**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If you want to fix AQ. Lower the timers to 30 minutes!!

1235»

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    I think the best change would be to decrease the number of linked nodes
  • CurtisisGod1971CurtisisGod1971 Posts: 76
    It would definitely benefit me and my battle group to shorten timers. Most of us go to work around the same time and can’t login during working hours, so we stay up until 12-1am to get to the 3rd section so we can get up at 4-5am to finish before we leave for work. 4-5 hours of sleep for 5 days is draining when you work outdoors in South Texas. To be honest, I wouldn’t login during working hours if I needed to because that’s poor work ethics and equivalent to stealing from your employer and I’m neither a thief, nor unethical.
    I’m a proponent of shortening timers to 30 minutes and keeping the 24 hour window daily.
    Benefits are:
    1. Less time in alliance events
    2. More family, work, real life time.
    3. Greater availability and ability to clear solo content.
    4. Happier players who want to play rather than “need” to move in AQ.
    JMO
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I would like to hear your voice @CoatHang3r @xNig

It's time to prove Kabam wrong. #shameon45minutesAQtimer
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

I still don't believe 45 min was necessary, but I am not surprised that it was done with a major overhaul of game modes. Honestly, it feels like a small bone before some other changes, which will probably help the game overall.

45 min (or 30 min) was only going to happen with other changes.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    GOTG said:

Just to make customers happy before July 4th. What else? Kinda obvious.

Having implement either 45 mins timer OR increasing max energy would have accomplished their goal as stated in the first line. Going overly above and beyond by implementing both just shows they want to please both sides.

What wouldn’t surprise me will be that new maps are introduced for the AQ revamp that are 15-20% bigger.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    GOTG said:

You say this as if it’s open to appeal. It doesn’t change my arguments on the matter but only gives an opportunity for the players to evidence those arguments once implemented.

It is nice how Kabam balanced the timers with the energy cap so that players will cap out after 4.5 hours instead of 5 hours previously, can’t imagine capping out at 3.75 hours.

The overall effects of caping are 4.5 hours instead of 5 have yet to be seen though.

Will this increase the pressure or relieve the pressure players feel relating to timers?

Will you actually be logging in less or more often?

Will your officers care less about planning paths and shift the burden to players now that they have “more” energy?

Will you be kicked because you can’t log in more often now?

There’s a lot this will change but what and how it changes AQ have yet to be seen.