**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• WestleyLWestleyL Posts: 3
    So I have two MODOK contracts. The first is for Sabretooth and the second is for Beast. I just beat Beast and I did not get the reward.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Same here I beat both
  • UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    I have been playing for 5 years and never have posted but this month side quest with Modok is ridiculous on the level of difficulty vs the rewards given. The ramp from the lowest champ is bad enough but then the extra buffs on top. The randomized don’t work well and why would I spend 20 gold to delete 1 buff that is 1/3 of the epic award for 1 buff. This event difficulty is inconsistent with all other events at this level historically. I don’t mind spending money on the game but this is just frustrating.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    Kabam, we know you can read all of our comments in this forum. Please. We just want to be treated fairly.

I'd personally like to believe that you are working on a positive solution on the issues that have recently come up, in addition to the existing ones from the previous weeks and months. I want to have faith in your intentions. I prefer not to have this tension and loss of trust between you and the community.

As with many situations, putting yourselves in our shoes and knowing the negative effects that these issues have brought up is a good place to start finding the best solutions. Apart from opposing game designers, I do not believe that anyone wants to be in the negative situation we are in right now. There but a few things that promote a game or service any better than having a happy and satisfied customer base.

Please. Help us to help you.
  • UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    I agree with Grounded Wisdom on the rewards more or less between master and epic. I just recently became Cavalier and I don’t know if I am going to bother with the epic Modok quest at all this month. Most bosses in previous epic events have been around 24k, if you compare this event with last month and add in the buffs and ramping it is probably 3x harder, so maybe last month was too easy, I didn’t struggle with it all. But even so previous months epic events were no where near as hard and the rewards were atleast equivalent in previous months. This to me is a slap in the face to people who have been playing the game for a long time. I’m constantly asking people in my alliance to rank up their characters, contribute, etc.. but when you get whacked with something like this it is fairly demoralizing.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

For the sake of this point, let's say that Master is aimed at Uncollected Players, and Epic is aimed at Cavalier.

Epic should be aimed at Elder's Bane.
    I sound like broken record.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Ugnaut said:

I agree with Grounded Wisdom on the rewards more or less between master and epic. I just recently became Cavalier and I don’t know if I am going to bother with the epic Modok quest at all this month. Most bosses in previous epic events have been around 24k, if you compare this event with last month and add in the buffs and ramping it is probably 3x harder, so maybe last month was too easy, I didn’t struggle with it all. But even so previous months epic events were no where near as hard and the rewards were atleast equivalent in previous months. This to me is a slap in the face to people who have been playing the game for a long time. I’m constantly asking people in my alliance to rank up their characters, contribute, etc.. but when you get whacked with something like this it is fairly demoralizing.

Not just last month. Every month consistently this year, it's been reasonably doable for the majority. That's my biggest issue. When it's made harder, much harder, then it stumps peoples' growth.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Another issue is, you can't just go into a level of difficulty, and scout it out first, and decide if you have the correct champs for the job.

Kabam should allow refunds of the 'sample collector' if you don't move, and just exit out.
  • LordLuizLordLuiz Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    Acredito que a kabam deveria ter colocado 1000 fragmento de 5☆ para os não-colecionando,e deveriam colocar 1000 frag de 6☆.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    I find this version of MODOK labs much easier than the previous ones for one reason that many have already observed as a disadvantage: it seems like the randomizer does not do much of anything and you always end up with a similar set of nodes.

Why does it make things easier? I have done the lab 4 times now, and I have always done the mutant path. I did it the first time because I thought I will just follow what Seatin did. Every other time I go in the champs and nodes are all very similar, quite often the same nodes as in previous runs but maybe in different combinations. It looks like there are not a lot of variations. So it was easy for me to plan who to bring for a counter. I have no idea if this is true for the other paths, or if I am just lucky so far...
  • Nish12Nish12 Posts: 4
    After wonderful event why it has to be so tough and not rewarding event.... now this is getting boring for me
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've haven't used that many randomizers. When I have I have occasionally seen the same node I was trying to remove come back, but I have randomizers in stash and haven't purchased any. Haven't deleted any nodes. I'm enjoying the quest.
  • Buff_rewards9Buff_rewards9 Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    I have an idea for a way to spice up the game. Pick random champs on quests. E.G. You move to a tile with a fight on it. A nexus crystal like menu pops up. It cycles through and picks a random one. You then fight this champion. I feel it would really spice up the game and add another dynamic to the game. So for a specific path more champions can be used instead of 5. It could even be done for a boss.

Btw thanks for everything you have done. I know many players are not happy with the game. But everyone need to take a step back and realise how good this game is. Thank you
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    The best way to show Kabam you don't enjoy the event is to not participate.

I'll do the solo objective every day because arena is easy and buy low level crud (like T3CC which is still infuriatingly ridiculous in its drop rate after all these years) and let the rest go.
  • HypyRionHypyRion Posts: 1
    So why this event is open during 24h but you can enter only with the ticket you get from the calendar. In my case, I got the ticket at 2am and the Modok event resets at 12pm (noon). So I have 10 hours (mostly while sleeping) to complete the event. I didn't do the event last night and I am quite sure, I lost the ticket. Am I wrong?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    HypyRion said:

So why this event is open during 24h but you can enter only with the ticket you get from the calendar. In my case, I got the ticket at 2am and the Modok event resets at 12pm (noon). So I have 10 hours (mostly while sleeping) to complete the event. I didn't do the event last night and I am quite sure, I lost the ticket. Am I wrong?

You still have ticket. You can do the multiple runs so long as you have tickets.
  • S_kime_26S_kime_26 Posts: 21
    Please where are the 5 star shards for uncollected
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    I agree with everyone saying the rewards are trash before and after the so called buff, but I'll tell ya what's really frustrating is to see just how absolutely atrocious the solo event rewards are! There of such a bad design that it should just be removed and added to the completion of the daily labs in my opinion, and also why can't we do every difficulty? The original and the black panther trials one let you do them all... it's just frustrating to see, but to be honest I never expect much at this point! I truly believe Cavalier eq difficulty will save/ bring back the game at this point! Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day 😁
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

TaZ_4178 said:

I agree with everyone saying the rewards are trash before and after the so called buff, but I'll tell ya what's really frustrating is to see just how absolutely atrocious the solo event rewards are! There of such a bad design that it should just be removed and added to the completion of the daily labs in my opinion, and also why can't we do every difficulty? The original and the black panther trials one let you do them all... it's just frustrating to see, but to be honest I never expect much at this point! I truly believe Cavalier eq difficulty will save/ bring back the game at this point! Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day 😁

You would think Cavalier EQ difficulty will save the game... until everyone's attack values are 30k and every defender has particle protector, debuff immune and mighty charge
    I hear ya, but I say bring it on! If I can't 100% it at first that's ok because I can just go for completion and get those rewards each month until I can progress to the exploration, just like I did when uncollected came out initially. Not to mention it will make the month that much more interesting throughout you know... and for God's sake kabam make sure you add units to both uncollected and the Cavalier difficulty, unlike the original release of uncollected till this day lol
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

TaZ_4178 said:

You would think Cavalier EQ difficulty will save the game... until everyone's attack values are 30k and every defender has particle protector, debuff immune and mighty charge
    Honestly the game needs reoccurring content that is actually challenging. Trying to stack it all into static content like Act 6/7 is clearly not working for the bulk of the community and they should focus on delivering static story content to a broader audience. Challenging monthly content through a Cavalier EQ would give a reason for the top end of the community to login regularly. Seems like a win win to me.