**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am i the only one who hated this month's side events and rifts?

MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
The rifts were so frustrating to me, i always get the same unneeded trash all over again. I just felt frustrated when i kept getting bad, useless rifts, and the chronometers take days to save up so it's not really worth it. I just don't like events that involve RNG. Maybe i just have bad luck, do you guys like it?

Comments

• othmankothmank Posts: 14
    Yeah definitely RNG, I have had some good luck for once
    I got x2 5 star awakening gems (skill and tech) - used on Aegon finally.
    x2 t5b shards
    10,000 5 star (Got a yellow jacket)
    X1 Tier2 alpha
    Hope it gets better for you!
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    To paraphrase Charlie Brown on Halloween, "I got a Groot", from my 1st ever 5* featured.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    I liked em, especially get a new 2 star team that I could immediately max out and try. That was tops.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    I liked the aspect to hunt down specific champs. But they should have omitted the intermediate mission to gather the information, forcing us to use 2*, and do another abundant mission. The tickets should just get you into the reward mission ....

Else it was lazy game design, reiterating MODOKs lab...

I do not like the high RNG aspect. At least they tried to reduce it a little, but the cost for the chronometer was to high.
  • SfakuSfaku Posts: 44
    The event has some good sides and might have looked fresh on paper, but I have to agree that it is boring. It seems to satisfy the “less grinding“ request but not an ideal execution. My luck hasn’t been that bad though, I pulled 2 or 3 5 stars (a Luke Cage which is great and a dupe for Domino) plus a mutant gem with the chronometer.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    So far, the best I've got is mutant awakening gem (from chronometer) and 10.000 5* shards. I got a 5* Thing from it. So I guess I got lucky.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    It’s really tedious and 4 energy sucks for lower accounts.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Zola nailed it.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    RoOOts said:

I
    Else it was lazy game design, reiterating MODOKs lab...

Get ready for next month's third iteration of the side quest no one likes!
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    I got lucky with my rewards, so I’m pretty happy with it.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I just wish they would get more creative with the side events and quests in general.

Everything so repetitive and grindy.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    I got the mutant AG I wanted using the chronometer, 4 t2a and 1200 6* shards so far. No complaints. Plus a bunch of fun new 2*s for the next quest or arena that limits champ rarity.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Cant say I hated it because truth is it’s easy, not super time consuming, and gave me a 5* awakening gem plus a decent chunk of 6* and 5* rewards. Is it boring yes but I’m ok with boring versus annoying or frustrating from my side event(except real challenge quest content which I cannot fathom why seems it is completely cut at this point).

The rng rewards I always hate but so is this game these days. Rifts are an easy go to and have been reoccurring event for some time now.

I already can’t wait for next month when everyone is pissed because the randomizer side events with randomized champions and buffs is usually not a crowd pleaser. You can reroll(and the reroll function probably still has the bug that it resets when you leave and come back)but when you can’t even plan before dropping in is usually painful and gets a lot of flack(because truth is it sucks). Randomized rewards can be unfair but randomized level of challenge for the same rewards usually is more painful for everyone.

Realistically we are just playing side events slightly altered out of the same playbook for the most part from the last 2 years. I’m ok with that and would rather have the easy ones for the easy rewards versus the harder ones(especially since the rewards are Relatively about the same typically).
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I haven’t got any sig stones so I can’t complain about it.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Veer4_0 said:

If I go by the rewards I got from the rifts, it was an average month. I decided not to go with the chronometer, as I already have the skill and mutant awakening gems for Aegon and Omega if KABAM's RNG ever decides to bless my account with those champs.

So far I've done 16 epic rifts and the rewards I've gotten:
    1K 5* shards - 8
    2K 5* shards - 2
    T5B - 1
    5* Featured crystal - 1 (Electro)
    100 6* shards - 1
    1K 6* shards - 2
    T2A - 1

Now that I'm thinking of it I could have gone for Cosmic gem with chronometer for Cap Marvel but I don't have her either and who knows how long will it take to pull her too and it also meant less 2* crystals.
    I love collecting 2* champs and this was a good event for that, so many new 2* champs and immediately ranked them all up and used on rifts too much fun.

Everyone is running after 5* and 6* champs and gems and here I'm having fun with new 2* Hyperion & Iceman and other unique ones. :smiley:

Ditto

2* Hyperion is too much fun
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I agree that Hate is too strong a word, but it was definitely a PITA to have to fight specific champs, get the pass, go into a quest to get the intel, wash-rinse-repeat to get enough intel to get a chronometer and then do the rift. Should've been fight specific champ, get intel and 2* crystal, fight rift, get rewards.
  • Grandmaster007Grandmaster007 Posts: 88
    I repeatedly kept getting sig stones, eventually had to save up for chronometer which got me a skill AG that I used in awakening aegon.
  • Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81

I don't mind the rifts themselves, it's getting to it that was more of a pain.
    Hunt down champ
    Collect ticket
    Complete quest with 2*s
    Collect Intel
    Wait a day
    Hunt down champ
    Collect ticket
    2* quest
    Collect Intel
    Buy detector
    Go into rift, remember to change teams
    RNG reward
    Just an unnecessary tedious process!

I didn't mind saving for chronometer, used it on the 9th rift.

well written...all of that for some bad rng rewards...& in my case...can't use my chronometer...because I didn't found the mutant AG, in 12 rifts...this is crazy