a week and half to read up on it. And a simple search of "chronometer" would've yielded multiple threads on the topic. Granted I'm one to bull rush a lot of things and figure out stuff later, but you have a lot of people that put way too much thought into these things. Heck, I had two years of Calc and statistics and like numbers and still think the rainmen on here are plain nuts when you can just use your head. But there was plenty of info at your fingertips for a week and half before you could even make the decision. Search is your friend. But the Chrono threads were almost always on the first page in General.

Think this is why so many are frustrated the Classes are RNG instead of Rotating to get the "exact" reward u need. Never says the classes were random, just the paths "unless" u have the Chronometer. So without having time to sift thru RRifts initial Post thread.

1) We wouldn't know the 5* AG Class was RNG. Rotating Classes allow us to get "exact" reward we need.
    2) We could buy the Chrono after entering since Detectors get "fried". Many events in past didn't allow us to leave &/or had short timers to complete.

Was this your first time doing rifts? Like ever? Because if you had previous experience doing rifts you knew your path was random. You could see what the rewards were on those paths. You had no way to choose which path to go to, or essentially pick the reward you got.

So it should be rather easy to understand you now get to pick the reward of your choice from what's on those paths in that particular rift.

Now if you're a newb, and this is the first time you've seen a rift, I could understand misinterpreting the info. But since no one complaining is new, you could circle words until the cows come home. You know how rifts work. The Chrono let's you choose the reward you want of the options given.

Considering 11 days would pass with many threads talking about the Chrono and it coming out that you could buy it while in the rift, before you were even able to buy one period, it just seems like you're trying to find blame because you're not happy. The were so many chrono threads. The question was asked, and Miike confirmed you'd be allowed to buy the Chrono while in the rift. And it was pretty much mentioned in every chrono/rift related thread before anyone had the ability to even buy a chrono.

And the people that complained they couldn't be bothered to read the forums then. Funny, you couldn't be bothered to do a little fact finding , but you can surely find the time to visit the forums to whine and complain after the fact.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    benshb said:

I have the same problem, for like the 5th time in a row a tech awa appears on the map.... Bit frustrating

Same with me, they claim rng!
    More like hey we noticed your not getting the AG we know you need so we’ll be nice and let you buy intel in the daily crystal So you can go in and try again

• HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    cade4560 said:

I bought the chronometer early and it’s been a few weeks, but I haven’t gotten a skill gem in rotation yet. There are only a few days left and I may have to use it to get shards instead of awakening Ægon. let me know if you think I’m screwed :/

This was my exact same purpose in saving for the chronometer, since I didn't want to use my lone generic AG on him if I could avoid it.

I did a few rifts before starting to save for it. Before I got to 3k intel though, I miraculously duped my Ægon. So I went ahead and consumed all my intel on random rifts and got 1k 6* shards on 3 of them (previously pulled two, hence 5k 6* shards total). Cheers 🍻

crogs said:

TyEdge said:

You had a week and half to read up on it. And a simple search of "chronometer" would've yielded multiple threads on the topic. Granted I'm one to bull rush a lot of things and figure out stuff later, but you have a lot of people that put way too much thought into these things. Heck, I had two years of Calc and statistics and like numbers and still think the rainmen on here are plain nuts when you can just use your head. But there was plenty of info at your fingertips for a week and half before you could even make the decision. Search is your friend. But the Chrono threads were almost always on the first page in General.

Was this your first time doing rifts? Like ever? Because if you had previous experience doing rifts you knew your path was random. You could see what the rewards were on those paths. You had no way to choose which path to go to, or essentially pick the reward you got.

So it should be rather easy to understand you now get to pick the reward of your choice from what's on those paths in that particular rift.

Now if you're a newb, and this is the first time you've seen a rift, I could understand misinterpreting the info. But since no one complaining is new, you could circle words until the cows come home. You know how rifts work. The Chrono let's you choose the reward you want of the options given.

Considering 11 days would pass with many threads talking about the Chrono and it coming out that you could buy it while in the rift, before you were even able to buy one period, it just seems like you're trying to find blame because you're not happy. The were so many chrono threads. The question was asked, and Miike confirmed you'd be allowed to buy the Chrono while in the rift. And it was pretty much mentioned in every chrono/rift related thread before anyone had the ability to even buy a chrono.

And the people that complained they couldn't be bothered to read the forums then. Funny, you couldn't be bothered to do a little fact finding , but you can surely find the time to visit the forums to whine and complain after the fact.
    You obviously don't get it or even willing to understand the issue,...just trying to be right. Ha The point is that's not what the initial posts implied,...regardless if u've done rifts before (Btw, calling an ally a noob doesn't give u more credibility. Lol) it says "unlike before,... choose exactly which reward u want". Ur just defending ur post, which is pointless bc the main reason some are sharing this now w/3 Rifts left is they thought the class was rotated not RNG. If they had checked the forum threads in detail, which shouldn't be required, instead of the initial posts (which is why I'm circling them) then so many wouldn't be sharing it now dumas. Smh

edited May 2020

Kabam: “Lets give the players 1 guaranteed reward.”

Also Kabam: “Let’s make that guaranteed reward completely random.”

@crogs ur still missing the point about why so many are frustrated. (Btw, calling allies noobs doesn't give u more credibility. Lol) It's not only about whether they "should've" taken the time to sift thru initial posts,...which shouldn't be required. (It's gr8 u do, but some don't have the time until after they are bummed out) It also has to do with the Class AG being RNG, not Rotated to have the opportunity to get the exact class we wanted. Maybe this clever meme @May_The_Way shared will help u understand. I'll just say ur right so u feel good about ur point. Have a good day Sir.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I just see a lot of whining. You get to pick your path once. You know how rifts work. You've done rifts before. You get to pick the reward of your choice in the rift. Just because you interpreted it as I can choose any reward I want, period when the idea of rifts have never worked that way since their inception. That's their fault? When a few scattered people have an issue because they're not happy and many many more seem to have been able to read beyond your circles and actuary do their due diligence before jumping in blind... But you're right. Got it. And when we're really wrong but want to be right, we'll just post attempts at cure memes so attempts at humor will draw people to our side.

So you can't do proper homework on the forums, having played the game for years, but you can b1tch and moan ad nauseum when you jumped off the diving board before checking if there was water in the pool. Got it.

And let's only show the part of the message for stating your case. Don't they always point you to the forum thread to read more about it? You didn't circle that part or even include it. Unless it's the one time they failed to do that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

TyEdge said:

The reasonable assumption was that "get the exact rewards we need" was in the context of the rewards that were actually on the map. I don't think it is reasonable for a player to say that because an AG appears on the map the game is guaranteeing that I will be able to get whichever one I want: it has to show up on the map first. Otherwise, it would be reasonable for a player to say that they bought the Chronometer because they wanted a T5B crystal, and were upset because they couldn't use the Chronometer to get it.

The point of the Chronometer was to eliminate the randomness in the Rift portal itself for one run. This does two things: first, it increases the probability that a player will be able to get at least one instance of the reward they want the most (outside of the classed AG and technically the classed sig stones, this chance is 100%, for the classed stuff it is more than 90%). And second, it completely eliminates the possibility of a player having sufficiently bad luck that they get *none* of the higher tier rewards.

To put it more simply, it improves the odds of having good luck to almost a certainty, and it eliminates the possibility of having the worst possible luck completely. That doesn't seem to be enough of a point for some players, but from what I can gather it is enough of a point to be exceptionally valuable to a majority of players in a position to use it.
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    U can only do it once sadly with chronometer😔
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

That was a poor decision considering you could’ve waited for it to pop on the map to buy. You ran the 10ish percent risk it didn’t show and it may happen. It was confirmed you could buy the chronometer after entering the quest and seeing a gem..
    The reasonable assumption was that "get the exact rewards we need" was in the context of the rewards that were actually on the map. I don't think it is reasonable for a player to say that because an AG appears on the map the game is guaranteeing that I will be able to get whichever one I want: it has to show up on the map first. Otherwise, it would be reasonable for a player to say that they bought the Chronometer because they wanted a T5B crystal, and were upset because they couldn't use the Chronometer to get it.

The point of the Chronometer was to eliminate the randomness in the Rift portal itself for one run. This does two things: first, it increases the probability that a player will be able to get at least one instance of the reward they want the most (outside of the classed AG and technically the classed sig stones, this chance is 100%, for the classed stuff it is more than 90%). And second, it completely eliminates the possibility of a player having sufficiently bad luck that they get *none* of the higher tier rewards.

To put it more simply, it improves the odds of having good luck to almost a certainty, and it eliminates the possibility of having the worst possible luck completely. That doesn't seem to be enough of a point for some players, but from what I can gather it is enough of a point to be exceptionally valuable to a majority of players in a position to use it.
    Thanks for the info most now know now after the fact Very surprised u don't see why there was confusion. Even a respected voice like urs actually made a post about buying the Chrono before entering Rifts & argued about why that was best bc there's a 91% chance to get 1 class u wanted.
    Obviously the confusion & frustration is many thought AG classes were Rotated, not RNG. Which ur post contributed to, still not saying its ur fault. Ur correct now, but that is 1 reason why allies are frustrated bc they thought they'd have the opportunity to get 1 class,...not 2-3 classes they don't need that keep RNGing. Grrrr

• Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    It took me a couple runs but a skill finally showed for me.

I bought mine early though.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Thanks for the info most now know now after the fact Very surprised u don't see why there was confusion. Even a respected voice like urs actually made a post about buying the Chrono before entering Rifts & argued about why that was best bc there's a 91% chance to get 1 class u wanted.
    Obviously the confusion & frustration is many thought AG classes were Rotated, not RNG. Which ur post contributed to, still not saying its ur fault. Ur correct now, but that is 1 reason why allies are frustrated bc they thought they'd have the opportunity to get 1 class,...not 2-3 classes they don't need that keep RNGing. Grrrr

The post you reference, and other posts on the forums, did try to explain, for players who were unfamiliar with how Rifts work, how the Rift rewards function. If classes rotated through as some players were guessing, there would be no need to calculate the odds of a particular class coming up, because that would be guaranteed to happen, twice, within a set of thirteen runs. The post makes clear that the classes that show up are random, and thus there's a certain chance that a particular class shows up, or doesn't show up, over thirteen runs.

Read what I wrote above ur post. Many didn't know u could buy Chrono after entering Rifts &/or thought the classes were rotating, not RNG. If they already knew that, then yes was their decision & shouldn't blame Kabam. Many thought we got to choose to use the Chrono when the "exact" rotated class we needed popped up based on the info given in the initial igemail & RRift Posts. Get it now? @cade4560 isn't that how u thought it worked?
    They shouldn't just out any champ as a 5* or 6* in my opinion my 1st 6* was magneto. Not thrilled. I know we all get some crappy pulls
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    I have only seen skill, mutant, and mystic this whole time.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I've got one run left and the only AG I haven't seen is the one I want.
    My fault for jumping in feet first I guess, but I hope next time a similar event is run that Kabam can somehow implement a 'guaranteed to pop up AT LEAST ONCE' system for items as rare and coveted as 5* gems.
    At the end of the rift on the last day I did the random. It paid off. Finally I got my 5* imiw and I awakened him. I am happy I got him plus 1k 6* shards. I m ok about the end result of my grind. Now the new month s event is more challenging