**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Ebony_Naw said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

Players.. “game has progressed to 6* champs, we need 6* stones and shards”
    Kabam... “here’s some 5* stones and shards”

Is that what players are saying? I guess I missed that over the everyone else saying that the change doesn't benefit anyone lower than Cavalier. Or are you saying that everyone, from UC down to Proven, has progressed to 6* champs?

The reasonable assumption here is that the next higher difficulty tier and content path to it haven't been finalized yet, so the rewards for them haven't been finalized yet, so they have to be cautious about rewards they add to content that was designed long ago and are changing literally on the spur of the moment to address feedback concerns.

Plus, I've never understood the concept of the "meta" being that the game has progressed to 6* champs, so there's not enough supply of 6* champs and rank up materials. If there aren't enough ways to get them or rank them up, then having the "meta" be that everyone should focus on them seems illogical. If you're focusing on the thing you can't get enough of, that's a bad game decision.

I think my one issue with quests like these is that you need to have a roster that allows you to select s team of 5 champions who can deal with a potentially diverse set of challenges. But then, if you have that roster, the rewards are never useful for the person who has such a roster. Personally, 15k 5* shards and 20 5* sig stone crystals doesn't really get me anywhere. Is the quest hard for me? No, not with my champs, but even the 5* rewards are lower than what we have typically seen from a side quest over the past 6 months.

Then you have other players complaining the quest is too hard. I suspect these players are the ones trying desperately to expand their 5* roster in order to tackle the rest of Act 5 or first half of Act 6. That's exactly who these rewards seem to be targeted for, but then they can't do it either because their roster isn't at a point yet where they have the skill and 5 champions on their roster to tackle any set of nodes. Besides for the greater solo crystal shards (which are sort of embarrassing), my issue with the rewards are not that they're outdated. Rather, they're stuck in no-mans-land between players who can't obtain them and players who don't really need them anymore.

But who knows, maybe I'm out of touch with the current midgame player.
    If I have a gripe about the content, it is that the structure of the content makes counterplay impossible. We can't see what the map looks like and bring a team that counters the randomly selected nodes, or strategically counters some and attempts to reroll specific ones. That's of course a side effect of the map mechanics, and maybe not 100% intentional, but it is also not a reward-specific gripe.

You could argue that the specific way this type of content presents difficulty challenges rosters in a very special way, and that therefore the relative value of the rewards to difficulty is lower than for the typical Epic event, but I think that's more a problem with the difficulty than the rewards. People aren't being asked to bring a team that can do the content, they are being asked to bring a team that can do all possible versions of the content. If there was a way for players to narrow the requirements of the team they brought to target what was there rather than what could possibly be there, I think the rewards would be less debatably in line with difficulty.

But honestly, the game in its current form is unable to handle this kind of situation. The problem is champion acquisition is random, and the only mechanism to deal with randomness (outside of the rare Nexus crystal) is to flood the player with them. Kabam doesn't want to eliminate the former, and they can't do the latter, and that puts the rewards in a similar kind of no-man's land.

Addressing this specific problem is the problem that currently occupies the most mind share for me right now. I think 5* resources would be much better appreciated rewards if 5* pulls had a higher probability of targeting what players need to progress, either approaching UC, at UC, or even at Cavalier. I'm Cavalier, and there's still a lot of 5* champs that would help me and I would rank up in a second. It is just that a one in 150 chance of getting a particular one dilutes the value of 5* crystals. In fact, I would say more targeted 5* champs would be significantly more valuable to most players' progress than normal 6* crystals would be. I actually think when Kabam says that 5* champs are appropriate rewards, they are correct. The problem is we don't get 5* champs, we get 5* crystals and shards. And that's a critical distinction.

How to do this in a way that still fits in the way rewards are managed in MCOC is the tricky part. Believe me, I have half a legal pad of scribbles.
  • Elsa21Elsa21 Posts: 13
    Dart1981 said:

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address your feedback on the rewards for this event. We recognize that this store does not feature the rewards that our end-game players are looking for. Rewards reflect the difficulty, and the progression level we aim for, which in this case has not been our end game players. '

Originally, our intention was to have Book 2 Act 1 starting this month, or soon after, which would have given our most experienced Summoners something to dig in to, but as you know, we've pushed that back.

We will also have more content aimed at our endgame players next month. We'll have more information on that for you before the end of the week, so please keep an eye out on the forums for more on how we'll be starting on our playable road to the Cavalier Difficulty level. (No, that doesn't mean Cavalier difficulty is coming next month...)

For this event, we're going to add a few more things to the store that our players have requested (though, not everything requested... We've got to save some stuff for the higher difficulty level!). Special shout out once again to our CCP and the members of the community that shared their thoughts with us on this subject constructively and eloquently.

For Cavalier Players, we will be adding the following options to the Store:
    - 5-Star Generic Signature Stones (Limit 20, 16 Coins)
    - 1000 5-Star Shards (Limit 15, 20 Coins)

Additionally, we're increasing the Maximum T5B Catalyst Fragments from 3 to 5.

This will be live in-game tomorrow. We don't have a definite time yet, and the prices are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you all know as soon as possible.

The updated rewards given are utterly ridiculous. The level of difficulty is definitely cavalier level on epic and what, Kabam management think that adding to the store some of the items required for this level of difficulty is enough?? Without an increase to the number of coins, this is meaningless because you are just replacing other rewards you could have purchased. They have wrapped up a gift, but under th

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address your feedback on the rewards for this event. We recognize that this store does not feature the rewards that our end-game players are looking for. Rewards reflect the difficulty, and the progression level we aim for, which in this case has not been our end game players. '

Originally, our intention was to have Book 2 Act 1 starting this month, or soon after, which would have given our most experienced Summoners something to dig in to, but as you know, we've pushed that back.

We will also have more content aimed at our endgame players next month. We'll have more information on that for you before the end of the week, so please keep an eye out on the forums for more on how we'll be starting on our playable road to the Cavalier Difficulty level. (No, that doesn't mean Cavalier difficulty is coming next month...)

For this event, we're going to add a few more things to the store that our players have requested (though, not everything requested... We've got to save some stuff for the higher difficulty level!). Special shout out once again to our CCP and the members of the community that shared their thoughts with us on this subject constructively and eloquently.

For Cavalier Players, we will be adding the following options to the Store:
    - 5-Star Generic Signature Stones (Limit 20, 16 Coins)
    - 1000 5-Star Shards (Limit 15, 20 Coins)

Additionally, we're increasing the Maximum T5B Catalyst Fragments from 3 to 5.

This will be live in-game tomorrow. We don't have a definite time yet, and the prices are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you all know as soon as possible.

Thanks Mike for your effort but what about uncolleted players no 5* shards for us.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Good job Kabam. Side quest with no energy and ridiculously easy for decent daily rewards.

One hav to disagree it not esay it not hard either. Some with skil can get thuget it Somone like me with 23 rank5 not gone hav a isuse because I’m Beyond uc lvl. Wil said the rewards isn’t decent either. Alest gav us 750 5 stars. Mabye 100 6 shard pair day wil not break the economy of the game my 6 star is not not great is it bad no I’m just Hav 2 tier5c of tech with no isuse kabam Rng is the one to blamed for that do that’s meant I’m not at 6 star rank3 probably yes because I’m
    Not Hav the rng with mean Hav I’m done abyss yes 100 procent no Hav 4 part left my goal to do yes when I’m Hav got at 6 stars tech worth rank3 the only half decent I’m hav is
    Mysterio Not enjoy him
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    @Kabam Miike you guys have surely increased the rewards, but what about the cap on coins that we can get? we can't even buy all of the Uncollected and Cavalier Items with the amount of gold coins that will be available.
  • ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 113
    Dart1981 said:

The updated rewards given are utterly ridiculous. The level of difficulty is definitely cavalier level on epic and what, Kabam management think that adding to the store some of the items required for this level of difficulty is enough?? Without an increase to the number of coins, this is meaningless because you are just replacing other rewards you could have purchased. They have wrapped up a gift, but under the wrapping is a turd. We have gained nothing because a lot of people are probably going to clear their resources trying to get through this terrible terrible side quest. They needed to double the completion rewards, add the items to the store and add the number of gold coins that the added rewards cost on top of the 3024 currently available so that these rewards were in addition to the current ones not instead of. An absolute joke of a response @Kabam Miike (PS i do understand this is not your decision and that you are just the messenger)

These were my thoughts as well when I read that post last night. I had already used every gold coin I accumulated up to that point on 5* sig stone crystals (I already have 18/20). If I had the choice between one and the other knowing I could only use 3024 coins I wouldn’t have wasted my coins on the crystals and went straight for the generics.

Now I have to decide if I want to get the generics and loss out on other stuff I intended on getting (e.g., revives, t5b shards).
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★

Dart1981 said:

The updated rewards given are utterly ridiculous. The level of difficulty is definitely cavalier level on epic and what, Kabam management think that adding to the store some of the items required for this level of difficulty is enough?? Without an increase to the number of coins, this is meaningless because you are just replacing other rewards you could have purchased. They have wrapped up a gift, but under the wrapping is a turd. We have gained nothing because a lot of people are probably going to clear their resources trying to get through this terrible terrible side quest. They needed to double the completion rewards, add the items to the store and add the number of gold coins that the added rewards cost on top of the 3024 currently available so that these rewards were in addition to the current ones not instead of. An absolute joke of a response @Kabam Miike (PS i do understand this is not your decision and that you are just the messenger)

These were my thoughts as well when I read that post last night. I had already used every gold coin I accumulated up to that point on 5* sig stone crystals (I already have 18/20). If I had the choice between one and the other knowing I could only use 3024 coins I wouldn’t have wasted my coins on the crystals and went straight for the generics.

Now I have to decide if I want to get the generics and loss out on other stuff I intended on getting (e.g., revives, t5b shards).
    You knew that there was a possibility that the rewards would be buffed or changed so why did you buy rewards on the FIRST day? Don't blame Kabam for that, that's on you. You could've waited until the end of the even to spend your coins.
  • Dannystyl30Dannystyl30 Posts: 18
    Very disappointing :(
    You said that will be positive changes and the game will follow the right way.
    Why you don't want to listen us? The game will become very boring and we will replace it with oder games or activities. This month I don't even want to do the M.O.D.O.K missions for those rewards.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    so the rewards are considered better now? :/
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Wish the Gold Coins in the rewards were also increased. Even with additional store items, the currency is still limited and would still prevent us summoners from obtaining many of the items we need.

• HolasoyferHolasoyfer Posts: 2
    6 resurrectors? it's a joke?
  • HolasoyferHolasoyfer Posts: 2
    This monthly mission is no longer a challenge, it is only investing our time for little reward
  • ShalzzShalzz Posts: 20
    60 x 30 = 1800 ( lab quest)
    27 x 20 = 540 ( solo objectives)

It doesn’t add up to 3024 coins . Am I missing some quest or something else ????
    Someone please explain to me !!!!

• Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Hieitaku said:

Wish the Gold Coins in the rewards were also increased. Even with additional store items, the currency is still limited and would still prevent us summoners from obtaining many of the items we need.

We'll probably have to spend £50 cash to get any additional coins, reiterating the fact that this game is pay to progress and reiterating the fact that Kabam do not care about players that are not pumping wads of money into their game
  • ORGANDUDEORGANDUDE Posts: 13
    This store is a joke. 4* shards? 20 random class sigs? You make a big deal out of obtaining Cavalier then don’t reward us for getting there and keeping up on new/difficult content. You guys are jokers. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    so was doing some math and would be glad to get some clarity from kabam or anyone here ...as per the announcement we have a total of 3024 coins this month ....this event will run from 3rd june to 30 june and the event changes on 1 july ...so effectively we have 28 days to receive rewards...epic gives 60 coins per day (i.e. 60 *28 = 1680) ....daily solo event gives 36 coins per day (i.e. 36 * 28 = 1008) .... there will be 13 contracts in a month from yesterdays contract we received 20 coins (i.e. 20 * 13 = 260)

1680 + 1008 + 260 = 2948

that leaves with a deficit of 76 coins out of 3024....

the only explanation i can think of is the contracts will have varying amount of coins ... is kabam counting 1 july as well but that again does not add up as adding one more day will add 60 + 36 = 96 ...which is more than the limit of 3024

can someone from kabam explain on this or provide more clarity....
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Shalzz said:

60 x 30 = 1800 ( lab quest)
    27 x 20 = 540 ( solo objectives)

It doesn’t add up to 3024 coins . Am I missing some quest or something else ????
    Someone please explain to me !!!!

you beat me to it by one second
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    If we’re being honest, attaching some gold coins with the daily specials is a just good business. There are plenty of gold coins available for free. From a business standpoint offering extra ones for a small amount of cash is enticing to a lot of people.