**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am i the only one who hated this month's side events and rifts?

Comments

• BeamerboyBeamerboy Posts: 9
    The thing I didn't like was the amount of times I had to go in and use two stars to do that small quest it gets tiring after awhile
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i absollutely hated this month's side event!! absolute trash Rng fiesta that mever is in my favour since i wont spend the money asked!! yeh "the patent" is working
  • themagician9themagician9 Posts: 1
    I have been doing red rift epic. I keep getting 5 sig +1 almost all the time.

I thought this was supposed to be random but seems loaded. I thought maybe I am mistaken, but it is so much so that now I can just tell I will get one of the 3 worst rewards available

This is completely disappointing. Wasting so much time and now even spending money to buy intel to just get the worst rewards available makes it feel like I’m being completely cheated!
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    2 Star quest is a bit annoying, because I save up 2 tickets and then do the 2 Star quests back to back. I quake all 3 dudes then use Star Lord on Taskmaster, but I'd prefer to get intel from bounty missions. Still happy that I got to awaken my Aegon and I got a five star featured crystal from it too. Hoping to get 1 more 5 star awakening gem and some more 5/6 star shards
  • CapAvengerCapAvenger Posts: 48
    I think it’s been great. I’ve ran 14 rifts and got the chronometer. Unfortunately I still haven’t seen the AG I’m wanting, but I’ve gotten 2 other AG’s and 4 five stars and some 6* shards from a SIDE event.

The energy is a bit much but it’s not that big of a deal
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    I didn't enjoy it that much either
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Loved it as I didn’t buy the chronometer and still got three 5* ag. Mutant, Skill and Cosmic. Sure it’s an RNG based event but really it’s not that bad.

Exactly, people's opinion is based on what they got. If RNG blessed you with good stuff, you're happy. If the RNG god cursed you with ****, you're a bit salty and whiny.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

“Hate” is a little strong. I felt more of a settled resignation towards this month’s events.

The one major piece of saving grace was the chronometer: I’ve often ranted that players should have more autonomy and RNG less sway, and the chronometer was a fair way to do that. I got one thing I wanted that was actually helpful, I got a handful of other stuff that was okay, and it wasn’t that difficult to do.

Without the chronometer, however, this month would be just another series of duels, mindless quests and mostly fruitless rifts for me.

Dr. Zola

While the chronometer is a better than RNG, it still relies on RNG on what you get if you are looking for a specific AG, and that is where it fails.

If this would have been a generic AG for example, then, it would have been better, or even if it can turn the AG you are looking for from whatever is on the board.

I am 0 for 12 waiting for the AG I need. It usually is skill the vast majority of the time, then 1 mutant, and 1 science and 1 tech.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Those not getting the one gem they want should not have limited themselves to only one class. I wanted skill, but also told myself that mystic would also do. First mystic showed up on my 9th rift so I used my chrono. Never saw a skill, and I have 0 epic rifts left. I'm happy with getting my second choice.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Nope, you're not the only one. It was another RNG ****, like everytime they think it's a good idea to dig up the rifts (a very bad timing considering the overall feelings that have been shared by a lot of players lately). And unfortunately I'm fully confident it will be disappointing again the next time, because of course they'll come back...

Only thing I liked this month was the 2 stars crystals, says a lot about how lacklustre I find these past 5 weeks...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

DrZola said:

“Hate” is a little strong. I felt more of a settled resignation towards this month’s events.

The one major piece of saving grace was the chronometer: I’ve often ranted that players should have more autonomy and RNG less sway, and the chronometer was a fair way to do that. I got one thing I wanted that was actually helpful, I got a handful of other stuff that was okay, and it wasn’t that difficult to do.

Without the chronometer, however, this month would be just another series of duels, mindless quests and mostly fruitless rifts for me.

Dr. Zola

While the chronometer is a better than RNG, it still relies on RNG on what you get if you are looking for a specific AG, and that is where it fails.

If this would have been a generic AG for example, then, it would have been better, or even if it can turn the AG you are looking for from whatever is on the board.

I am 0 for 12 waiting for the AG I need. It usually is skill the vast majority of the time, then 1 mutant, and 1 science and 1 tech.
    That’s very bad luck. You’re looking for mystic or cosmic? Or either?

Dr. Zola
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    I assume people that got lucky loved these rifts and people got unlucky hated it. I was at the lucky side since I pulled 2 5* AG ( one from chrono though), 1 featured 5*, 10k 5* shards, 2 t2a, 4,5k t5b and once +5sigs cosmic. I suppose that if the rewards spread was more narrow the rng aspect of it will be less important to people. If it was +10sigs generic, 300 6* shards (instead of 100) and 3k 5*s (instead of 1k) the rewards would be more balanced and less players would be salty 👍
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    The side quest was boring and I hate RNG rewards.
  • ThepainshotThepainshot Posts: 2
    I thought the rifts were great, especially the fact you could save
    Up and get a great item for doing a task that was a little time and energy consuming but worth it in the long run. I really hope they bring this event back again
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

SparkAlot said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    theres a good amount of people including myself who have been targeting a specific class and it hasn't appeared yet. I'm still waiting for a cosmic to show up. I bought the chronometer and ive also purchased the extra intel every day in the store, so I'm going to get the full 18 runs in - some days when i've run the quest twice it's been the same class. I had science show up four days in a row.

I have a good account and it won't necessarily hurt me if it doesn't come up (it's annoying and I think a badly designed event and game mode), but for those trying to get a game changer all month to awaken one specific champ, like Aegon for Labyrinth, they are probably much more frustrated than me.
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Sometimes you get good luck, sometimes you don’t. I got each location at least once except for the catalysts and 1k 6* shards. Sorry if you didn’t
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

SparkAlot said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Cosmic. 1 more rift left, we will see.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Sig stones sig stones and more sig stones,
    All AG have been tech bar 1 cosmic, obviously I need a science AG
    Yeah I hated it
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    wow guys didn't expect to get this much answers but ok!
    another great job again by Kabam to make the game even more boring
    Hopefully next month's will be better
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    @Nick_Caine_32 @SparkAlot best of luck then. I’m not sure I’ve seen a Science gem (would have been useful) and my first mystic sightng was yesterday. I did see a cosmic first run after I saved 3500 intel, which was useful.

But I would agree that most of the people I play with have had “clumpy” AG choices—maybe the same 1-2 classes max showing up on all their runs. But 13-18 runs is a small sample size, so that clumpiness isn’t impossible.

Dr. Zola
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Previous rift events have all been very bad for me. The RNG never seemed to swing in my favor.

The addition of the chronometer was a welcome one. While you aren't 100% guaranteed to get the awakening gem of your choice, it is very likely that you will and in the rare chance that you don't, so still get your choice of 10K 5* shards, 1K 6* shards, or a featured 5* crystal plus whatever else you manage to pull from the rest of the rifts. In all, it's a fair amount of resources from the monthly side event.

I will agree with others that the intel should have come directly from the daily target. The 2* map we run with the card to get our intel is lazy, monotonous, and uninspired. Get rid of it completely.

In all, the event was boring, but the rewards are better than most side events we run. I was ok with it, but it could use some improvement.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    On top of getting our intel directly from the duel target, I'd make the following change if I were to do it again:

I'd cut the chance to "Chance It" and land on the Awakening gem path to 1%, but change the gem to a generic. This means people who save for the Chronometer are guaranteed to get a useful awakening gem if they want it while still leaving it as a rare chance for someone to happen upon it by sheer luck.