**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    rdxevil said:

Can someone upload a video on the event? Is this possible with 5* r3 champs?

not likely in epic without a real good deal of skill
  • TripticTriptic Posts: 1
    edited June 2020

Certainly harder than May, but nothing insane.

The attack values are pretty ridiculous. If you have a look at act 6.1.6 and the attack values there and compare it to this difficulty, some fights can be about 4-5k higher depending on the champs then champions are in 6.1.6. I expect the boss to be at 11k attack value but not nodes 2 fights in.

Maybe I’m wrong and this content isn’t designed for cavalier players but clearing 6.1 and unlocking epic on the monthly EQ would mean you could tackle epic side quests as well.

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    @UmbertoDelRio yeah you do have a point, this event is probably one of if not the hardest event I have ever seen so it would make sense to have a Premium reward like a r5 gem for like, most of your gold
  • GercasGercas Posts: 100 ★★
    Kabam simply drop the ball this month if I got bored of the rifts I can’t imagine enjoying this side quest with those rewards. By the second week it’ll be tedious and probably I’ll skip it by the half of the month
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think the issue is the difficulty compared to the rewards. For this type of effort daily a generic sig stone should be given per run and more 6 star shards. Everything else has little that can help my account at this point.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    Considering the rewards and difficulty of the paths, this quest is going to feel likegoing to work for a mediocre paycheck.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

I think the issue is the difficulty compared to the rewards. For this type of effort daily a generic sig stone should be given per run and more 6 star shards. Everything else has little that can help my account at this point.

getting anywhere close to the difficulty to rewards balance of the red rifts is going to be hard for Kabam (they were great). but this just takes the cake. too hard for most recently uncollected players with less developed rosters or less skill/experience of the more endgame players
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    The rewards are rubbish lol. These rewards would be good 2 years ago
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77
    It’s even worse when you try it. The difficulty is crazy
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    For 0 energy cost... You're complaining that you have to do a little work for some rewards?

Some people enjoy having difficulty. Some people don't even find the epic lab difficult.

Kabam is never going to please everyone in the game. And especially not on an individual basis.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

It's not hard. It really wasn't.

What boss did you get(and nodes)
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

No resources used. Only 3 nodes compared to 6 last time. 6 paths to choose from. Easily peasy.

but compared to more recent side events this is much harder, i get that its easier than the last set of labs but thats not the point being made. also you must be a much more experienced player who has no issue with the nodes. the difficulty increase for others is quite dramatic

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)
    And night crawler is just annoying

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.

It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.

Same nodes but with Gulk for me.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I guess I'm going to go into epic with my kinda underdeveloped looking roster and pray I don't get hit monkey, nightcrawler, or tigra bosses. I haven't even seen hit monkeys special attacks before lol
    ItsDamien said:

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
    With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    Exactly. It's nothing to complain about. If you're complaining about this, wait until you get to Act 6.
    edited June 2020

What boss did you get(and nodes)
    Boss VTD. 2 nodes- Soft Guard and Oscillate. Died twice due to getting clipped on his SP1 but only because his attack rating was almost 10k but I was able to finish him off easily.

I took the Skill path and it was various different nodes. I even went in blind on Ronin and it was freezer burn but didn't really effect me that much. Just didn't dash back. No resources used at all and no energy costs.

This labs event is by far easier than the previous ones.
    edited June 2020

ItsDamien said:

With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    Okay, but you didn't have to just rush in. Also, it shouldn't take you more that 1 fight to figure out how a champion works.
    Ok, that’s the difference. The path wasn’t hard. But I got a hit monkey as a boss. Plus I tried to re roll his buffs and got the same ones 4 times

Ok, that’s the difference. The path wasn’t hard. But I got a hit monkey as a boss. Plus I tried to re roll his buffs and got the same ones 4 times

Which buffs.

ItsDamien said:

The point was you don't have to rush into content blindly then complain. You could have waited a day and done two runs when you knew how to counter the new champs.
    ILLUSION8 said:

No resources used. Only 3 nodes compared to 6 last time. 6 paths to choose from. Easily peasy.

but compared to more recent side events this is much harder, i get that its easier than the last set of labs but thats not the point being made. also you must be a much more experienced player who has no issue with the nodes. the difficulty increase for others is quite dramatic
    It wasn't honestly. It's on par with them. No energy use and you can re-roll nodes and even delete them now too. If they are too much, do the lower difficulty. There wasn't anything on the one I just did that anyone couldn't handle.