**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Well they're putting out a road to cavalier difficulty and I think that's pretty interesting and they're going about it in a good way.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Well they're putting out a road to cavalier difficulty and I think that's pretty interesting and they're going about it in a good way.

I'm shocked at the way they're going about the new Cavalier difficulty. It actually makes total sense. If they don't drop the ball on the rewards that will be the a real step in saving the game overall.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

I'm shocked at the way they're going about the new Cavalier difficulty. It actually makes total sense. If they don't drop the ball on the rewards that will be the a real step in saving the game overall.
    Yea I agree as well, this is a good way to go about it. My only concern is, historically, the difficulty will be overtuned and the rewards will be underwhelming. At least that's how it was for all of Act 6. I hope that's not the case here b/c it can be quite promising.
    Amadeo01 said:

Yea I agree as well, this is a good way to go about it. My only concern is, historically, the difficulty will be overtuned and the rewards will be underwhelming. At least that's how it was for all of Act 6. I hope that's not the case here b/c it can be quite promising.
    I feel like they really learned from the Act 7 beta, so maybe it'll be pretty good right off the bat.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

Amadeo01 said:

I feel like they really learned from the Act 7 beta, so maybe it'll be pretty good right off the bat.
    Ehhh, stuff like reducing/removing gold from AQ map 6/7 and this month's initial modok labs give me some pause on that front, but I do hope I'm wrong!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Amadeo01 said:

Historically side event difficulty has been pretty spot on. The only two hard side events I can remember are Modoks labs, and the Maze. Nameless Thanos gets an honorable mention.

Outside of that I don't really see the difficulty. Now act 6 and LOL before they got rid of the dull node was pretty bad. Even the Abyss is tuned better than expected. If they removed the hit count it would be easy.
  • srwghostsrwghost Posts: 46
    they need a new aspect to the game, something that will keep players entertained and occupied. ik injustice from dc has a story mode where its actually animated, like a movie, except you do all the fights. may be a little late for that, but something new please...?
  • srwghostsrwghost Posts: 46
    i have faith that they are working hard to please us, and don't deserve any hate, they have put together this entire masterpiece of a game and surely are going out of their way to make something epic, even tho ik ill continue to play the game whether they do or not
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    edited June 2020

so it sounds like they really are listening....

hopefully they don't just hear us, and they actually listen and the changes are and plan is what we wanna see......

I finally completed Act 6 100%. Let’s hope I don’t shafted on the rewards when I open them Friday.

Now that I have done all of it, I can confidently say that man Act 6 sucked. So many of the paths were utter BS, but what irritated me the most was the insane attack values in 6.4. When I blocked (not parried) a hit, I’d often lose over 1K health, that’s just absurd. One suggestion that I saw in this thread earlier was to keep the attack values if you must but give all the defenders negative block penetration so we aren’t taking massive amounts of block damage.

Well I got completely shafted. Pulled my second mutant t5cc (first one was from abyss) and a cosmic awakening gem who I have literally no one to use it on unless I want to awaken The Champion or Superior Iron Man or Annihilus. My Nexus was actually one of the best ones I have seen, it was either 20 more sigs on ghost, awakening Sym Supreme, or getting a new Agent Venom, so I chose to awaken Sym. Decided to go for the featured and got Guillotine for the first time, not a bad champ but not worth 15K shards, that’s on me though, shouldn’t have gone for the featured, they are always a bad value. Mostly I’m incredibly irritated because I got nothing of real value for my account after months of time, effort, units, and money. Remind me why the awakening wasn’t generic at least? Act 5 exploration gave a generic 5 star and it was a lot easier than Act 6 exploration.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

I finally completed Act 6 100%. Let’s hope I don’t shafted on the rewards when I open them Friday.

Now that I have done all of it, I can confidently say that man Act 6 sucked. So many of the paths were utter BS, but what irritated me the most was the insane attack values in 6.4. When I blocked (not parried) a hit, I’d often lose over 1K health, that’s just absurd. One suggestion that I saw in this thread earlier was to keep the attack values if you must but give all the defenders negative block penetration so we aren’t taking massive amounts of block damage.

Well I got completely shafted. Pulled my second mutant t5cc (first one was from abyss) and a cosmic awakening gem who I have literally no one to use it on unless I want to awaken The Champion or Superior Iron Man or Annihilus. My Nexus was actually one of the best ones I have seen, it was either 20 more sigs on ghost, awakening Sym Supreme, or getting a new Agent Venom, so I chose to awaken Sym. Decided to go for the featured and got Guillotine for the first time, not a bad champ but not worth 15K shards, that’s on me though, shouldn’t have gone for the featured, they are always a bad value. Mostly I’m incredibly irritated because I got nothing of real value for my account after months of time, effort, units, and money. Remind me why the awakening wasn’t generic at least? Act 5 exploration gave a generic 5 star and it was a lot easier than Act 6 exploration.
    So what if you pull a 6* you can use it on? Waiting to use Gems should be something we're used to by now.
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    DMAN232 said:

cdubby_22 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
    Is there any chance we can just get the date of the response to this thread????? I dont need you to rush it, or for it to come today or tomorrow, but with any objective there is goal with a timeline. If you really are taking anything we have said seriously you should be able to clue us in on when we should expect an announcement. If a delay comes up then you let us know about it and give the reason why, and a new timeline. That is effective communication, something that you tell us you try to do but not follow through with. This is the simplest thing to do, yet you continually fail at time and time again. Because your response of the a roadmap that didnt include one thing that the community has wanted tells us you dont care. The horrible quest this month tells us you could care less, and not giving us any update or indication when you will be addressing the issues or at least following through with some of the things you announced recently like increase in Abyss rewards, compensation for Capt. Marvel fight etc just pours gasoline on the giant inferno you created by not appreciating your customers in the 1st place.

This 100%

Come on kabam why the silence?????

You are alienating your player base and showing total disregard and contempt towards your customers.
    Agreed! Yes, kabam gave us a "road map", big deal. That's just corporate talk for saying, "we don't care, but here is this".. I've been playing contest for 2+ years now, and I LOVED the game when I started it. But more and more, it feels like a chore to log on, do my daily quests, and "show up" for my alliance, just to get squat for rewards. If kabam really did care, they would be doing more than just giving us a "road map". They would be making the changes that we have asked for. Which, I don't feel the need to go into, as surely, by now, kabam has a clue. Also, kabam, you want "constructive feedback"? Well, there ya go. Listen to your summoners, and make the changes we are asking for. Hows that for constructive feeedback? ;)
    That is all,
    Strong

So what if you pull a 6* you can use it on? Waiting to use Gems should be something we're used to by now.
    Well if it was a generic like it should have been, I could have used it right now on Void. I can’t think of any Cosmic six star that really needs their awakened ability. I already have Corvus awakened. I’ll use it on Sparkles if I ever pull her, but I already have five star one at 5/65 and since I can’t r3 her, she wouldn’t get used.

Well if it was a generic like it should have been, I could have used it right now on Void. I can’t think of any Cosmic six star that really needs their awakened ability. I already have Corvus awakened. I’ll use it on Sparkles if I ever pull her, but I already have five star one at 5/65 and since I can’t r3 her, she wouldn’t get used.
    Not right now, no. There's only one Gen Gem in the game, and you get it for 100% Abyss. I'm sure you'll find a use for it later on. No one said you have to be able to use everything you earn right away.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I'm having flashbacks to way back when 5* cosmic awakening gems were considered a booby prize because there were no 5* cosmics worth awakening. Those were the days.

Not right now, no. There's only one Gen Gem in the game, and you get it for 100% Abyss. I'm sure you'll find a use for it later on. No one said you have to be able to use everything you earn right away.
    Yeah, but doing act 6 100% should get you a generic since it’s a hell of a lot harder than Abyss 100%
    That wasn't necessarily the plan. Abyss was meant to be the follow up to LoL. The fact that people did it as easily as they did wasn't the goal, I don't believe. I can't say if either was harder because I haven't done them, but what I do see is that 6* Gems are much more rare than 5* Gems were at the time of Act 5. They're very rare. The most rare Resource, to be precise.

Yeah, but doing act 6 100% should get you a generic since it’s a hell of a lot harder than Abyss 100%
    That wasn't necessarily the plan. Abyss was meant to be the follow up to LoL. The fact that people did it as easily as they did wasn't the goal, I don't believe. I can't say if either was harder because I haven't done them, but what I do see is that 6* Gems are much more rare than 5* Gems were at the time of Act 5. They're very rare. The most rare Resource, to be precise.
    And Act 6 was meant to be a follow up to Act 5.
    Just because Act 5 included a Generic doesn't mean Act 6 should as well.
    H3t3r said:

LoL included a generic and a class same with AOL but with 6* versions.
    As I just said, AoL wasn't meant to be that easy. People didn't blast through LoL that easily when it was released.
    edited June 2020

Ok but you said that since Abyss was a follow up to LoL that’s why it had a generic. Act 6 is a follow up to Act 5, so by the same reasoning it should have been a generic.
    That's not what I said. I said it was supposed to be hard. Really hard. I referenced following LoL to explain just how hard it was supposed to be. I wasn't referencing it because the previous one had X so it should have X. I'm not sure where that idea of continuity of Rewards came from, but that's never been a given.