**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A modest suggestion for Alliance Quest

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
Ok, so I know all the chatter about AQ currently .. timers .. and tickets, and such ..

I'm not going to comment on any of those for the moment .. just wanted to put up another totally different idea for something to think about.

Overall, I think the layout and concept of AQ is very good. I was around when it first came, and have personally enjoyed it ever since.

So let's assume we stick with 1 hour timers ... but introduce another option ..
What if there was an additional "pool" of energy. Say 5 energy (per quest .. it doesn't refresh). That could be handed out/distributed/etc by officers.

This could allow some small energy for those "oh ****, we made a mistake" or "drat, the guy in the other timezone isn't available.".
It could give some options to work together, and leverage those in the best way possible.

No, it's not really "needed" . I get that. Our alliance typically clears our maps with lots of time to spare .. so just because some really coordinated alliances don't need it doesn't mean it's not worth discussing. ;)

Perhaps even incrue a small penalty for using it (ie points), so the pool is there for emergency or such .. and need to think about the cost vs reward of using them.

I'm honestly not sure if it'd work or not .. but I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I can see how it could be helpful to some.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    You would still have to wait for an Officer then.

I’ve suggested a different way for small extra energy...
    Once per AQ (also for AW, but not as important there) each person could do a “sort of” Help Request (from same spot like normal quest energy request). It would not need helps to be given back, but instead would just let you instantly get either 2 or 3 extra AQ Energy.

Each person could do that once per AQ, and would help for cases of Alliances in other timezones, or be able to do that little bit extra to reach a Support Link before heading off for bed, or for a final push to clear 100%, etc.

Instead of “Ask for Help” the button could be worded “EXTRA AQ ENERGY” or maybe “USE ENERGY RESERVE” , with a cool down timer that would reset when your Ally's AQ is set to end that day (thus the “once per AQ”).
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If we're going for bare minimums why not let AQ start with 5 energy instead of 3. That would even make a difference, especially for my UK GMT guys.

To be clear I want 30 min timers for map 7 players to be an option. People that disagree can keep one hour timers.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

You would still have to wait for an Officer then.

I don't see that as huge issue ... most officer's are still more active than the others .. and again, since it just an extra option . it's not a "have to wait" .. it's .. more of a "If an officer is on and chooses to give you an energy . great" . if not .. well, same as now ..

definitely no worse than now .. and opens up potential options.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★

To be clear I want 30 min timers for map 7 players to be an option. People that disagree can keep one hour timers.

Are you fine with lesser rewards in exchange for 30 mins ⏲️?