**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Seriously?!!? How do you beat Ronin in this months EQ in EPIC?

MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
Hes the Boss in part 3 of 6. Hes immune to all hits except SPs i believe but he heals 5% of his health back every 7 seconds. I just out-fought him solid and have a KO'd Champ and he's at 100% health.... so no benefit at all.

Maybe I will try and save up power for a SP3 and see if that dents him....

Comments

• Kayser2705Kayser2705 Posts: 96
    Is easy, ok he is the most annoying of this month quest but is not that bad

• MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Kayser2705 Thanks for the heads up (that he is the most annoying this month). That gives me hope. Going to try my Champs that inflict bleed or Damage Over Time hits as I think those hurt him at least. Thanks!
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Magonus said:

@Kayser2705 Thanks for the heads up (that he is the most annoying this month). That gives me hope. Going to try my Champs that inflict bleed or Damage Over Time hits as I think those hurt him at least. Thanks!

you just have to push him to s1 and bait it. You will gain a bar of power when he uses a special. It's power shield, so basic attacks do no damage, but specials have increased damage
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I used colossus you gain a bar every time he uses an sp and your sp does more damage. Heavy into one sp2 with omega and he was dead
    Thanks all. Appreciate the advice.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★

• SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Pretty easy. Domino: Push him to sp1 or 2; gain power when he trigger the sp; launch your sp1 or 2; repeat until he fall.

or just quake it!
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Magonus said:

Hes the Boss in part 3 of 6. Hes immune to all hits except SPs i believe but he heals 5% of his health back every 7 seconds. I just out-fought him solid and have a KO'd Champ and he's at 100% health.... so no benefit at all.

Maybe I will try and save up power for a SP3 and see if that dents him....

https://youtu.be/KGMdo7HG1ss
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Masacre worked great in my first run. Get him to SP2 and throw that (projectile-based) attack into Ronin's block for massive damage.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    @Magonus here are my 5 clears of Ronin. Make sure you bait his specials out to get your own power, bring champs that have projectile specials, preferably ones with damage over time, and you should be good to go. Even with the 5% masochism heal, you should be able to get around that. And remember you don't have to parry to get openings. Try hard blocking to bait that heavy of his to get easy openings

https://youtu.be/ezIoAA8tKCI
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    actually it was a good boss fight!
  • I used a ramped up G99 sp3
    @LilMaddogHT @Larry_Bobinskin Thanks everyone. Very helpful!
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    A 3/45 Havok cleared him in 1sp3 this was actually one of my favorite boss fights ever
  • Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Posts: 150
    Domino wasted him quickly
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Using Hype, the process is: Ronin reach 1 bar of power => bait sp1 => then Hype launch sp1 => then Ronin reach 1 bar of power => bait sp1 => then Hype launch 2nd sp1 => wait 10 sec => defeated
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I used cmm, but it took longer than expected. I thought that projectile node thing combined with power shield would make it able for me to one shot him with a sp2 but didn't work unfortunately. Probably because I couldn't build up armor breaks with that node
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Was he a problem? Havok absolutely destroys him. Usually kills him in a single L2.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    bait SP1 .. launch your SP2 ... bait SP1 again ... launch your SP2 for the kill.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I tried to get a massive crit with my CAIW, but I ended up doing 2 60k non-crits from his L2. Hoping to manage to get a crit on him.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Lol I beat him with rogue, he’s not difficult