**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RIFTS are poorly planned!

The reward crystals already suffer from the RNG curse. I'm wondering what made KABAM keep rifts paths also RNG based?! Why make it even more worse? Can anyone think of an acceptable logic?

This entire month of rifts I kept getting the same 1000 red shards over and over again...

Also, I believe we all will end up with some extra intel on the last day that we will never be able to use. What was the logic behind 258 intel? This whole month there was nothing much to do. Boring!

Comments

• spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    Depends entirely on RNG. I got a T2A on my first Rift, then small amounts of 5 and 6* shards on 4 rifts after that. Then I pulled a Mutant AG. Spawned a Tech AG in the next Rift which I needed for OG Vision so I got it using Chronometer and in the one after that I got the Featured crystal which gave me Domino. Landed sig stones in my last two Rifts but given the previous haul, I can't even complain.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    iRanjan said:

The reward crystals already suffer from the RNG curse. I'm wondering what made KABAM keep rifts paths also RNG based?! Why make it even more worse? Can anyone think of an acceptable logic?

This entire month of rifts I kept getting the same 1000 red shards over and over again...

Also, I believe we all will end up with some extra intel on the last day that we will never be able to use. What was the logic behind 258 intel? This whole month there was nothing much to do. Boring!

Rifts have always RNG, what do you want 18 rifts with choose your own? Even if you get 18 x 1k shards that’s still 18k shards you didn’t have and it’s an easy quest, don’t like it don’t do it simple.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    15 sig stones
    18k t5 basic
    22k 5* shard
    2 t2 alpha
    100 6* shards

..... I think that's about it for me so far.
    If u got 1k 5* shard every time. Then it's wierd.
    M happy with rifts.
    But seriously 4 energy per tile is a scary pain. Thank god there ain't timer for time out.

In epic section only 100 6 shard path is the only irrelevant path ever.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★

I don't know why you're mad, but I'm happy to get Science AG at last 😄 with chrono.
    Save intel for 2 consecutive rifts and then boom...
  • NinjaNate90NinjaNate90 Posts: 52
    I don’t have a problem with the RNG, but the scale of the rewards is outdated. Everything in the red rifts is mostly geared toward 5*s when they are becoming obsolete in new content. The extra rewards from monthly event quests should be there to mitigate the lack of endgame preparation in baseline content and make up for the reliance on a select group of champs to complete this end game content. If you won’t update or provide more champs to be capable of completing baseline endgame content, you need make it easier for everyone to get them....*cough Aegon*
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I don’t have a problem with the RNG, but the scale of the rewards is outdated. Everything in the red rifts is mostly geared toward 5*s when they are becoming obsolete in new content. The extra rewards from monthly event quests should be there to mitigate the lack of endgame preparation in baseline content and make up for the reliance on a select group of champs to complete this end game content. If you won’t update or provide more champs to be capable of completing baseline endgame content, you need make it easier for everyone to get them....*cough Aegon*

In what universe are you living that 5*s are remotely obsolete? A 6* R3 barely has higher stats than a 5* R5, I think it's around 18% IIRC. A boost you get for free from AQ events basically makes the 5* stronger, a better power gainer, and has more access to sig levels .
    Literally the only thing 6*s are needed for yet is pushing up prestige. Sure they're nice to have but not even remotely necessary
  • Insanegod619Insanegod619 Posts: 22
    I didnt get my rift rewards after I did update. @Kabam Miike
  • Mercury79Mercury79 Posts: 551 ★★
    Unio77 said:

I understand what you mean but the game is kinda built on RNG and not everything can be like barons war

I think only crystals thing is rng based other quists and game are skilled based it's not tambola or luckey wheel game so we have to depend on our luck in game...
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Lol planned. We have been doing this event of some sort for years every 4-6 months. Minimal planning went into the actual rift design. That planning went into the way to get into the rift which really isn’t much different.

Excited to see the planning that went into next month. I am still betting the randomizer bug still hasn’t been fixed even though this is the 3rd or 4th iteration at least of these randomized quests with 2 paths typically wit randomized champions on the paths.

Also these types of events are always rng. Just wait until next month when the rewards aren’t rng but the difficulty is rng. That’s when it’s really fun.
  • iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64
    To add to all this drama, we now get 10000 free intel (wow!) but the timing is soooo bad!

This goes on to prove my point that the rifts are poorly planned. Epic rifts are capped so what do I do with all this intel? Go to lesser rifts for lesser, insignificant rewards? Cheap thrills.. very poorly planned.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    iRanjan said:

Man, your words were prophetic. Kabam just dumped 10k intel.
    @DoubleDelta that's a 22% jump. Still pretty close to what I said. It may have been 18-19% over a R2 as opposed to R5 when I was looking at it originally
    R3 6*s are no where remotely close to the jump in power increase as we got with 5*s at each rank.

@DoubleDelta that's a 22% jump. Still pretty close to what I said. It may have been 18-19% over a R2 as opposed to R5 when I was looking at it originally

@Worknprogress Like I said they're not completely obsolete, they're like 4*s in act 5 - they'll get you through the content, in some cases they're the better option due to sig levels - but within a year, maybe two, they'll start to be phased out.

Before I R3'd corvus, I'd use my 5* over my 6* R2, even now I'll use my 5* depending on the nodes
    Yeah in a year or two sure. My post was in response to someone saying they're already becoming obsolete in content which just isn't close to true though.

Look at a screenshot of your roster a year ago and compare it to today. If you're an active player, a lot can change in a year
  • iRanjaniRanjan Posts: 64

iRanjan said:

To add to all this drama, we now get 10000 free intel (wow!) but the timing is soooo bad!

This goes on to prove my point that the rifts are poorly planned. Epic rifts are capped so what do I do with all this intel? Go to lesser rifts for lesser, insignificant rewards? Cheap thrills.. very poorly planned.

@iRanjan the intel was meant as a compensation for those either unable to enter due to a bug, or some devices weren't being rewarded intel over the last day or two. Instead of having to try figure out who missed out (bringing it well past the finish of the event) they sent out intel for free to everyone.

For those not affected, you've just got free stuff for absolutely nothing. Even if you only get a couple extra epic rifts, and couple master ones out of it.. its free stuff you wouldn't have got. For those affected, they're not getting as much as you have. So don't complain.

It is a game. They need to make money and can't just gift everyone the best stuff in the game, and if they did.. it wouldn't be fun. The potiental to get a free 5* AG, for what? 6 fights.. pretty good deal.

Even at 1k 5* shards, lets work this out quickly.. 6 fights 18 times.. 108 very easy, reasonably fast fights. For 18k 5* shards in an event they didn't need to give us. UC monthly, which is slightly harder, only gives you about 7k, without the chance of any of the other good stuff. To top it off, this year they gave you the option to pick exactly what you wanted.
    You are confusing design with rewards. They both are two different things

Anything free does not absolve a project which could have been done well

Your argument is naive.. it's like saying I could have studied better but why are you complaining? I got a C for no effort

@Worknprogress Like I said they're not completely obsolete, they're like 4*s in act 5 - they'll get you through the content, in some cases they're the better option due to sig levels - but within a year, maybe two, they'll start to be phased out.

Before I R3'd corvus, I'd use my 5* over my 6* R2, even now I'll use my 5* depending on the nodes
    Yeah in a year or two sure. My post was in response to someone saying they're already becoming obsolete in content which just isn't close to true though.

Look at a screenshot of your roster a year ago and compare it to today. If you're an active player, a lot can change in a year
    I remember where I was a year ago, and its amazing how far hard arena for a year can take you.

In a year, we should have R4s in existence judging from kabams comments before - vast majority won't have the 6* roster worthy of ranking - loads of guys I play with still rank 5*s because their 6* luck is so poor at the moment.

At the very top 0.1%, the players who have 100% explored abyss, act 6 and probably top alliances for either AQ/AW, then yeah, 5*s are becoming obsolete slowly. 1% may be starting to look at 6*s over 5*s - 99% of the community still rely 5*s thou.
    Even those with everything finished like myself still have 5*s they plan on ranking and using. I currently have 6 R3s but my next 2 rankups I have planned are both 5*s at least. We've had people saying 5*s have started losing value around here for almost around a year now and it just irks me really. Is their time on the wane for a very small number of players? Yeah it's probably coming, but for the vast majority of players they'll be relevant for quite a while
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Thought they were really good personally. The only two bugbears I have is the high energy cost and the 2* quest which felt repetitive and tedious.

For one energy refill you’re getting - assuming you’re doing epic - on average more than the monthly heroic exploration rewards, depending on how you value the resources. Certainly across enough energy to explore Uncollected MEQ you’re coming out with far more loot.