**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav crystals

QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
So in act 6 you can't bring along your 4*s.. Mainly for synergy purposes

But you sell cav crystals with 3 & 4*s in.

My question is... Why?

You can only get cav crystals by beating 6.1... And getting the cav title.

Unsure if this has been answered or asked in the past but I'm genuinely curious the thought process behind it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• you can also get cav crystal by buying them. if you could purchase a guaranteed 5 star for 200 units, that would break the game
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

you can also get cav crystal by buying them. if you could purchase a guaranteed 5 star for 200 units, that would break the game

That's what I was referring to... You can only gain access to purchasing them if you become cav.

I agree it probably, maybe would. But why not allow 4*s in to act 6 then?, its not like a 4* could do much of anything in there, few blocked hits on a 5/65 is horrendous let alone a 5/50. So why not allow them in?
  • SilverLikesSurfingSilverLikesSurfing Posts: 70
    edited May 2020
    Qfury said:

you can also get cav crystal by buying them. if you could purchase a guaranteed 5 star for 200 units, that would break the game

That's what I was referring to... You can only gain access to purchasing them if you become cav.

I agree it probably, maybe would. But why not allow 4*s in to act 6 then?, its not like a 4* could do much of anything in there, few blocked hits on a 5/65 is horrendous let alone a 5/50. So why not allow them in?
    Kabam wants more money
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Their goal was to slow down the pace of players rushing thru content. It's similar to television. Some ppl prefer to binge an entire series in 1 sitting. Others like to gradually do content so it lasts longer. Kabam doesn't want a player completing Act 6 in a few days. Once they complete it they will be bored and complain there is no content for them to do. By slowing down how fast it is completed kabam is keeping players active in the game longer. I'm not saying it's right but I understand the reasoning behind it.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Qfury said:

Their goal was to slow down the pace of players rushing thru content. It's similar to television. Some ppl prefer to binge an entire series in 1 sitting. Others like to gradually do content so it lasts longer. Kabam doesn't want a player completing Act 6 in a few days. Once they complete it they will be bored and complain there is no content for them to do. By slowing down how fast it is completed kabam is keeping players active in the game longer. I'm not saying it's right but I understand the reasoning behind it.
    I kind of understand where you're coming from but there's no way a team of 4*s could get past 6.2, possibly 6.1 but you'd be road blocked by the time you'd get to 6.2.

I personally would just want 4*s for synergy purposes. Would of made my completion run a hell of a lot cheaper (grinded units, not actual cash)
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Unlike the grandmaster and PHCs, the top prize is way more valuable compared to the others in the respective content.

For example, a 4* in Act 4, (where you have better access to PHCs) is less valuable to a player than a 5* in Act 5, which is in turn, less valuable than a 6* in Act 6.

There is no playable use for 3*s, but they are put in there to maintain the balance in numbers.

A guaranteed 4* crystal costs more than 200/300 units. If we were to have only 4*s and above in the CCs, the CCs would have to cost even more. If CCs were to cost, even more, the game would shift over to the p2w area since f2p players wouldn't be able to afford those crystals.

We need those 3*s to keep the CCs affordable for the f2p players. Removing them would just deepen the divide between p2p and f2p.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Those Cavs would have to be a lot more than 300 units each if they only had 5s and 6s in them.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Neotwism said:

Qfury said:

I kind of understand where you're coming from but there's no way a team of 4*s could get past 6.2, possibly 6.1 but you'd be road blocked by the time you'd get to 6.2.

I personally would just want 4*s for synergy purposes. Would of made my completion run a hell of a lot cheaper (grinded units, not actual cash)
    You kind of answered your own question there. By blocking the synergies players have two options. They either play more and wait for the right champs or they pay more thru units to complete the content. Kabam makes more money either way. If someone has all the champs and synergies they could run thru it as quickly and cheaply as possible which means kabam isn't making a profit, which is their top priority.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    The whole idea behind this by Kabam is to loot you..

People who support Kabam in whatever they do, are the reason why this mishap and biasness keeps happening, as it makes kabam adamant to not bring in fairness in to the game..

Might sound rude brothers but it's a fact.

Now getting to the point..

Some People buy Cavalier Crystals, some get it as a reward. But for the same to be a Cavalier frm act 6.1, you aren't allowed to use 4*. But when you pop cavalier crystal you get 3* champ which even after being duped doesn't even reward me 5* crystal, so it's basically play and play and wait for monthly quest or special quests or belive in your luck to pop 5* crystals shards from some crystals.

Lot of new players who wish to complete Act 6.1 or further with initial 5* champs they have for example 10 champs. they struggle, coz either you need to have specific champs for specific nodes or use units after units to buy revives. It isn't easy to compete for example Biohazard without having Bleed Immune champ or double immune. So allowing 4* would make things easy for lot of players who wish to go further rather than keep waiting for particular 5* champ to compete the weirdness of act 6 nodes.

My whole point isnt just for veterans, but for once keep or think about those young players and even people who spend money on this..

I don't say give 5* from cavalier crystals , but 4* is a must as that will help summoners if get 275 5*crystals once duped. Thus easily allowing them to expand their roaster..
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    DJMNH said:

The whole idea behind this by Kabam is to loot you..

People who support Kabam in whatever they do, are the reason why this mishap and biasness keeps happening, as it makes kabam adamant to not bring in fairness in to the game..

Might sound rude brothers but it's a fact.

Now getting to the point..

Some People buy Cavalier Crystals, some get it as a reward. But for the same to be a Cavalier frm act 6.1, you aren't allowed to use 4*. But when you pop cavalier crystal you get 3* champ which even after being duped doesn't even reward me 5* crystal, so it's basically play and play and wait for monthly quest or special quests or belive in your luck to pop 5* crystals shards from some crystals.

Lot of new players who wish to complete Act 6.1 or further with initial 5* champs they have for example 10 champs. they struggle, coz either you need to have specific champs for specific nodes or use units after units to buy revives. It isn't easy to compete for example Biohazard without having Bleed Immune champ or double immune. So allowing 4* would make things easy for lot of players who wish to go further rather than keep waiting for particular 5* champ to compete the weirdness of act 6 nodes.

My whole point isnt just for veterans, but for once keep or think about those young players and even people who spend money on this..

I don't say give 5* from cavalier crystals , but 4* is a must as that will help summoners if get 275 5*crystals once duped. Thus easily allowing them to expand their roaster..

So for 300 units you can essentially guaranteed 550 5* shards or the possibility of a 5* or 6*? That's not going to happen.