**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why can’t Tigra wear her classic costume?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
Here’s a hot take: I like Tigra’s classic costume better than the one we got in game and I also think she’d sell more crystals if she wasn’t wearing a mechanic’s jumpsuit. So why force her to wear this custom made garb? Are people afraid of the female form? We don’t seem to be afraid of the male physique. Should Abomination be made to put a pair of pants on? Changing her look so drastically feels patronizing, as if to say the guy who originally drew her in 1974 should feel ashamed of his creation, as if the fans should feel bad about liking her in the first place. I don’t know how women would feel about this but, if I were a woman, I would be fairly confused. Were the original artists visions for these characters really so lewd or are we just being unnecessarily prude? Could it possibly be a desire to signal virtue has overtaken common sense? A bleak view of humanity dictating a set of rules that humanity doesn’t naturally abide? I don’t know but Tigra looks more like she’d drive a tow truck than comic book sales.

What do you all think? I’d be interested to hear the community’s point of view on this.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You immediately jumped to wrong conclusions based on nothing, as it becomes clear by reading the first post here.
    Whether you link what she is wearing or not, it doesn't matter. The way you made up an issue that shouldn't be discussed here is the problem
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Why does it matter at all tbh. I'm not trying to come off rude but there is bigger problems in this game that needs fixing rather then giving a character less clothes lmao

Although one could possibly argue that's kabams lack of care from events and overall content has now also lead to less than stellar design of a champs overall look.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Buttehrs said:

Zuro said:

Why does it matter at all tbh. I'm not trying to come off rude but there is bigger problems in this game that needs fixing rather then giving a character less clothes lmao

Although one could possibly argue that's kabams lack of care from events and overall content has now also lead to less than stellar design of a champs overall look.
    Yeah fair enough but I don't understand the issue here why does it matter so much if it'll barely look different, and if it's for "personal" needs then there are other places to look for stuff like that lool
    True tho I'll say I prefer my characters to look a bit more iconic or classic lol.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Zuro said:

Buttehrs said:

Zuro said:

Yeah fair enough but I don't understand the issue here why does it matter so much if it'll barely look different, and if it's for "personal" needs then there are other places to look for stuff like that lool
    True tho I'll say I prefer my characters to look a bit more iconic or classic lol.
    Yeah in any other case I'd understand but I don't think of Tigra to be much of an iconic character for this to be a issue but to each their own
  • For all we know though Disney could have had a final say on the reason why. I'll be honest though, if it wasn't for this post I would have assumed that was her comic costume.
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    @BadPullsMarco sorry, what do you mean?
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @manan_44 your original comment changed. It was a joke refereeing to your original statement. In the states there’s always the potential for an apoplectic digital wave to crash down on this thread if that stayed.
This discussion has been closed.