**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please Stop RNG based Events

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Loaded dice also land where they land...
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Loaded dice also land where they land...

But they still have a chance to land elsewhere...
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Joji137 said:

Game is already too much RNG based especially crystals. Events like rifts should be avoided as it can be unfair to many players despite the same amount of effort being put in.
    Events should be either grind based or skill based rather than luck.

I see where you are coming from, but this ignores the Kabam-reality. Running events like this where there is a chance of really good prizes means they can run stuff like this more often. If it became an event with a guaranteed 5* Awakening Gem/10,000 5* shards...they just wouldn't run stuff like this all that often. It is easy to point at those that disagree and say "well they probably got good stuff from the rifts". But it does beg to question, if you had done really well on the rifts....would you have made this post?
    Solswerd said:

Joji137 said:

Game is already too much RNG based especially crystals. Events like rifts should be avoided as it can be unfair to many players despite the same amount of effort being put in.
    Events should be either grind based or skill based rather than luck.

I see where you are coming from, but this ignores the Kabam-reality. Running events like this where there is a chance of really good prizes means they can run stuff like this more often. If it became an event with a guaranteed 5* Awakening Gem/10,000 5* shards...they just wouldn't run stuff like this all that often. It is easy to point at those that disagree and say "well they probably got good stuff from the rifts". But it does beg to question, if you had done really well on the rifts....would you of made this post?
    Completely agree. Kabam wouldn't just give players the opportunity to get multiple AGs, featured crystals, even a 6* without some element of RNG.

If you don't like RNG, say goodbye to those rewards.
  • GizGiz Posts: 124
    If you can't get what u want because of KabamRNG...just spend ur way to it!
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I think the main source of people’s frustration is down to the fact they haven’t seen the AG they’re after even though they’ve saved for the chrono.

I think if there wasn’t a chrono added to the event we’d see far less negative feedback on the forums. People entered the event thinking they’d get a guaranteed shot at using the chrono on an AG they need when that wasn’t the case. The RNG for each path in the rifts is fine - the RNG for the particular AG appearing is not. That’s what I’ve picked up this month.
    FiiNCH said:

I think the main source of people’s frustration is down to the fact they haven’t seen the AG they’re after even though they’ve saved for the chrono.

I think if there wasn’t a chrono added to the event we’d see far less negative feedback on the forums. People entered the event thinking they’d get a guaranteed shot at using the chrono on an AG they need when that wasn’t the case. The RNG for each path in the rifts is fine - the RNG for the particular AG appearing is not. That’s what I’ve picked up this month.

I completely agree. There should've been some sort of rotation of Sig Stones and AGs.
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    We can't depend on luck this is the skill based game not the tambola or luckey wheel....I agree on this....I didn't got any shards or Awakining gem yet...
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

FiiNCH said:

I completely agree. There should've been some sort of rotation of Sig Stones and AGs.
    Agreed - if they were okay with allowing each player a guaranteed AG this event why not design it so each player had the opportunity to get the class they need. I feel they missed a trick there, but I guess they had fair reasoning.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mercury79 said:

We can't depend on luck this is the skill based game not the tambola or luckey wheel....I agree on this....I didn't got any shards or Awakining gem yet...

"Skill based game"? Are we playing the same game? This game is built on RNG. Denying that would be foolish.

Built on RNG, yes, but there is still skill required to progress, especially the higher you go.

Mercury79 said:

"Skill based game"? Are we playing the same game? This game is built on RNG. Denying that would be foolish.

Built on RNG, yes, but there is still skill required to progress, especially the higher you go.
    I understand that, but that's not what @Mercury79 was saying. They were saying that the game was skill-based, and no RNG-based, which is false.
    edited May 2020

Mercury79 said:

I understand that, but that's not what @Mercury79 was saying. They were saying that the game was skill-based, and no RNG-based, which is false.
    Bro crystals grind is only rng based otherwise it's skilled based but somehow game is becoming rng
    Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

Bro crystals grind is only rng based otherwise it's skilled based
    But that's the whole basis of the game. You obtain champions based on RNG and you use those champions to fight. If you get a bad champion, you might not be able to complete some fights, even with skill. I'd say that's pretty RNG based.
    edited May 2020

Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

But that's the whole basis of the game. You obtain champions based on RNG and you use those champions to fight. If you get a bad champion, you might not be able to complete some fights, even with skill. I'd say that's pretty RNG based.
    Haha bro you win that's the truth but this rift is Quist and quists are skilled based but rifts are luck based
    Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

Haha bro you win that's the truth but this rift is Quist and quists are skilled based but rifts are luck based
    I'm not saying that all quests should be luck-based. I'm saying that luck-based quests shouldn't be completely removed. There should be a balance between grindy, skill-based, and luck-based events.
    SparkAlot said:

Kabam did remove RNG from other awards, since people were sick of doing the same content, same work, and yet only some got good stuff, and the other ones got crapped on.

So, it has been done before.

Don't know why they started doing this again. :(

Because some people, like yours truly, like playing with/against odds. It provides more thrill than just grinding through the same things over and over again.

Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

Mercury79 said:

I'm not saying that all quests should be luck-based. I'm saying that luck-based quests shouldn't be completely removed. There should be a balance between grindy, skill-based, and luck-based events.
    Yeah bro I agee on this and I think we both agree on this
  • ed4lifeed4life Posts: 2
    I haven't pulled anything god teir for 6.1.5 I can relate this game has too much reg
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

Al those in disagreement, probably got better rewards. Wait for next such event, have a crappy luck and you will on same boat. Stop being selfish.

I got 1 AG, 1 featured crystal and everything else was 1 or 2k 5* shards. RNG sucks sometimes but, I bet you'd disagree with this post if you got good pulls from rifts and I also bet that you wouldn't have made this post if you got good pulls either.
    Pretty sure you just proved the OPs point.
    No I didn't. I am saying if the rift pulls went their way, there's no way they'd post this.
    Exactly. If the rift pulls went their way, there would be no reason to complain about it. If all paths had rewards of equivalent value, everyone would be satisfied.
    Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

Al those in disagreement, probably got better rewards. Wait for next such event, have a crappy luck and you will on same boat. Stop being selfish.

I got 1 AG, 1 featured crystal and everything else was 1 or 2k 5* shards. RNG sucks sometimes but, I bet you'd disagree with this post if you got good pulls from rifts and I also bet that you wouldn't have made this post if you got good pulls either.
    No I didn't. I am saying if the rift pulls went their way, there's no way they'd post this.
    Exactly. If the rift pulls went their way, there would be no reason to complain about it. If all paths had rewards of equivalent value, everyone would be satisfied.
    But that would defeat the purpose of RNG. You want good rewards and bad rewards. Having equivalent rewards wouldn't be enticing. There would be no highs, and no lows.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    To be fair, they've had Events that depend on RNG for years. They run a variety of Events over the course of the year. Some are straight payout, others are market-type, some are RNG-based. They switch it up. This year has had a really decent payout, but they can't all be one thing.

To be fair, they've had Events that depend on RNG for years. They run a variety of Events over the course of the year. Some are straight payout, others are market-type, some are RNG-based. They switch it up. This year has had a really decent payout, but they can't all be one thing.

Exactly. If all the quests were just one type, we would get bored of 'em really quickly. That's why we need different types.
    edited May 2020

Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

But that would defeat the purpose of RNG. You want good rewards and bad rewards. Having equivalent rewards wouldn't be enticing. There would be no highs, and no lows.
    It wouldn't defeat the purpose of RNG. If you had, as a crude example, a 25% chance of getting one of four rewards that had equal value, you'd still have variety and chance worked in. I might not be thrilled that I wanted 1000 units worth of Awakening Gem rewards instead of the 1000 units worth of signature stones that I received instead, but I couldn't complain about the value of the rewards, just the fact that chance didn't go my way in directing me to the reward I wanted.

It comes across as you arguing that buying one $5 ticket to win a $50 value door prize doesn't fairly represent chance as opposed to buying a $5 ticket to win a prize of a value between $1 and $100 being what would fairly represent chance. The long and the short of it is that some people don't need to feel like losers in order for me to feel like a winner, and in the absence of comparison to others, I don't have to feel like a loser some of the time in order to feel like a winner some of the time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

But that's the whole point of what I said regardless of what you say OP means. It's only unfair because they didn't like their rift rewards which is just dumb to be mad about. You know what the event is going into it. They give you at least 1 chance at a guaranteed reward of your choice. There's barely any effort out into the event and everyone has the same chances for effort put in. Simply just don't participate in the event if you don't like the RNG aspect. It wasn't a mystery nor the first time these rifts have been available.

There isn't any way to make the rewards equal because the ones offered aren't equal. What else is equal to a Awakening Gem or a 5* featured? Nothing is equal
    Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

It wouldn't defeat the purpose of RNG. If you had, as a crude example, a 25% chance of getting one of four rewards that had equal value, you'd still have variety and chance worked in. I might not be thrilled that I wanted 1000 units worth of Awakening Gem rewards instead of the 1000 units worth of signature stones that I received instead, but I couldn't complain about the value of the rewards, just the fact that chance didn't go my way in directing me to the reward I wanted.

It comes across as you arguing that buying one $5 ticket to win a $50 value door prize doesn't fairly represent chance as opposed to buying a $5 ticket to win a prize of a value between $1 and $100 being what would fairly represent chance. The long and the short of it is that some people don't need to feel like losers in order for me to feel like a winner, and in the absence of comparison to others, I don't have to feel like a loser some of the time in order to feel like a winner some of the time.
    I could have chosen my words more carefully, but what I'm trying to say is that the rewards wouldn't be enticing.

Kabam wouldn't put items of high value in the rifts, then. If they put a 5* basic in the rift, imagine how many Sig Stones would need to be put in as well.

There really wouldn't be the thrill of getting something good, since all the options are good. If you go to a casino and every time you spin one of those machines, and you get a prize every time, you wouldn't be excited, since there's no sense of getting a reward. Also, the casinos would go bankrupt, but that's another point.

Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Bodhizen said:

Joji137 said:

I could have chosen my words more carefully, but what I'm trying to say is that the rewards wouldn't be enticing.

Kabam wouldn't put items of high value in the rifts, then. If they put a 5* basic in the rift, imagine how many Sig Stones would need to be put in as well.

There really wouldn't be the thrill of getting something good, since all the options are good. If you go to a casino and every time you spin one of those machines, and you get a prize every time, you wouldn't be excited, since there's no sense of getting a reward. Also, the casinos would go bankrupt, but that's another point.
    This is a completely fair statement. I'm not 100% enticed by the notion of receiving 1000 Units worth of signature stones over the notion of receiving 1000 Units worth of Awakening Gems, or 5- or 6-star Hero Crystal shards. But, I can't complain that I got a fair value for the play. I'm not exclusively here for the element of chance like I would be if I went to a casino. Personally, I'm here for the play experience. The fact that the play experience is tied to elements of chance is unfortunate and infuriating (sometimes). I am not personally enticed by the notion that I could get something really good, but that I could also get something really bad (by comparison). I'm not here for the gambling aspect. I respect the fact that you seem to be.

Best wishes!
  • Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81
    U gamble addicts make me laugh...U must understand that for many players in the mcoc community...rng is making them hate & lose interest in this game..I'm cavalier, grind arenas, do every month events-aq/aw for rewards...but they are underwhelming, everytime...so pls cut me some slack, with your preaches...say what U want...but for the time/items invested in the rifts or other rng based mcoc stuff...the outcome is just not fair... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos pls focus on stuff that help every player in the mcoc community & keep the rng for the crystal openings