**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77

It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.

Hit monkey with biohazard and unstoppable dash. I also tried to re till the buffs 4 times and got the same nodes
    Just bringing up some points, nobody needs to get to aggressive
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)
    And night crawler is just annoying

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
    With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    It's 1 path with 6 fights. 7 counting the boss. How would it take longer than a day?

ItsDamien said:

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
    With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    It's 1 path with 6 fights. 7 counting the boss. How would it take longer than a day?
    I was responding to the point that I could have waited and did 15 or more in one day
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

The point was you don't have to rush into content blindly then complain. You could have waited a day and done two runs when you knew how to counter the new champs.
    The point is, for the rewards it’s too difficult. Squirrel girl event, mole man, and rifts were not nearly as hard but the rewards were way better.
    EXACTLY. its not about labs. its about the difficulty to rewards balance and how that has changed (and got worse) from the recent events.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    The Modok Labs are just all about Roster versatility.

This was my team.

Havok- for energy nodes
    CMM- for big damage
    Guilly2099- for biohazard
    AA- for annoying fights, any fight that needed AA reduction or heal block
    NF- for synergy and extra damage/health

You need to build your roster so that every member has some useful utility. Of course, if you just go in with your non-immunes, you're going to get destroyed.

If you go in without utility, then who's really to blame?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

The point was you don't have to rush into content blindly then complain. You could have waited a day and done two runs when you knew how to counter the new champs.
    The point is, for the rewards it’s too difficult. Squirrel girl event, mole man, and rifts were not nearly as hard but the rewards were way better.
    If its too difficult then focus on building your roster. Not everything should be easy, regardless of the reward.
    ILLUSION8 said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

EXACTLY. its not about labs. its about the difficulty to rewards balance and how that has changed (and got worse) from the recent events.
    Couldn’t agree more. But we already know that they won’t make huge changes to the rewards. So why crank up the difficulty also. It’s just kinda strange to me. Especially with everything that has been going on with the game recently
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    I went in with a 4/55 NF, 5/50 AA and 3/45 domino with trinity. The nodes are so stupid even with randomizers. Trial by flame on an opponent whose special is like 2 seconds long is just unfair. Cost me some revives and I eventually quit midway. Certainly much harder than May. I'm also new to being uncollected (became UC in April) but come on.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Sample nodes from first run. Boss is NC with Mighty Charge and some other junk.

Dr. Zola

Exactly. It's nothing to complain about. If you're complaining about this, wait until you get to Act 6.

Im on act 6.3 lols total Units used so far in Act 6 1.7k Units blame the champion and Mysterio rite no! Cba doing the rest I've got T5 in overflow so don't need the rewards yet x

Luciano
    The champion initial clear wasn't bad. Mysterio cost me fewer units than Crossbones did lmao.
  • SunkaraSunkara Posts: 17
    Recently became uncollected. Looks like its time to start taking it lite and play occasionally. There is no point in progressing hurriedly based on the comments from experienced players. I will just try for cavalier after 2 years.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I did an epic one and thought it wasn't too difficult by any means

I went in with a 4/55 NF, 5/50 AA and 3/45 domino with trinity. The nodes are so stupid even with randomizers. Flaming trinity on an opponent whose special is like 2 seconds long is just unfair. Cost me some revives and I eventually quit midway. Certainly much harder than May. I'm also new to being uncollected (became UC in April) but come on.

That's why you scout the paths first.

ItsDamien said:

I was responding to the point that I could have waited and did 15 or more in one day
    Not sure why you'd wait 15 days. Seatin will probably have a video up of it most likely. Its nothing that anyone who has done act 5 or any of act 6 can't handle. If epic is too much for you, you aren't ready for high end content.
  • Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36
    The event hasn’t launched yet for me yet, are 4* able to enter the labs?

Exactly. It's nothing to complain about. If you're complaining about this, wait until you get to Act 6.

Im on act 6.3 lols total Units used so far in Act 6 1.7k Units blame the champion and Mysterio rite no! Cba doing the rest I've got T5 in overflow so don't need the rewards yet x

Luciano
    If you can't handle this, no wonder you are using so many units in act 6.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think it really depends on where you are in the game. For endgamish people, the labs are just another somewhat fun grindy event for 95% of the fights. For players who are newly uncollected, for example, will definitely struggle with this months epic compared to previous months.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Just did the Epic difficulty. Did the cosmic path. Fights are interesting but not too crazy. Just for reference, not even 1 enemy survived Doom's full cycle.

Again, if they put 2 sig stones a day in epic rewards and I will be happy.

Agreed. All I need is a little more sigs as well.

This was my team.

Havok- for energy nodes
    CMM- for big damage

You need to build your roster so that every member has some useful utility. Of course, if you just go in with your non-immunes, you're going to get destroyed.

But should you really need a team like that for a quest that is relatively stingy with the rewards???
    “Unless you have guilly, cap marvel, archangel and havok, you don’t deserve the 50 6* shards”🤣🤣. That’s kind of the ridiculousness of this event
    I'm not saying you need those champs, you just need to be prepared for just about anything when you're going into the labs. Bring an immune, like LC, MS, a robot. Bring a power-drainer/nullifier (which I didn't btw). Bring someone with high damage, so in bad fights, you can just squeeze by.

Point is, the labs are forcing you to bring a variety of different champions, not forcing you to do everything with one champion.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

I went in with a 4/55 NF, 5/50 AA and 3/45 domino with trinity. The nodes are so stupid even with randomizers. Flaming trinity on an opponent whose special is like 2 seconds long is just unfair. Cost me some revives and I eventually quit midway. Certainly much harder than May. I'm also new to being uncollected (became UC in April) but come on.

That's why you scout the paths first.
    Other paths looked ridiculous too(maybe because my roster isn't good enough)
    I'll just wait for a really long time now and see what to do

ItsDamien said:

Not sure why you'd wait 15 days. Seatin will probably have a video up of it most likely. Its nothing that anyone who has done act 5 or any of act 6 can't handle. If epic is too much for you, you aren't ready for high end content.
    Bosses change. They are not gonna be the same. He already made a video and he had a night crawler.(that wouldn’t help at all).
    I stand by the point, that for the rewards this event is too difficult. The squirrel girl event wasn’t as difficult. But you had other ways to get acorns, plus you could get more than what you needed( so it was a slight buffer)

This was my team.

Havok- for energy nodes
    CMM- for big damage

But should you really need a team like that for a quest that is relatively stingy with the rewards???
    “Unless you have guilly, cap marvel, archangel and havok, you don’t deserve the 50 6* shards”🤣🤣. That’s kind of the ridiculousness of this event
    Yes you should. Modok Labs has always been about using a diverse roster like he said. You should bring champs that can handle a wide variety of different node types.

It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.

Hit monkey with biohazard and unstoppable dash. I also tried to re till the buffs 4 times and got the same nodes
    I find that difficult to believe and the same nodes showed up 4 times.
    The point of the labs is to utilize different champions to "solve the puzzle".

Other side quests, like the rifts, or the MME, or the BW all really needed one "good" champion to complete. For me, it was CAIW.

For this quest, you don't necessarily need "good" champs, you just need the right ones.

If you just go into the quest blind with a team that has essentially the same utility, then of course you're going to be screwed. You have to basically plan for everything in your roster. That's the point of this whole quest.
  • kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    Yeah I took the skill path in Epic and got ruined. Good thing is I didn't regret quitting out thanks to the trash rewards and the even trashier coin store.