**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The Road to Cavalier Difficulty

Comments

• ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    So, will we get a full quest, with 3 chapters? Also, complete set of rewards (which are subject to change later)
    I know this is like a trial version, I want to know whether it resembles the actual cavalier quest....
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    It’s probably gonna be like RttL at first imo but with higher opponents
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Arifutera said:

So, will we get a full quest, with 3 chapters? Also, complete set of rewards (which are subject to change later)
    I know this is like a trial version, I want to know whether it resembles the actual cavalier quest....

If you read the announcement it says that they’ll start with adding a new difficulty to the side quest event first. To gather data, finetune things, etc, etc instead of launching an entirely new difficulty in the monthly event quest. It’s a sort of slow build-up I guess, looking forward to a new challenge.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    edited June 2020

Arifutera said:

Not yet. A side event is like the Island of Doctor MODOK, or the Red Rooms, etc. They are not the actual event quest, but the side event that goes with them.
    Thanks for the clarification!! Looking forward to it...
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    This looks great, glad to see you're giving us time for feedback, I really appreciate it.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

This looks interesting and a challenge hoping is is not impossible. Will get to test my roster. Hoping that it is not quake and ghost play like chapter 6. Even though I have both at 5/65 would like to use some other champs.

What is stopping you from using other champs?

Hope you aren't asking for class specific gates to be thrown in, that would suck so bad.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Arifutera said:

Not yet. A side event is like the Island of Doctor MODOK, or the Red Rooms, etc. They are not the actual event quest, but the side event that goes with them.
    Awesome news.

To clarify, are the Island of Modok side quests what you’re drawing your data from, or are we to expect an additional side quest further down the line that will be acting as the test dummy?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Arifutera said:

Does this also mean that the current levels of difficulty will stay as they are, or will everything get a tweak now with the introduction of the new Cavalier difficulty?
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    Sounds really great! Im looking forward to it!
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    edited June 2020
    Who is the tuning geared to? Those that are just Cavalier (beat 6.1 once)? Beat champion once? Beat grandmaster once? 100% everything?

Who are the rewards targeting? Those that just hit Cavalier? Or also appealing to those that are 100% everything?
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I would hope that they can back the UC difficulty down a bit?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Mauled said:

Arifutera said:

Awesome news.

To clarify, are the Island of Modok side quests what you’re drawing your data from, or are we to expect an additional side quest further down the line that will be acting as the test dummy?
    Technically neither. If I understand correctly, next month's side quest will have one more difficulty tier above Epic that will be the test bed for Cavalier difficulty. It isn't this month's side quest, and it won't be an additional special side quest. It will be Epic++ in next month's (and perhaps additional months) side quest.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    i applaud KAbam for this, not just taking input from the CCP but also the player base as a whole because honestly the CCP don't really speak for everyone just a small group of players.