**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New war map sucks

NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
Too big
Very easy nodes
is there anything left?????

Comments

• 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    there is lot of sulking going around here , Put your voice there, this thread will soon be deleted stating that there is already a separate discussion going on
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Not a fan of portals myself, but whatever. It's something new, give it time. The first AW hasn't even ended yet.
    Before Matchmaking started, people were complaining how AW will become a total 'CASH-GRAB', now saying it's too easy ? What do you people even want?

I agree portals are a waste of energy and all, but you have three people on one side for 3 paths. So when everyone combines their energy, it's not that big a deal. Let's try it at least a couple times.

I'm one of those guys in a top 300 alliance and most of us never complained about the new war map. It's only those guys who don't use items and do anything necessary to win AW were complaining about it.
    My complain is that the nodes are too easy.
    No thorns or Caltrops or anything.
    I've completed my path with not much difficulty at all.
    My only beef was there was no update of rewards.
    NDK13 wrote: »
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Not a fan of portals myself, but whatever. It's something new, give it time. The first AW hasn't even ended yet.
    Before Matchmaking started, people were complaining how AW will become a total 'CASH-GRAB', now saying it's too easy ? What do you people even want?

I agree portals are a waste of energy and all, but you have three people on one side for 3 paths. So when everyone combines their energy, it's not that big a deal. Let's try it at least a couple times.

I'm one of those guys in a top 300 alliance and most of us never complained about the new war map. It's only those guys who don't use items and do anything necessary to win AW were complaining about it.

So you WANT them to put those nodes in AW? I don't get it, do you like spending? If so, good for you but shouldn't be necessary for others to do so.
    And yes of course, the people who weren't spending were complaining because they took out defender kills, so it favors the spenders.
    It's just weird that you're complaining about it being easy. It's better for the players, no? And if we're getting same rewards with less items spent, i'd say it's a good thing for the players.

putting those nodes is practice to play the game better. You can later on think what mistake you've made and make yourself a better player but the nodes in this new map are too bad. Btw my alliance has a no item use in war policy unless we decide to win the war we don't use items but we usually win our wars without items.
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    edited September 2017

putting those nodes is practice to play the game better. You can later on think what mistake you've made and make yourself a better player but the nodes in this new map are too bad. Btw my alliance has a no item use in war policy unless we decide to win the war we don't use items but we usually win our wars without items.

Dont worry it will change from THIS war on words ;)
    0pTimus wrote: »

Dont worry it will change from THIS war on words ;)

Nah.....just won a war with 98% exploration. No items used mostly
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

So you WANT them to put those nodes in AW? I don't get it, do you like spending? If so, good for you but shouldn't be necessary for others to do so.
    And yes of course, the people who weren't spending were complaining because they took out defender kills, so it favors the spenders.
    It's just weird that you're complaining about it being easy. It's better for the players, no? And if we're getting same rewards with less items spent, i'd say it's a good thing for the players.

Fighting a Magik with MD 5/5 on a 200% power gain node. She gets a bar of power, limbo starts draining your health. You want to bait a special so you dodge back, dexterity, MD, 3 bars, rekt.

Now what mistake did i make there? Not getting hit? Not paying for a OG vision? It shouldn't be like that.
    So yeah those were total BS, they need to find something in between.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Fighting a Magik with MD 5/5 on a 200% power gain node. She gets a bar of power, limbo starts draining your health. You want to bait a special so you dodge back, dexterity, MD, 3 bars, rekt.

Now what mistake did i make there? Not getting hit? Not paying for a OG vision? It shouldn't be like that.

Not using the right champion. Also you can dodge attacks without triggering dexterity
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Not using the right champion. Also you can dodge attacks without triggering dexterity

What champion would that be? OG vision ? AA ? Not everyone has those champions. So missing a certain champ means you're unable to go through it without spending.

It shouldn't be like that. Remember that's why they nerfed DS, BW, Thor, SW. Because they wanted to promote using other champions instead of just a few limited ones.

And you can do that only to a certain limit and you can get cornered easily.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I do miss thorns nodes. I only died on this new map because my path never got cleared so I ran some linked nodes when I didn't have the right champs. I like losing some health if I don't play perfectly. Makes the game more challenging
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    From everything I read, if defender kills were added back to the scoring it would probably be more liked. The scoring system alone seems to be the biggest problem.

It's still brand new, so its gonna take some adjustments. But there are probably some things Ill never be happy about with it. Starting off it took me 4 energy to reach my first fight, another 2 energy to reach the second fight. Argument some would say, "double up on paths." Counter to that "That eliminates exploration." The other issue is the scoring system, thats enough to make anyone salty. Its been mentioned in the main thread enough.

Fix scoring and maybe eliminate energy use on portals
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

What champion would that be? OG vision ? AA ? Not everyone has those champions. So missing a certain champ means you're unable to go through it without spending.

It shouldn't be like that. Remember that's why they nerfed DS, BW, Thor, SW. Because they wanted to promote using other champions instead of just a few limited ones.

And you can do that only to a certain limit and you can get cornered easily.

Go have fun in 5.3 with Luke Cage

Rare champs are stronger… I JUST Duped my Scarlet Witch after almost a year of having her and even though I didn't have her before, I still went 100% RttL and up to 5.2.3 in story. I am gonna rank her up (as well as Angela who's also a very heavy hitter) but I don't necessarily NEED her she just makes it easier than using SL who needs to be played perfect or Wolverine who takes forever

Yes some nodes were COMPLETE cash grab but even the ISO nodes were hit hard and even the AI seems to be missing a few brain cells
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    I like it ! It's different
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There's no challenge to this map. Since dying does absolutely nothing sine it doesn't generate points
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I was a bit concerned about the layout because of the size, but we're at 91% and still have 7 hours and two people left to make the end. I don't mind the new Map. It's just going to take some time to develop a Defense Strategy. I have to list the Nodes and consider Diversity into my placement. Of course Defense still matters. Whether the Kills give Points or not, Attack Kills and Exploration do. You still want to stop them up. I'm cool with the new Map. Just have to learn more about it and maximize efficiency.
    Honestly, I was a bit concerned about the layout because of the size, but we're at 91% and still have 7 hours and two people left to make the end. I don't mind the new Map. It's just going to take some time to develop a Defense Strategy. I have to list the Nodes and consider Diversity into my placement. Of course Defense still matters. Whether the Kills give Points or not, Attack Kills and Exploration do. You still want to stop them up. I'm cool with the new Map. Just have to learn more about it and maximize efficiency.
    You'll see the true issue after war when the scoring system is shown. You should look around the forums for the screen caps showing how easily it is for the better alliance to lose. Skill and good defenders have been tossed out. I have seen your alliance, and regardless of how well you do you will lose many simply because an alliance has a higher alliance rating, thats not right. Theres many issues with the scoring system
    R4GE wrote: »
    You'll see the true issue after war when the scoring system is shown. You should look around the forums for the screen caps showing how easily it is for the better alliance to lose. Skill and good defenders have been tossed out. I have seen your alliance, and regardless of how well you do you will lose many simply because an alliance has a higher alliance rating, thats not right. Theres many issues with the scoring system

I'm not commenting on my Ally. I don't believe I shared any information on that. I will say it's a different way to tally. Also, one of the concerns before the changes was the overpowered Matches. If Rating plays a part, then that will inevitably balance the issue and the Matches will be somewhat more even.
    I'm still getting to know it, but I honestly have no issues with the change in scoring. I didn't before it went live, and I don't now. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to it. So far, so good. I suppose you're right about the Final Score. That will tell me more.

I'm not commenting on my Ally. I don't believe I shared any information on that. I will say it's a different way to tally. Also, one of the concerns before the changes was the overpowered Matches. If Rating plays a part, then that will inevitably balance the issue and the Matches will be somewhat more even.
    I'm still getting to know it, but I honestly have no issues with the change in scoring. I didn't before it went live, and I don't now. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to it. So far, so good. I suppose you're right about the Final Score. That will tell me more.
    You didn't share, someone else did. And I mean no offense, but your your statements clearly show a strong lack of knowledge on AW. Again, not an insult.
    edited September 2017
    I should add, being as your war hasn't ended for you to see the scoring, Im not sure how you can comment on not having a problem with the scoring. And if you were basing your opinion of the scoring off the main thread than you would clearly see the problem.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    It's a bit weird I'll give you that. My alliance and our opponent cleared the board without any deaths until we got to bosses pretty much. The fights leading up to it were cake, it was a battle for bosses

You didn't share, someone else did. And I mean no offense, but your your statements clearly show a strong lack of knowledge on AW. Again, not an insult.

I've been organizing Wars since its inception. My Ally was part of those selected to test Wars before they went live altogether. Many things happen in the game my friend. Don't believe everything you see, or judge people by how they choose to play. I'm not new at this. Lol. ;)

As for the information shared, someone speculated my IGN. I will not comment on anything shared without my consent, neither confirming or denying.

I've been organizing Wars since its inception. My Ally was part of those selected to test Wars before they went live altogether. Many things happen in the game my friend. Don't believe everything you see, or judge people by how they choose to play. I'm not new at this. Lol. ;)
    Ive seen your rating, Ive seen your champs. Playing a game doesn't mean you always have an understanding of it.
  • Do people volunteer to test wars & other new stuff, or are they selected at random, or picked based on high war ratings as to find testers that likely know more about how the game works or should work?

Ive seen your rating, Ive seen your champs. Playing a game doesn't mean you always have an understanding of it.
    A Profile is not an indicator of someone's understanding. Some have a high understanding and choose to help others, rather than chase T4CC's. You can't determine someone's understanding based on a Profile.
    edited September 2017

If theres truth to that statement as your ally being selected for testing than it clearly shows people lacking the knowledge are the ones testing things. Which puts an answer as why we always have issues with new content

A Profile is not an indicator of someone's understanding. Some have a high understanding and choose to help others, rather than chase T4CC's. You can't determine someone's understanding based on a Profile.
    Yes and no. I based it off your war rating and the people you play with. But mostly off your statements

If theres truth to that statement as your ally being selected for testing than it clearly shows people lacking the knowledge are the ones testing things. Which puts an answer as why we always have issues with new content

I'm talking when Wars were first released. They randomly selected Allies to test it. Which means they had a range of Allies. They typically do. A cross-section varies. It's not represented by the top alone.

I'm talking when Wars were first released. They randomly selected Allies to test it. Which means they had a range of Allies. They typically do. A cross-section varies. It's not represented by the top alone.

LOL, being chosen for that doesn't mean it was cause of your "wisdom" nor gave you any. Thats at random, and proves an issue on who is or was testing things. I'm moving on now