**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Todays Store Offer - Are you Insane!

AgentNutzNZAgentNutzNZ Posts: 69
edited May 2020 in General Discussion

I have seen a lot of rediculously overpriced offers in recent times. But first off YES this is in New Zealand Dollars
$120 for a 5* Rank 3 to 4 Generic Gem!
Kabam have you lost the check on reality here?
Expectedly for that price, I would assume a Nexus 6* Crystal with 1 Million Gold and 48x5k Generic ISO but a Generic Rank Up Gem with 450k Gold is an absolute joke

Comments

• JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    So how much were the 4th of July/Cyber Monday deals in NZ? Because I think a 6* Nexus crystal would be well above $120, even in US$.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    oh wait that'120 isn't american dollars right?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

I have seen a lot of rediculously overpriced offers in recent times. But first off YES this is in New Zealand Dollars
    $120 for a 5* Rank 3 to 4 Generic Gem!
    Kabam have you lost the check on reality here?
    Expectedly for that price, I would assume a Nexus 6* Crystal with 1 Million Gold and 48x5k Generic ISO but a Generic Rank Up Gem with 450k Gold is an absolute joke

Yo what, I can buy 24 boxes of hot chippies with that money instead of the 5* rank up gem
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

That’s 6 T4b, 6 T1a, 4 T2a and 4 T4c plus the gold to rank (not level, mind you—there’s just a pittance left over for that).

US$70.

I’m not buying, but I’d be willing to suggest a price of $19.99 that might cause me to give it a second look.

Any other suggested price points? All in the name of helping the Kabam marketing department, of course.

Dr. Zola

Considering most offers with T2A in them are still $29 to $49, I'd say $19.99 is a bit low. I'd say $39 and I'd buy it. There's no RNG involved so takes that aspect out of it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

That’s 6 T4b, 6 T1a, 4 T2a and 4 T4c plus the gold to rank (not level, mind you—there’s just a pittance left over for that).

US$70.

I’m not buying, but I’d be willing to suggest a price of $19.99 that might cause me to give it a second look.

Any other suggested price points? All in the name of helping the Kabam marketing department, of course.

Dr. Zola

Considering most offers with T2A in them are still $29 to $49, I'd say $19.99 is a bit low. I'd say $39 and I'd buy it. There's no RNG involved so takes that aspect out of it.
    That’s fair and not really out of line. I’ve become stingier on MCoC offers and at $19.99 I’d probably have a hard time resisting. But I think you are closer to the real in-game value. It is generic...

For the current price, however, I’d expect something like a 1->4 gem.

Dr. Zola
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The sad thing is if they’re coming out with offers like this people are buying them
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Interesting strategy. Come out with offers so bad that 4th of July will look amazing in comparison.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

DrZola said:

US$70.

Dr. Zola

But those T2a offers are generally overpriced as well, you can’t use an overpriced offer to compare the value of another offer. I’d say $20 is an acceptable price.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I love these offers, it makes it easier to ignore them.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

DrZola said:

US$70.

Dr. Zola

But those T2a offers are generally overpriced as well, you can’t use an overpriced offer to compare the value of another offer. I’d say $20 is an acceptable price.
    But that gem represents 4 of those T2A offers. And the extras you get are 5 T1A and 6 T4B.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

That’s why more people drive Toyota’s than Mercedes.

If Lexus is excluded, Merz sells better than Toyota from where I live.

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm thinking they are sending out all these bad offers to make the July 4 offers look like steals, people will be spending!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Rising unemployment, people with limited income provided by the state to feed them...sounds like a bunch of rubes ripe to pluck i suppose! Been telling the marketing department they don't have a clue for 5 years now! Interesting to finally see others on board with that message. I have always wondered why virtual nothings with unlimited availability, no production costs associated with sustaining supply for the demand, cost so much! There are chinese in the back packing the offers? What?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I'm thinking they are sending out all these bad offers to make the July 4 offers look like steals, people will be spending!

• That’s why more people drive Toyota’s than Mercedes.

If Lexus is excluded, Merz sells better than Toyota from where I live.

where do you live? Beverly Hills? Mercedes is basically a Toyota over there
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    If the “deals” are there I’ll spend. But the “deals” over the last 6 or so weeks have been terrible...so no spend from me...
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    Kabam apparently live in a Covid 19 free world
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    AdixRaj said:

Kabam apparently live in a Covid 19 free world

lol even if this weren't a current pandemic situation, this deal is no bueno,