**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where is the gold from AQ?

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    We ran 544. I got a bit over 12k gold and 5k battlechips
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

Hey all,

This was an intentional change, but one that we let slip from our communications. It was in our Comms, but somewhere in the editing process, it went missing. I am very sorry for that. Originally, the resource return in paid maps was to offset the cost of running the Map. With the significant reduction of cost to run Maps 6 and 7, we reduced the Gold returned.

For Map 5, the Gold received is reduced from 6500 to 1500
    For Map 6, the Gold received is reduced from 7000 to 0.

With the reduction in the Gold that is needed, it should already mostly balance itself out if you use an even split of resources.

I get that the cost for map6 has been reduced but would allowing the player base who run map6 to keep the 35k gold per week have been game breaking when there is a general gold shortage?

In the overall scheme of things we are not talking about a crazy amount and you are correct that even if you factor in the 35k we loose from rewards then the cost is still cheaper.

However if this wasn’t communicated for this week then surely it would be fair to reinstate the gold rewards for the remainder of this weeks AQ as a goodwill gesture for failing to inform us prior to the change going live?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Hey all,

This was an intentional change, but one that we let slip from our communications. It was in our Comms, but somewhere in the editing process, it went missing. I am very sorry for that. Originally, the resource return in paid maps was to offset the cost of running the Map. With the significant reduction of cost to run Maps 6 and 7, we reduced the Gold returned.

With the reduction in the Gold that is needed, it should already mostly balance itself out if you use an even split of resources.

I get that the cost for map6 has been reduced but would allowing the player base who run map6 to keep the 35k gold per week have been game breaking when there is a general gold shortage?

In the overall scheme of things we are not talking about a crazy amount and you are correct that even if you factor in the 35k we loose from rewards then the cost is still cheaper.

However if this wasn’t communicated for this week then surely it would be fair to reinstate the gold rewards for the remainder of this weeks AQ as a goodwill gesture for failing to inform us prior to the change going live?
    That’s also why we hav a so hard truste to them because ther doing those thing like that
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Why did free maps in the past give gold back?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

This thread has been re-opened. We still don't have more to add, but let's keep the conversation in one place.

Can you describe the significant reduction in Map 6 costs? Can't see any to my knowledge.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Im just trying to understand why the net gold cost seems to have gone up for map 6 for gold.

Before donations were 256k gold. We lost the 105k gold rewards and the figures going around are basically in the 170k gold range for balanced donations of 25 tickets from each resource. So the net loss is around 20k gold a week. This seems small but is 100k a basically a month and 1.2 mil a year. Not also to account for scaling costs.

Just don’t understand why the cost has to go up with one of the most stretched resources in game. Take more loyalty if you must but gold is already such a commodity and stretch to cover so many different areas.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Why on earth isnt this game like your other one when it comes to alliance quests? The other one is completely free. So why not here. Makes zero sense.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Hey all,

This actually makes me sick in the stomach. I wasn't fully convinced about your disconnect from the community but now I am. I'm seriously considering taking a break from this time consuming game because what this is saying is that you want us to waste our time even more on arena to pay for AQ. You've probably converted many Map 6 alliances to Map 5 cause it's free now.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Why not take away some map crystals and catalyst fragments while you’re at it? Don’t think you’ve done enough damage to your game yet