**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

TaZ_4178 said:

I agree with everyone saying the rewards are trash before and after the so called buff, but I'll tell ya what's really frustrating is to see just how absolutely atrocious the solo event rewards are! There of such a bad design that it should just be removed and added to the completion of the daily labs in my opinion, and also why can't we do every difficulty? The original and the black panther trials one let you do them all... it's just frustrating to see, but to be honest I never expect much at this point! I truly believe Cavalier eq difficulty will save/ bring back the game at this point! Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day 😁

You would think Cavalier EQ difficulty will save the game... until everyone's attack values are 30k and every defender has particle protector, debuff immune and mighty charge
    Honestly the game needs reoccurring content that is actually challenging. Trying to stack it all into static content like Act 6/7 is clearly not working for the bulk of the community and they should focus on delivering static story content to a broader audience. Challenging monthly content through a Cavalier EQ would give a reason for the top end of the community to login regularly. Seems like a win win to me.
    Exactly!

TaZ_4178 said:

I agree with everyone saying the rewards are trash before and after the so called buff, but I'll tell ya what's really frustrating is to see just how absolutely atrocious the solo event rewards are! There of such a bad design that it should just be removed and added to the completion of the daily labs in my opinion, and also why can't we do every difficulty? The original and the black panther trials one let you do them all... it's just frustrating to see, but to be honest I never expect much at this point! I truly believe Cavalier eq difficulty will save/ bring back the game at this point! Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day 😁

Not to he a party pooper, but I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up too much regarding cavalier difficulty.

The biggest problem I see, which is probably also the main issue kabam is still trying to figure out a solution for, are the rewards.

Who will they cater to?

Being a cavalier starts at 6.1. completion. I myself am currently beginning my act 6 exploration with 6.1. almost at 100%. My skills, my roster and my needs are now different from when I first beat 6.1.

And there are a lot of players already done with act 6 exploration, some of which even done with abyss exploration. The skills, roster and needs of those are also different from mine at this point.

So, a cavalier difficulty catering to those around 6.1./6.2. completion could not possibly provide a challenge and rewards fully appropriate to me or those above me. However, a cavalier difficulty catering to the true endgame players in terms of challenge and rewards would alienate most cavalier players.

Here's the main things I would see in demand for those two groups, players like me who are basically inbetween could naturally fall into either demand category or inbetween:

6.1./6.2. ("fresh" cavaliers):
    - 5* shards (at least 10k)
    - 6* shards (at least 5k)
    - 5* sig stones (at least 50)
    - t5b (at least half a t5b)
    - t2a (at least 2 t2a)

True endgame summoners:
    - All of what's mentioned above in greater amounts (e.g. at least 30k 5* shards, at least 10k 6* shards)
    - 6* sig stones (at least 20)
    - t5cc (at least 25% t5cc crystals)

Now, the exact amounts per ressource are just wild numbers I felt should fall somewhere along the lines of appropriate to the given state of progression.

What I'm mainly trying to get at is the discrepancy there nessecarily would be. I feel like the best point for this are t5cc and 6* sig stones. True endgame players would probably expect a cavalier difficulty to finally provide a constant flow of t5cc fragments and 6* sig stones and at a relevant amount at that. Designing a cavalier difficulty providing such rare ressources however would naturally correspond in a true endgame difficulty, which most likely wouldn't feel appropriate to most "fresh" cavaliers.

I'd like to propose 2 possible solutions to this:

1) Introduce both a cavalier monthly eq and a thronebreaker monthly eq. Summoners with the thronebreaker title could only enter one of those difficulties per months.

A cavalier difficulty would provide challenge and rewards catering to summoners more towards the "fresh" cavalier category, while the thronebreaker difficulty would naturally proivde challenge and rewarda appropriate to the true endgame players.

2) Introduce a cavalier difficulty providing challenge and rewards catering to summoners inbetween both categories leaning more towards the "fresh" cavaliers. The rewards for this eq should contain a mixture of the suggested reward structure above, with small amounts of t5cc fragments and 6* sig stones.

Additionally, introduce something like a "hardcore-mode" mechanic. What I'm thinking about is a mode you unlock after exploring a given eq difficulty (maybe only for uc and above). This mode would up the difficulty of the given eq mode by providing big attack/health boosts to the opponents as well as additional predetermined global nodes. Depending on the given increase in difficulty this hardcore-mode should provide the same rewards as the given original difficulty, but with for example a 100% increase.

Access to the cavalier difficulty as well as uc-hardcore-mode would require the cavalier title, while access to the cavalier-hardcore-mode would require the thronebreaker title.

The goal with either suggestion would obviously be to try and satisfy as many groups of players as possible as well as entice more players to progress through the story. There would even be room to restrict access to the uc-hardcore-mode to players wielding the elder's bane title, giving more relevance to all the titles currently in the game.

Either way, I'd much rather see them do this right, in terms of overall player satisfaction, than rush a cavalier difficulty with a challenge and rewards that would still be pretty redundant to basically all the top players.

Thanks for reading.
    You def have some great points there! I like the rewards section, but honestly it's going to have to equal up to at least 1 fully formed 6* per month for those that can do both uc and cav difficulty or for me it wouldn't make sense. Other than that great points and I still say bring on the challenge!

TaZ_4178 said:

You would think Cavalier EQ difficulty will save the game... until everyone's attack values are 30k and every defender has particle protector, debuff immune and mighty charge
    There's going to be soooooo much complaining whenever it releases. There's a lot of players that think they're at that next level that will get reality checks I'd bet
    Very true, but as I always say let the complainers complain and let the players play lol some will have no chance, some will demolish it, some will struggle, but most importantly, all will eventually appreciate the content. Thx for the comment...
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

TaZ_4178 said:

There's going to be soooooo much complaining whenever it releases. There's a lot of players that think they're at that next level that will get reality checks I'd bet
    Easy way to solve that issue. If you still have to look at nodes before you enter into an uncollected fight outside of the boss than you're not ready for Cavalier.
    I don't even think we need a new difficulty. They should just bump the difficulty a degree higher because the easy quests are a joke and can be done within hours of playing after you pick up a couple 3 stars. Then we need to bump the rewards to reflect the difficulty increase but that's just my opinion.

TaZ_4178 said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Not to he a party pooper, but I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up too much regarding cavalier difficulty.

The biggest problem I see, which is probably also the main issue kabam is still trying to figure out a solution for, are the rewards.

Who will they cater to?

Being a cavalier starts at 6.1. completion. I myself am currently beginning my act 6 exploration with 6.1. almost at 100%. My skills, my roster and my needs are now different from when I first beat 6.1.

And there are a lot of players already done with act 6 exploration, some of which even done with abyss exploration. The skills, roster and needs of those are also different from mine at this point.

So, a cavalier difficulty catering to those around 6.1./6.2. completion could not possibly provide a challenge and rewards fully appropriate to me or those above me. However, a cavalier difficulty catering to the true endgame players in terms of challenge and rewards would alienate most cavalier players.

Here's the main things I would see in demand for those two groups, players like me who are basically inbetween could naturally fall into either demand category or inbetween:

- t2a (at least 2 t2a)

True endgame summoners:
    - All of what's mentioned above in greater amounts (e.g. at least 30k 5* shards, at least 10k 6* shards)

Now, the exact amounts per ressource are just wild numbers I felt should fall somewhere along the lines of appropriate to the given state of progression.

What I'm mainly trying to get at is the discrepancy there nessecarily would be. I feel like the best point for this are t5cc and 6* sig stones. True endgame players would probably expect a cavalier difficulty to finally provide a constant flow of t5cc fragments and 6* sig stones and at a relevant amount at that. Designing a cavalier difficulty providing such rare ressources however would naturally correspond in a true endgame difficulty, which most likely wouldn't feel appropriate to most "fresh" cavaliers.

1) Introduce both a cavalier monthly eq and a thronebreaker monthly eq. Summoners with the thronebreaker title could only enter one of those difficulties per months.

A cavalier difficulty would provide challenge and rewards catering to summoners more towards the "fresh" cavalier category, while the thronebreaker difficulty would naturally proivde challenge and rewarda appropriate to the true endgame players.

2) Introduce a cavalier difficulty providing challenge and rewards catering to summoners inbetween both categories leaning more towards the "fresh" cavaliers. The rewards for this eq should contain a mixture of the suggested reward structure above, with small amounts of t5cc fragments and 6* sig stones.

Additionally, introduce something like a "hardcore-mode" mechanic. What I'm thinking about is a mode you unlock after exploring a given eq difficulty (maybe only for uc and above). This mode would up the difficulty of the given eq mode by providing big attack/health boosts to the opponents as well as additional predetermined global nodes. Depending on the given increase in difficulty this hardcore-mode should provide the same rewards as the given original difficulty, but with for example a 100% increase.

Access to the cavalier difficulty as well as uc-hardcore-mode would require the cavalier title, while access to the cavalier-hardcore-mode would require the thronebreaker title.

The goal with either suggestion would obviously be to try and satisfy as many groups of players as possible as well as entice more players to progress through the story. There would even be room to restrict access to the uc-hardcore-mode to players wielding the elder's bane title, giving more relevance to all the titles currently in the game.

Either way, I'd much rather see them do this right, in terms of overall player satisfaction, than rush a cavalier difficulty with a challenge and rewards that would still be pretty redundant to basically all the top players.

Thanks for reading.
    You def have some great points there! I like the rewards section, but honestly it's going to have to equal up to at least 1 fully formed 6* per month for those that can do both uc and cav difficulty or for me it wouldn't make sense. Other than that great points and I still say bring on the challenge!
    Well, the way I see this is that a cavalier eq would also naturally come with a cavalier difficulty equivalent for the given eq side-event, which in turn should also provide players with more 6* shards amongst other things.

Sparing the details of the 2 suggested systems mentioned above, I think "fresh" cavaliers should be able to gather at least 10k 6* shards per month through exploring all relevant and accessible eq difficulties plus the equivalent cavalier difficulty side-event, while the true endgame players should probably be able able to gather at least 15-20k 6* shards.

This would be a massive step forward in terms of ressources flowing in, but I think anything besides that would completely miss the point of what players across the bank would expect from an actually cavalier eq.

And to he honest, in my eyes a cavalier eq could be sort of the saving grace for this game. But it's a hit or miss. If it alienates too many players on either side, then it will be a huge miss. And in particular if it misses to cater to the true endgame players, then those will lose all hope for at some point getting monthly content at least somewhat appropriate to them.

I think the hardcore-mode in particular is something kabam should discuss and expand upon. Adding higher sub-difficulties to content already explored would provide additional longevity and more player freedom as well as the opportunity to get more rewards overall, while still having to put in work for them.

In short the main issue in my eyes is that a singular cavalier difficulty will nessecarily miss the goal completely. The range in skill, roster, etc. between summoners completing 6.1., summoners completing 6.2., summoners completing act 6 and summoners exploring act 6 is gigantic in my own experience.

A single additional difficulty could not possibly cater to all of them in terms of their needs for a challenge and for rewards.

They need to restructure/innovate their whole difficulty system.
    Fair point as well, but think about this...we don't get side events each month normally. That's the only reason I say it has to add up to at least one 6* to make sense you know, including both uc and cav. Other than that I agree it is the saving grace... I'm more f2p then anything I spend but very rarely haven't got anything since xmas to be honest... and last month I did the uc eq 100% the first day... needed a couple shards for my 13th 6* lol. That's my point though... that shouldn't be possible and with cav difficulty no way will it be... maybe for some major whales, but I doubt it lol
    Haji_Saab said:

I don't even think we need a new difficulty. They should just bump the difficulty a degree higher because the easy quests are a joke and can be done within hours of playing after you pick up a couple 3 stars. Then we need to bump the rewards to reflect the difficulty increase but that's just my opinion.

A higher difficulty will look like Act 6.2 and onwards. You can see how many people like that difficulty from the whine marathon going on at the moment about Act 6 on all channels (youtube, forums etc).
    Whine marathon 🤣 Nice one!

TaZ_4178 said:

TaZ_4178 said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Who will they cater to?

- t2a (at least 2 t2a)

True endgame summoners:

Thanks for reading.
    Well, the way I see this is that a cavalier eq would also naturally come with a cavalier difficulty equivalent for the given eq side-event, which in turn should also provide players with more 6* shards amongst other things.

Sparing the details of the 2 suggested systems mentioned above, I think "fresh" cavaliers should be able to gather at least 10k 6* shards per month through exploring all relevant and accessible eq difficulties plus the equivalent cavalier difficulty side-event, while the true endgame players should probably be able able to gather at least 15-20k 6* shards.

This would be a massive step forward in terms of ressources flowing in, but I think anything besides that would completely miss the point of what players across the bank would expect from an actually cavalier eq.

And to he honest, in my eyes a cavalier eq could be sort of the saving grace for this game. But it's a hit or miss. If it alienates too many players on either side, then it will be a huge miss. And in particular if it misses to cater to the true endgame players, then those will lose all hope for at some point getting monthly content at least somewhat appropriate to them.

I think the hardcore-mode in particular is something kabam should discuss and expand upon. Adding higher sub-difficulties to content already explored would provide additional longevity and more player freedom as well as the opportunity to get more rewards overall, while still having to put in work for them.

In short the main issue in my eyes is that a singular cavalier difficulty will nessecarily miss the goal completely. The range in skill, roster, etc. between summoners completing 6.1., summoners completing 6.2., summoners completing act 6 and summoners exploring act 6 is gigantic in my own experience.

A single additional difficulty could not possibly cater to all of them in terms of their needs for a challenge and for rewards.

They need to restructure/innovate their whole difficulty system.
    Fair point as well, but think about this...we don't get side events each month normally. That's the only reason I say it has to add up to at least one 6* to make sense you know, including both uc and cav. Other than that I agree it is the saving grace... I'm more f2p then anything I spend but very rarely haven't got anything since xmas to be honest... and last month I did the uc eq 100% the first day... needed a couple shards for my 13th 6* lol. That's my point though... that shouldn't be possible and with cav difficulty no way will it be... maybe for some major whales, but I doubt it lol
    Ah I see what you mean, that I certainly agree with. The possible monthly rewards should at least add up to 10k 6* shards.

As to the difficulty aspect, I also completely steamroll uc eq for quite a while now, as probably most current cavaliers do.

This should in my eyes not be the case with the next iteration of difficulties. But due to the big discrepancy between what I categorized as fresh cavaliers and true endgame players, I don't see any chance for a one size fits all.

That's where an overhaul or enhancement of the difficulty system becomes nessecary. Alternatively the introduction of both a cavalier monthly eq and a thronebreaker monthly eq.

I'm more in favor of the hardcore-mode system tbh. It would provide the same flexibility in challenge and rewards, but it would also provide that for other types of players, namely those inbetween fresh uncollected players and cavaliers..

There's a lot to explore here. I'd honestly wish kabam would involve us more into their current discussion regarding all this. Ideas like this could be quite valuable to them in order to tackle the big elephant in the room that is "who even is a cavalier difficulty designed for?".
    Very well said my friend, and I'm glad you get my point. Honestly I agree with you 100% on this one and have to admit that thronebreaker difficulty sounds bad a$$ lol
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

TaZ_4178 said:

Who will they cater to?

- t2a (at least 2 t2a)

True endgame summoners:

Thanks for reading.
    With the addition of Cav difficulty it should at least give us enough 6* to form a full 6* crystal with addition of Uncollected.
    Haji_Saab said:

A higher difficulty will look like Act 6.2 and onwards. You can see how many people like that difficulty from the whine marathon going on at the moment about Act 6 on all channels (youtube, forums etc).
    I don't think so. 6.2 level would not be the standard for an average fight on any level of Cavalier. You can't just hop from 70k health tops on an average fight to 200-300k health. Lets stop exaggerating to make people afraid. Cavalier difficultly will not be easy at first but once everyone has a top five of R3 6 stars it will be reletively easy and should be easy for anybody like myself with 27 r5 5 stars.

Remember with uncollected first started Modok, Ice Phoenix, and Void were hard to face and after that is was smooth sailing once we all got the roster bump with Uncollected rewards. I imagine it wouldn't even be that big of a jump because our champs are so elite now it would be too hard to go that far and pump out monthly content.
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Is there any chance we could get a more in depth breakdown of the total coins available by each difficulty? I’ve been seeing mixed numbers based on what information has been posted on this thread, given out to content creators, or those in the community have tried to calculate. I think it’d be a useful tool for us all to map out what we would like to purchase from the store since we cannot acquire all the items.

- Cloud
  • AgentRocker2112AgentRocker2112 Posts: 28
    For a free deal costing no energy, the 500 5star shards equates to a featured five star in a month, along with some 6 star shards, plus the store, it's a pretty good event for no energy cost.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

TaZ_4178 said:

Who will they cater to?

- t2a (at least 2 t2a)

True endgame summoners:

Thanks for reading.
    Which is why I don't think it should be a cavalier difficulty next at all. I think it should be throne breaker. They took too long after the cavalier title came about and there's a huge disparity in the people that have it now.

Yeah its easy for us. Remember uncollected players could only have a couple of 5*s, and mostly use max 4*s. They cant have them in the same pool as me with 53 6*s including dupes, 11 R2s and an R3. Uncollected is for uncollected.

Knock it down a tad, give cavs something equal to 6.2 with less bs nodes, maybe push to 6.3/4 as long as the attack is reduced a fair amount. Fights like the Thanos a few months back, or the grandmaster as the boss would be fun.
    I actually agree with this. I don't have the roster you do but it is just as easy for me as well with only 1 r3 6 star and a ton of r5 5 stars to boot. I think the separation would put players at ease and give them something to strive for which is severely lacking at this point.

Cavalier difficulty should take away lackluster rewards from Kabam and the 5 star sig stone freeze. Even though my prestige is pretty much at peak for 5 stars personally. It would help me recruit more map 7 guys and help Kabams wallets as well.
  • jaymania82jaymania82 Posts: 66
    @Kabam Miike any more news on when and what the compensation will be giving for us who bought the cavalier daily for the intel? thanks for reading and looking forward for a response.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    In my perfect world the difficultly will be around the 6.3/ 6.4 mark but again the rewards will have to match the difficulty
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

arsjum said:
    Mhh... Yeah, kind of what I expected. From how it's described there, the planned cav difficulty will not cater to the true endgame summoners.

It's essentially perfect for players like me it seems, which is cool from just my perspective. But it will naturally leave out all those ahead of me.

Also, just from my own experience there's such a big gap between what initial 6.1. completion demands from players and what initial act 6 completion demands from players. Trying to combine both of those difficulties into one seems like a pretty big task. And seeing how much of the difficulty from act 6 completion isn't really about skill, but rather about roster depth, I can already see a lot of frustration coming from their apparent approach to a cav eq.

I already imagine being unable to explore a monthly cav eq, because I'm lacking one specific counter to a specific opponent-node-combination.

Thinking about it, I just hope they don't plan to implement 5*+ restrictions to the monthly cav eq. That would make my aforementioned worries a lot worse.
    Yeah I'd honestly rather see something tuned for the top end players as that at least leaves room to grow for lots of other players and the odds of it getting stale again for the top would be lower.

I understand why they wouldn't do that of course as I'm sure it would be hugely unpopular with a large group of people. Seeing as how long it took between UC and a higher difficulty to come though, I still think it's the better move for the game long term.