**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How random are these random buffs, really?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
I spent 7 buff randomizers in epic for the boss and it just kept throwing random combinations out of 5 buffs in total.
Spite, rage, mystic ward, oscillate and mighty charge.
Is this what random means? And to roll from the same 5 buffs 7 times should have astronomical odds. Can someone else try it too?

Comments

• DerekDerek Posts: 27
    Same here, i spend 5 randomizer and get 5 times same buff... Jajajaja
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think they’re random but there’s a very limited pool of buffs so randomising them has a good chance if not changing much
  • Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
    Same here... I spent total 8 randomiser on this and got only the combination of these things and nothing else and the boss was Tigra... how can we win this over with these combinations???where rage comes with oscillate, rage and spite, or masocism with oscilate... top of all the the boss is tigra... @Kabam Miike help us...

@Seatin @RichTheMan can you help us here?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Same here... I spent total 8 randomiser on this and got only the combination of these things and nothing else and the boss was Tigra... how can we win this over with these combinations???where rage comes with oscillate, rage and spite, or masocism with oscilate... top of all the the boss is tigra... @Kabam Miike help us...

@Seatin @RichTheMan can you help us here?

Interesting thing I had some of the same boss nodes in rotation.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Same case for me. The exact same nodes for the boss.
    Who is creating this content? I wanna pick his/her mind.
    What's the main reason of doing so?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I feel like there is a set of nodes for each champion. I went against Mr. Fantastic and he kept getting nodes that put debuffs on me (long distance relationships, its equivalent w fatigue or empathic lock)
    Can we get an answer from the mods? Is this intended?

Pretty sure seatin experienced the same in his stream. It can't be intended, but I have a horrible feeling they could just say RNG

This cannot be RNG. All the community getting the same 5 buffs for boss? Nah.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think they just greatly limited the pool of buffs, it’s both good and bad, we won’t be seeing any super fun unique combos, no life transfers and power shields, but also no complete bs combos that you just can’t get through either
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    IMO It seems each champ has been assigned a set number of buffs, like say 5. Given that each fight has 3, then no matter the RNG code you're probably going to get at least 2 of the 5 buffs every time you roll in that 3.

I've done this side quest 4 times and saw 3 bosses - Hit Monkey once, Tigra once and GHulk twice, and not only did the nodes always have at least 2 of the same 3 every roll, but when I saw Ghulk twice he had the same buffs at the start (and same combinations when rolled) - masochism, oscillate, spite, mighty charge, rage.

Says to me that each Champ has buffed geared towards their attributes to help enhance them, and the pool to roll in makes the roll almost pointless.

Everything is geared towards forcing you to spend coins to buy buff deleters (imo).
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    I just had caltrops on the first fight, so I reroll and get caltrops, then 3 more times and caltrops popped up every time, boy that's some randomness for you. MIT math wiz would love to fig up the odds of the same buffs popping up that many times in a row, think the odds of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning twice and surviving all happening 3 days in a row would be lower. Wish kabam would start a lottery with real cash as a prize, with there RNG I think every summoner would win all . on the same day.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Oh by the way kabam, it's not really random with you tinker with the odds, depending on what the summoner needs or has in his/her inventory, so u may want some of your people to come up with something dif to call kabams/KASCAMS very special RNG
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Just pick the skill path and bring a bleed immune and an incinerate immune. Bonus points if they are both. It’s easy. Cosmic path is another viable alternative so long as there are no crumbling armor Aarkus’s in your way.
    Neotwism said:

Just pick the skill path and bring a bleed immune and an incinerate immune. Bonus points if they are both. It’s easy. Cosmic path is another viable alternative so long as there are no crumbling armor Aarkus’s in your way.

That's not the point. Nobody is saying that it's not possible to complete. Ppl are complaining because the whole point of the randomized is pointless if u keep getting the same buffs every time. It's misleading and could be considered deceptive.
    Exactly. That takes the main "excitement" out of the event. In the past labs, buffs like dash vulnerability and bleed vulnerability popped up too, at least it wasn't all rigged. This, if intended, is outrageous.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    feels like a forced way to make us use the deletors instead of the randomizers...randomizers are available in stor for our regular gold whereas to get deletors u need to spend the gold coins which are in shortage as it is...
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    My biggest complaint is that you can't scout the path and form a team once you are in you cant leave
    Okay why aren't more people talking about this? I know I'm kind of spamming but this is unacceptable. It just makes the core mechanic of side quest totally irrelevant.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I noticed the same.
    There was one buff, can't remember the name, but it gave the defend the evade ability, which I hate. So I rolled 6 randomisers, which is all I had in stock, and guess what, the same buff came back every time, along with other 'random' buffs.
    I never used the delete option, purely because I felt cheated into 'having' to use it. So out of spite [pun intended, as it's a buff] I fought the defended with the evade buff still on and eventually defeated him.
    So yes I won, but that's not the point. The point is the 'randomiser' option is there, and you can spend gold to buy more, but in actual fact it is a complete rip off.
  • _Quetzalcohuātl_Quetzalcohuātl Posts: 17
    Same here, it looks like the pool of buffs for each champ is very small
  • Va5S7KudhaVa5S7Kudha Posts: 85
    Haji_Saab said:

The pool isn't big .. I would suggest bringing champs that can counter the boss nodes. The nodes on the lanes are pretty easy if you go to class advantage lane. For example, the whole cosmic path has nodes that just fuels nullifers / MD combo.

The point is that many people don't have amazing counters to everyone single node combo in the game. So Kabam forces us to spend money on Cavalier crystals to get them.
    Haji_Saab said:

The pool isn't big .. I would suggest bringing champs that can counter the boss nodes. The nodes on the lanes are pretty easy if you go to class advantage lane. For example, the whole cosmic path has nodes that just fuels nullifers / MD combo.

But where's the fun in that?
    Even the paths you select, the most buffed up defenders are the ones widely regarded as difficult to fight. Haven't encountered any bosses except Gulk, Tigra and Hit monkey. What is random about this event? This thing is far far away from random.
    I've always liked Modok's labs because of the crazy node combinations you can get and make the fight fun.
  • Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
    i had to fight gladiator hulk today and the node combination was rage + masocism, rage+ spite, rage+mighty charge and finally i got the mighty charge + masocism in which i fought him. Now frankly in this combination i have to reparry 3 times as first time mighty charge wont make parry, then first parry is gone by masocism and finally 3rd parry will make my day. is it really fair kabam.. only five node combination for the entire boss node from this much node pools.... are you really kidding me??? It cost me 2 revive... which i dont like...

@Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious , @Kabam Zibiit , @Kabam Lyra , @Kabam Vydious ... help us really...
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Nice. I keep Getting Caltrops or Biohazard or Rage and Spite or "Mystic champs nulify reduced" But ye Omega Red For The Wim
  • Drax_ReflexologistDrax_Reflexologist Posts: 120 ★★
    Bawa69 said:

feels like a forced way to make us use the deletors instead of the randomizers...randomizers are available in stor for our regular gold whereas to get deletors u need to spend the gold coins which are in shortage as it is...

Bingo