**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AQ Map 6 Gold Cost is Actually Increasing...

Hello,

Recently I posted about what I thought were "missing" gold rewards for completing map 6 this weekin the bugs forum. In a different thread (that has since been closed) we were notified that gold was intentionally removed from the AQ daily completion rewards and was being offset but an overall reduction in gold costs in the new ticket system. Here is a link to the closed forum post:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/201357/where-is-the-gold-from-aq

However, when I do the math it now appears that the cost of running map 6 is actually INCREASING, particularly the more days you run map 6 given the scaling increase in gold per additional ticket bought this way. Here is the math so far as I can see it:

Old cost of running map 6x5 in all 3 battle groups per player:

Total Gold Cost: 8,750,000
Per Player Gold Cost per run: 291,667 (however the actual cost in terms of weekly donations was actually 12.5% less than this because the AQ cycle is 8 days long and donations ran on a 7 day schedule)
Effective Player gold cost per run: 255,208
Gold reward for completing map 6 all 5 days: 7000 per battle group x 3 battle groups x 5 days = 105,000

If I subtract the rewards from the cost I come to the figure:

Per player gold cost per run (unadjusted): 186,667
Per player gold cost (with 12.5 reduction that most alliances applied): 150208

Under the new ticket system to run 6x5 you need 75 tickets (15 tickets per run x 5 runs).

If evenly distributed between loyalty, gold and battle chips this means buying 25 tickets with gold.

At present 25 tickets cost 170,185.

So in summation without the adjustment you are saving only ~10k gold per week if you evenly distribute your resources. However given weekly adjustment that most alliances applied to donations, the cost actually INCREASES by ~20k per week.

Am I missing something? I would love some feedback from Kabam or other math savvy summoners!

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Dang we are getting big time screwed, make sure to copy and send sate that into a google document in case kabam deletes this so this isn’t lost
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Nope I thought the same by doing basic math like you did. This is actually going to cost more.

For me even more I used to trade my gold for loyalty and with our huge stash it only cost me 250k gold and no loyalty. That was me covering someone’s gold fully and they covering my loyalty fully. Now no one can cover my loyalty and I’ll be spending 350k in gold weekly (not using the other forms to get tickets) and on top of that no return on gold? When map gets return on gold when they don’t even need to buy tickets man that’s cray
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    True face palm moment, now is probably when they will make cavalier gold crystals available for unit purchases, Probably with 5x the golf payout for 7x The unit cost
  • shashankchromeshashankchrome Posts: 84
    Also, going by Kabam's rationale that they mentioned that the reason for removing the gold rewards was that costs were lessened. Then why was the gold reward removed from Map 6, but not from Map 5, which is actually free and has zero cost attached to it?

In fact, the gold reward for Map 5 was also reduced from 6k to 1.5 k, IIRC.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    The previous costs of doing all map 6 per person, which included their discount was
    255208 gold
    25521 chips
    18229 loyalty

If you use those resources evenly to get 75 tickets, the cost is (see pic)

There are increases, but not with gold
  • Sportsfan365Sportsfan365 Posts: 383

The previous costs of doing all map 6 per person, which included their discount was
    255208 gold
    25521 chips
    18229 loyalty

If you use those resources evenly to get 75 tickets, the cost is (see pic)

There are increases, but not with gold

Definitely correct. OP is wrong

• Sportsfan365Sportsfan365 Posts: 383

You're not taking into account the Gold that we got back from Map 6. Keep that in play and donations are the same or higher as said above.

We got back 7,000 G from map 6. 7,000 x 5 is 35,000. Subtract that from the old amount needed of 255,208 you get 220,208. Still less than the new amount needed of 188,449
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★

You're not taking into account the Gold that we got back from Map 6. Keep that in play and donations are the same or higher as said above.

We got back 7,000 G from map 6. 7,000 x 5 is 35,000. Subtract that from the old amount needed of 255,208 you get 220,208. Still less than the new amount needed of 188,449
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it 7k per BG? If not, then should be fine. Even so, doubt giving us 35k gold in such a case is hard for them.
    Gmonkey said:

It is cheaper and you are better off gold wise. If you run. Map 66666. Note you are not getting 105,000 gold like before. Here is the old cost

If you spent about the same on battlechips and loyalty. Gold is less
    This is 75 tickets.

Roughly 37000 gold cheaper to run now, so one level on a 6 star.

Makes sense if you split it that way. Good calculation.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Either way they said it suppose to be cheaper...but in reality it isn’t
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    @AzKicker316 you are forgetting to account for the fact that they removed the 105k gold each week you get in rewards for running 6x5. That's what all of my math above was trying to illustrate
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

It’s especially not cheaper for the next two months if you were in a mixed map group. Map 5 players subsidized map 6 runs for stronger BGs. Now they pay nothing and map6 players bear the entire burden of the entry fee AND have to play more AND use more resources to clear...all to share the same rewards for two months.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

It’s especially not cheaper for the next two months if you were in a mixed map group. Map 5 players subsidized map 6 runs for stronger BGs. Now they pay nothing and map6 players bear the entire burden of the entry fee AND have to play more AND use more resources to clear...all to share the same rewards for two months.

That's an issue for an alliance to bring up with their donation policies.
    Just realized that previously, if you were trading Gold for BC in a Map 6 alliance, you could donate 50k Bc for 90 units, basically getting Gold and BC donated. Now, if you want 25 tickets of BC paid by units, it's 75 units.
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    Just ran a little bit more math:

If you need to buy only 3 more tickets with gold due to a lack of either loyalty or battle chips your gold cost does increase :/.

28 tickets costs 191,794

Even using the 8 day figure the cost of each map 6 run was 186,667
  • CRE4TORCRE4TOR Posts: 39
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

It shouldn’t have to be... the point of splitting the maps in the first place was to allow Alliances to maintain a more diverse player base.... stronger ally’s can bring in smaller accounts and let them grow with the help of stronger accounts. Helps build the structure and camaraderie. Something the game CONSISTENTLY BREAKS WITH EACH UPDATE. Now this not only hurts the players that run the higher map, it will make them move to ally’s with a more even player base.... completely negating the reason for mixed maps. Might as well revert back to the entire ally running the same map. remove the function completely. It’s an unfair adaption and penalty to players wanting to actually help an ally.
  • WithWings420WithWings420 Posts: 1
    Kabam needs to change this and change it fast!!!!! They need to reply to this and reverse this ASAP!!!
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam literally said it can’t be fixed until they fix it sometime in August. There are no gifting badges, and there are no options to have players pay any entry fees other than their own. If you have a solution for the next 60 days, please explain what I’m missing in more than one sentence.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Cendar333 said:

Hello,

Recently I posted about what I thought were "missing" gold rewards for completing map 6 this weekin the bugs forum. In a different thread (that has since been closed) we were notified that gold was intentionally removed from the AQ daily completion rewards and was being offset but an overall reduction in gold costs in the new ticket system. Here is a link to the closed forum post:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/201357/where-is-the-gold-from-aq

However, when I do the math it now appears that the cost of running map 6 is actually INCREASING, particularly the more days you run map 6 given the scaling increase in gold per additional ticket bought this way. Here is the math so far as I can see it:

Old cost of running map 6x5 in all 3 battle groups per player:

Total Gold Cost: 8,750,000
    Per Player Gold Cost per run: 291,667 (however the actual cost in terms of weekly donations was actually 12.5% less than this because the AQ cycle is 8 days long and donations ran on a 7 day schedule)
    Effective Player gold cost per run: 255,208
    Gold reward for completing map 6 all 5 days: 7000 per battle group x 3 battle groups x 5 days = 105,000

If I subtract the rewards from the cost I come to the figure:

Per player gold cost per run (unadjusted): 186,667
    Per player gold cost (with 12.5 reduction that most alliances applied): 150208

Under the new ticket system to run 6x5 you need 75 tickets (15 tickets per run x 5 runs).

If evenly distributed between loyalty, gold and battle chips this means buying 25 tickets with gold.

At present 25 tickets cost 170,185.

So in summation without the adjustment you are saving only ~10k gold per week if you evenly distribute your resources. However given weekly adjustment that most alliances applied to donations, the cost actually INCREASES by ~20k per week.

Am I missing something? I would love some feedback from Kabam or other math savvy summoners!

I have realized something along those lines- but personally the change is so little, I though why bother bothering kabam. Let them focus on fixing the parts of the game that are so terrible people want to quit.
    @Kabam Miike one aim of the Alliance tickets was to reduce donations. As per the thread itself. Do you see that if you split it evenly, 25 tickets per resource, Map 6 pays more in 2 categories, and barely gets a discount in the third? Map 7 folks get reduced donations, Map 6 suffers? How does this system benefit us? Pandering to Map 7 or the top alliances while shafting the others doesn't help.
  • CRE4TORCRE4TOR Posts: 39
    And NO ONEs brought up the point of compounding costs for using the same donation....

What is even the point of it....

I can SLIGHTLY understand it when it comes to choosing rewards in event prize stores...

But in something that we’re forced to pay every week, day in and day out. Seems like a pointless drain of resources for a mandatory game mode.

and by manditory... you know what I mean... so don’t reply with an idiotic reply.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike one aim of the Alliance tickets was to reduce donations. As per the thread itself. Do you see that if you split it evenly, 25 tickets per resource, Map 6 pays more in 2 categories, and barely gets a discount in the third? Map 7 folks get reduced donations, Map 6 suffers? How does this system benefit us? Pandering to Map 7 or the top alliances while shafting the others doesn't help.

Map 6 according to @AzKicker316 is less than I ever paid for donations. When we were doing map 6x5x3 our dono's were 235k for gold.

The good thing about this is, you can use whatever resources you want to offset the others.