**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Grand master crystal

Freefighter1Freefighter1 Posts: 25
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
After opening arround 100 grand master crystal i did not receive any 5* !
Anyone in the same situation?
Game team should provide an explanation as they clearly said that even if small their must be a chance to obtain 5* (as per their annoucements and the description of crystals).
We are spending money and would expect at least a 5* instead of obtaining series of 3* heroes. Maybe kabam game team should have called it the 3* crystal?
Let me know if you share a similar experience.

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    It's the same chance as a 4* from PHC

I open dozens a WEEK and am lucky o get one every few months
  • Son
    After opening arround 100 grand master crystal i did not receive any 5* !
    Anyone in the same situation?
    Game team should provide an explanation as they clearly said that even if small their must be a chance to obtain 5* (as per their annoucements and the description of crystals).
    We are spending money and would expect at least a 5* instead of obtaining series of 3* heroes. Maybe kabam game team should have called it the 3* crystal?
    Let me know if you share a similar experience.

You spelled RNG wrong. This was a funny post.

Sorry for typo mistake was typing in hurry !
  • Freefighter1Freefighter1 Posts: 25
    edited September 2017

Mr_Otter wrote: »

So kabam should change the description to chance for 4* and very rare chance for 5*. Their annoucement says chance for 4* and 5*....not fair! Dont you agree?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

So kabam should change the description to chance for 4* and very rare chance for 5*. Their annoucement says chance for 4* and 5*....not fair! Dont you agree?

It literally says "rare chance for 4 or 5 star"

• It literally says "rare chance for 4 or 5 star"[/quote]

But the chance is clearly not the same for 4* and 5*! Why put it in description as if it sounds the same. Then the correct description should be rare chance at 4* and very rare chance at 5*!
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    How many 4*s did you get from 100? Would be an interesting sample.

But the chance is clearly not the same for 4* and 5*! Why put it in description as if it sounds the same. Then the correct description should be rare chance at 4* and very rare chance at 5*! [/quote]

first of all, unless you open a lot of them your results are irrelevant and mean nothing. If you go open another 10000 or so, then we can at least start to say that you're unlucky, but if you're opening a few it doesn't matter the results.
  • Palanthrax wrote: »
    How many 4*s did you get from 100? Would be an interesting sample.
    If i remember well 8 electra, mag marv now, angela, spidey miles morales, SW, deadpool xforce, luke cage, Black bolt.

Confirming it is not at all the same rare chance as 5*! Description is defenitly wrong from KT.
    edited September 2017
    danielmath wrote: »

But the chance is clearly not the same for 4* and 5*! Why put it in description as if it sounds the same. Then the correct description should be rare chance at 4* and very rare chance at 5*!

first of all, unless you open a lot of them your results are irrelevant and mean nothing. If you go open another 10000 or so, then we can at least start to say that you're unlucky, but if you're opening a few it doesn't matter the results.[/quote]

So for you 100 is not enough?? Funny maybe you should lend me 2000usd so we try 10000. Pay as much as me and then pls do comment such comments
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    There needs to be a new term for Kabam's definition of "rare". Or maybe this "the chance of receiving a 4* is rare, the chance of a 5* is EXTREMELY rare".

I have opened quite a few and got several 4*s, tons of 3*s, and 0 5*.

first of all, unless you open a lot of them your results are irrelevant and mean nothing. If you go open another 10000 or so, then we can at least start to say that you're unlucky, but if you're opening a few it doesn't matter the results.

So for you 100 is not enough?? Funny maybe you should lend me 2000usd so we try 10000. Pay as much as me and then pls do comment such comments[/quote]

Yes, 100 is meaningless sample size. Doesn't matter the cost, unless you open a lot of them the results are irrelevant. Take a math class
  • danielmath wrote: »

So for you 100 is not enough?? Funny maybe you should lend me 2000usd so we try 10000. Pay as much as me and then pls do comment such comments

Yes, 100 is meaningless sample size. Doesn't matter the cost, unless you open a lot of them the results are irrelevant. Take a math class [/quote]

Over a 100 i received at least 8 4* and zero 5*... the description is clear it says for both 4&5 * rare chance. Now take a language class. And stop poluting my discussion.
    So you think the chances for a 4 star and 5 star are the same? Out of 100, on average you should get 1 5 star, you got 0. Not much of a difference......
    edited September 2017
    So you think the chances for a 4 star and 5 star are the same? Out of 100, on average you should get 1 5 star, you got 0. Not much of a difference......

The actual description puts it in the same basket; let them just change the description for it to be correct and avoid any confusion or extra hope. Thats all im saying if you bet you get clear odds example 3/1 here in this app you dont have this minimum required odd explanation and we relay on a sentence/description that in this case induces that 4 and 5 are the same odds. If you follow the text you might indeed think the odds are the same as it is in the same sentence. Again stop insinuating i am stupid while their description is not correct and induces us in wrong thinking. Thank you for your understanding!
  • I've opened 11 and got 1 5*, 1 4*, and the rest 3*s. Just RNG, bud. Lol.

The actual description puts it in the same basket; let them just change the description for it to be correct and avoid any confusion or extra hope. Thats all im saying if you bet you get clear odds example 3/1 here in this app you dont have this minimum required odd explanation and we relay on a sentence/description that in this case induces that 4 and 5 are the same odds. If you follow the text you might indeed think the odds are the same as it is in the same sentence. Again stop insinuating i am stupid while their description is not correct and induces us in wrong thinking. Thank you for your understanding!

I just don't think anyone would actually think the odds are the same.....especially someone who knows enough about the game to be on the forums. Maybe someone who's played for a few days and doesn't understand logic? Logic alone would tell you that it's harder to get a better prize.....

I just don't think anyone would actually think the odds are the same.....especially someone who knows enough about the game to be on the forums. Maybe someone who's played for a few days and doesn't understand logic? Logic alone would tell you that it's harder to get a better prize.....

Logicaly STFu

Logicaly STFu

Were you on Joel Line's stream last night? There was a guy who did the same thing you did and was complaining about it.

Logicaly STFu

Were you on Joel Line's stream last night? There was a guy who did the same thing you did and was complaining about it.

No ill check it out. Thanks
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★

first of all, unless you open a lot of them your results are irrelevant and mean nothing. If you go open another 10000 or so, then we can at least start to say that you're unlucky, but if you're opening a few it doesn't matter the results.[/quote]

Dude the chance for a 3* and a 4* in the PHC are the same wording but have very different odds. the only difference between the PHC and the GMC are every star rank in the PHC is bumped up by 1 in the GMC
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    I've opened 20 crystals and gotten 3 5*. Spider-Man , colossus and storm. I know that's stupid lucky but they are probably like 4* in phc. Very very rare..
  • Just got a 5* IM after another 20crytals pool!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    sooo... let me get this straight. Your saying if they put the word "very" in front of "rare chance for 5*" that would have deterred you spending tons of money on these crystals?

What has our world come to...
  • Shrimkins wrote: »
    sooo... let me get this straight. Your saying if they put the word "very" in front of "rare chance for 5*" that would have deterred you spending tons of money on these crystals?

Yes :(
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

The description is the same for 4 and 5 stars got around 14 x 4*and 1 x 5* (+ shards from 4*s)..why not put a difference in descritpion ? Why make it sound like chances are as high for both?
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    you know what though, who cares about 5 stars, 6 stars are coming out . . . why even buy the grandmaster crystal. such a money grab.
    edited September 2017
    MadMarks wrote: »
    you know what though, who cares about 5 stars, 6 stars are coming out . . . why even buy the grandmaster crystal. such a money grab.
    If 5* is the next 4* and 6* the next 5* it is worth working on a strong 5* roster!