**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Here is my issue. Epic is for all intents and purposes for anyone Uncollected and up. In reality, for anyone capable of it, but the majority have been people capable of Uncollected. Most of the time the difficulty of it is within consistent range. Especially for something that needs to be done once a day. People do it month after month because they need said Rewards to develop their Accounts. Not just because they want to. Not just because they "can always pass or do lower", or "get better". They know they're fully capable of Epic because they've done it month after month.
    Then a month comes that the amount of difficulty is jacked up because "What about the End-Game Players?". They say they're bored and want it harder and harder. Only they scarcely need the extra 5* and 1k 6* Shards. So what you end up doing is making a Difficulty noticeably harder for a very large number of people compared to the number that are bored and not challenged by it at all, all so they aren't satisfied with the Rewards. Meanwhile, the rest of the people not in that small number are left with discouragement and frustration for an entire month, and having to settle for Rewards that barely suit them. Then they're told they're just not skilled enough. Git gud.
    I've made this point repeatedly, and I will make it everytime it comes up. Taking Epic and jacking it up just to make End-Game people happy is a huge flaw. Add something else for Cavalier only if that's the case. Even if the EQ isn't out yet. There are far more people being left with a sour taste in their mouth all month long than those who are whizzes. It's disappointing to be able to complete one aspect consistently and depend on those Resources, only to be told now and then "Not this month. Maybe next.".

Aren't you always the one telling people that if they don't have the roster they should be patient? As a Cavalier player this difficulty seems just fine for me. 26 r5 champs, I might lose one or two champions tops per run.

I would like you to keep this feeling in mind the next time you respond about act 6.
    Not at all my words. Not even in context. Enough about Act 6.
  • ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 113
    edited June 2020

You knew that there was a possibility that the rewards would be buffed or changed so why did you buy rewards on the FIRST day? Don't blame Kabam for that, that's on you. You could've waited until the end of the even to spend your coins.

You’re assuming that I “knew” that there was a possibility that the rewards would be buffed. That is a false narrative.

1. I did not know there was a possibility. At best, I could only assume something like that - which I did not. Reread my post - I stated “if I had a choice” which implies I didn’t really consider it as a possibility.

2. Yes it was my decision to get what I chose to get, and when I chose to get it. I’m sure I’m not the only person who did that.

3. I’m not blaming Kabam for anything. That’s your assumption. I explained my dislike of what occurred. Simple as that.

Please read posts thoroughly before making assumptions and responding.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★

You knew that there was a possibility that the rewards would be buffed or changed so why did you buy rewards on the FIRST day? Don't blame Kabam for that, that's on you. You could've waited until the end of the even to spend your coins.

You’re assuming that I “knew” that there was a possibility that the rewards would be buffed. That is a false narrative.

1. I did not know there was a possibility. At best, I could only assume something like that - which I did not. Reread my post - I stated “if I had a choice” which implies I didn’t really consider it as a possibility.

2. Yes it was my decision to get what I chose to get, and when I chose to get it. I’m sure I’m not the only person who did that.

3. I’m not blaming Kabam for anything. That’s your assumption. I explained my dislike of what occurred. Simple as that.

Please read posts thoroughly before making assumptions and responding.
    1. If you've been reading the post since the beginning and especially Kabam Miike's first response that he would take our concerns to the team and there would possibly be a response (as in buffed rewards) you would know that there was a possibility that something would actually get done. I guess it's my ignorance if I just assumed that you've read any of the posts, especially from any of the Kabam admins.

2. Again if there was a possibility of buffs to the rewards then most people would wait for a response from any of the admins as to what and when those buffs would be.

3. The post you were responding to sure looked like they were blaming Kabam for not adding items that equaled the difficulty of the event and in turn you agreed with that post.

My bad for making assumptions. Good day to you.
  • ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 113

1. If you've been reading the post since the beginning and especially Kabam Miike's first response that he would take our concerns to the team and there would possibly be a response (as in buffed rewards) you would know that there was a possibility that something would actually get done. I guess it's my ignorance if I just assumed that you've read any of the posts, especially from any of the Kabam admins.

2. Again if there was a possibility of buffs to the rewards then most people would wait for a response from any of the admins as to what and when those buffs would be.

3. The post you were responding to sure looked like they were blaming Kabam for not adding items that equaled the difficulty of the event and in turn you agreed with that post.

My bad for making assumptions. Good day to you.

No, I didn’t read any of the posts until last night after one of my alliance mates posted on Line the changes Miike posted in the News section.

By that time, I had already used the coins I had.

I agreed with the context of that post regarding the fact that I did not like what had occurred. That’s why I didn’t simply say something like “this.” or “agreed.” But rather chose to express my own thoughts.

Thank you for responding and you too have a good day.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Of all the events of this lab type that have given us the ability to use a randomizer, this is by far the easiest. The cosmic path can be soloed by any 5* r5 mystic. I’ve personally had an r5 magik since the first lab experience and she’s having a much easier time with this event. My skills haven’t gotten any better. This content has gotten easier.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Of all the events of this lab type that have given us the ability to use a randomizer, this is by far the easiest. The cosmic path can be soloed by any 5* r5 mystic. I’ve personally had an r5 magik since the first lab experience and she’s having a much easier time with this event. My skills haven’t gotten any better. This content has gotten easier.

R5? I am soloing that path with my R4 sym supreme!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I’m surprised that the caviler players don’t get 6* shards and the uncollected players don’t get 5* shards to purchase.

That would make sense. Likely the reason why we aren't getting six star shards is to create a shortage so people will be more likely to buy the July 4th deals
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    When is the buffed rewards going live
  • mdm_mimdm_mi Posts: 45
    I don’t understand the limits to the sig stones. The AG and sig stones are the only thing that you cannot purchase with units or glory. Unless my math is incorrect, you could do Master everyday, do the contracts, and MODOK daily tasks, and still max out in 5* sig stones and the 5* AG. There is no incentive to do Epic.

However, the store is better than the Nick Fury event, because I remember that you basically had to do all the hard event and spend almost everything on the 5* AG.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    I’ve done two. No where is it fun or engaging. Rewards horrible and not worth time as usual. I’ll be passing on this event for rest of month.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Here is my issue. Epic is for all intents and purposes for anyone Uncollected and up. In reality, for anyone capable of it, but the majority have been people capable of Uncollected. Most of the time the difficulty of it is within consistent range. Especially for something that needs to be done once a day. People do it month after month because they need said Rewards to develop their Accounts. Not just because they want to. Not just because they "can always pass or do lower", or "get better". They know they're fully capable of Epic because they've done it month after month.
    Then a month comes that the amount of difficulty is jacked up because "What about the End-Game Players?". They say they're bored and want it harder and harder. Only they scarcely need the extra 5* and 1k 6* Shards. So what you end up doing is making a Difficulty noticeably harder for a very large number of people compared to the number that are bored and not challenged by it at all, all so they aren't satisfied with the Rewards. Meanwhile, the rest of the people not in that small number are left with discouragement and frustration for an entire month, and having to settle for Rewards that barely suit them. Then they're told they're just not skilled enough. Git gud.
    I've made this point repeatedly, and I will make it everytime it comes up. Taking Epic and jacking it up just to make End-Game people happy is a huge flaw. Add something else for Cavalier only if that's the case. Even if the EQ isn't out yet. There are far more people being left with a sour taste in their mouth all month long than those who are whizzes. It's disappointing to be able to complete one aspect consistently and depend on those Resources, only to be told now and then "Not this month. Maybe next.".

Aren't you always the one telling people that if they don't have the roster they should be patient? As a Cavalier player this difficulty seems just fine for me. 26 r5 champs, I might lose one or two champions tops per run.

I would like you to keep this feeling in mind the next time you respond about act 6.
    I was just about to type the same thing when you chimed in. I only have 6 R5 champs and the quests were easy for me. I did not die the first two times, and died to tigra once because I did not know her special animations. But, got her down with CAIW
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    I have the roster to do Epic but there appears to be a lack of understanding when setting the difficulty/rewards?
  • robination3788robination3788 Posts: 19
    The randomizers on the final boss node only cycle between 3 main nodes (Masochism, Oscillate, Fury). That's a bit frustrating, and it feels like game play hasn't really changed. We need a specific set of champions to deal with Oscillate, Masochism and Fury. Slightly frustrating.

Also, the last encounter on the selected path seems a bit over-tuned, even for a somewhat okay mid-level player. I ran into Viz-Aarkus on the last path, only to burn through MORE revives. Admittedly, I botched the first two rounds of fights, but, when Viz-Aarkus manages to shake off 5 parries in a row, that does not inspire confidence that "fight cadences" are the same across the board.

In the end, it's like we've got two boss encounters on the level of Act 5.6 / Act 6.1 for somewhat mediocre daily rewards.

I'm just musing, and I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same. I could be missing the point as well.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    Difficulty of the content does not match the rewards. And Kabam adding a few more T5B does not make up for it. Epic is way harder than event quest, but rewards mediocre in comparison.
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77
    are we ever gonna hear about the buffs not being random???
  • CrainOnTheBrainCrainOnTheBrain Posts: 82
    I really like this event compared to last month’s. Lots of good improvements to the modok labs. I know they recently added 5* shards to the store for Cav players. I’m uncollected, and I would be extremely happy if we could pay for 5* shards at a higher token price or for less shards or a lower cap for buying compared to the cav players. Uncollected players are at the level where 5*s are expected for us to be using to clear content. I would also argue that cav players are expected to have 6*s and should be able to buy a few 6* shards with tokens. Nothing insane, but like, a total of 1000 available for a high price. The grandmaster and cavalier crystals reflect the expectations of players rosters compared to their content difficulty level, so I feel like this is a fair ask.

Other than that, this is a really good event quest and I appreciate the improvements made to the modok labs. I like this month! Thanks for constantly showing how Kabam is listening and improving on feedback for the game.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Is there gonna be anything else this month? What about platinum pool?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Difficulty of the content does not match the rewards.

Difficulty is both relative and subjective. If the content was exactly as difficult as you thought it should be for the rewards given, anyone who perceived the difficulty to be higher, such as a weaker strength player, would see the difficulty being much higher but the rewards would not generally be seen as proportionately more valuable. Everyone stronger than you would see the difficulty as lower than expected for the rewards. In both cases they would say that the difficulty did not match the rewards.

So how do you make the difficulty match the rewards, when everyone is judging difficulty subjectively? What's the objective standard for matching difficulty and rewards?
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I’ll have issue finishing this each cycle