**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier difficulty bosses and end fights.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I don’t know about rewards. But I think the end boss should be about the same difficulty as a map 5 aq mini boss. Or map 4 final boss.

Once we get into map 5 final bosses and map 6 mini bosses I think the difficulty gets stretched to far.

But if rewards are commiserate with difficulty then ok. I couldn’t finish uncollected monthly back at beginning. I could see same happening for cavalier. I. Sure I could do it now regardless.

If end bosses are similar to act 6 end bosses I think the difficulty would be pushed too much. As it is in my alliance gold 2/1 some can’t even do map 5/6 aq bosses. And barely sniffed out cavalier. To go with end bosses of 6.2, 6.3, that would be way to out of reach for way to many.

What do you think.

Comments

• FromundacheezFromundacheez Posts: 1
    Clearly it wont be designed for you if you think it should compare to a map 5 fight
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Map 5/6 Bosses? Those are cakewalks.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Tbh I'd actually rather expect something along the lines of a 6.2. boss.

But generally I hope that most of the challenge will come from clever node combinations rather than just absurd attack and health values.

Just of the top of my head I'd feel like map 5 miniboss level would be a bit too weak for how they described their target group. Exploration difficulty is supposed to be catering to those who completed act 6 iirc.

I agree here. I think a 6.2 boss would be a good feel. You can solo but shouldn’t always. I think the problem with kabam lately is they tack on 5-7 node combinations that are just horrendous. If they can be smart about how they do it, people will love it. An AQ mini boss with the right champ can be solod on any day (IW sexond mini day 5 I can solo with a 25% health Aegon). I don’t want the need to spend units to clear cavalier but I also don’t want to be bored out of my mind not needing to read the nodes. I always forget in cavalier and still clear without issues. I sometimes don’t even read the boss nodes.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Tbh I'd actually rather expect something along the lines of a 6.2. boss.

But generally I hope that most of the challenge will come from clever node combinations rather than just absurd attack and health values.

Just of the top of my head I'd feel like map 5 miniboss level would be a bit too weak for how they described their target group. Exploration difficulty is supposed to be catering to those who completed act 6 iirc.

Average UC bosses are 100k-150k. I think we'll see bosses 300k-400k for sure. I think 500k+ won't happen. Maybe 3.3 boss but doubt it.
    xNig said:

Map 5/6 Bosses? Those are cakewalks.

They're easier than most act 6 bosses for sure.

Clearly it wont be designed for you if you think it should compare to a map 5 fight

You think harder?
    For sure harder. Map 5 bosses aren't hard. Neither are map 6 or 7. Most anyone ive played with for map 6 and 7 can 1 shot final bosses.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    The problem is that they're calling it Cavalier difficulty, honestly. "Cavalier Difficulty" makes it sound like brand new Cavalier players should at least be able to complete it without spending a horrendous amount of revives like newly Uncollected players with Uncollected difficulty, but I feel like Cavalier will be targeted more towards Endgame players. Exploring Uncollected monthly event quests can still be hard even for newly Cavalier players. Honestly, they should've created a new title at the end of 6.2 or Act 6 as a whole and based this next difficulty off that.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I think it should be around variant difficulty, maybe a bit harder, just seems about right
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

For the final boss of a cav eq I personally would actually expect something close to the 6.3. or 6.4. bosses.

I think especially the final boss needs to be beefy (health), tricky (nodes) and punishing (attack).

I wouldn't want to speak about the tricky part, as far as I understood it that's something kabam is currently trying to improve on and they'll probably use the cav-alpha as a testing environment. In my eyes node combinations shouldn't be as easy of a puzzle as "you deal 90% less damage if you don't [X] BUT you deal +300% if you [X]". I'd like to see more stuff along the lines of "if you successfully do [X] 5 times in a row then your next attack deals +500% damage". Something tricky, but something that can also be done regardless albeit a longer/harder fight.

As to the beefy and punishing aspect, in short I think something along the lines of the 6.3.6. cap iw or the 6.4.1. iceman wouldn't be too far off as a baseline in my opinion.

Depending on the rewards and the paths leading up to the boss I actually think the aforementioned cap iw boss could be a very appropriate final boss for a cav eq.

Remember, they said that completion is supposed to cater to (fresh) cavaliers, while exploration is supposed to cater to those who completed act 6.

That's a pretty big gap between those 2 groups already. I think the easiest way to accomplish this is to have the difficulty lead up to 1 final boss that could be done but not steamrolled by the average fresh cavalier, with 1 objectively easier path leading up to it. This 1 path should essentially guarantee the chance to get to the boss with a full team, while the other paths would need to be more roster depth demanding and tricky.

So overall I think and honestly hope that map 5/6 is not the baseline, but rather 6.3.-6.4. bosses.

This is very reasonable. It seems some players are expecting a relatively easy cavalier difficulty. It should not be so. But having an easier path that would allow freshly cavalier players a completion would strike a good balance. Exploration should be more challenging.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    As long as we avoid that 'fun and interactive' damage I'm ok with 6.3/6.4 weighted difficulty I'm just not sure about the repetitive grind of doing the last boss with 7 full energy paths each month on top of all the other stuff
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It’s monthly content. It should be hard, but not insane to beat. Scale it along the lines of the 6.1 bosses. That way newly cavalier players can complete it, while act 6 clearers can push for exploration.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    If its too hard for people that havent finished act 6, the same people that complained for a harder difficulty than UC will complain about cavalier difficulty lol
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    I’m excited for it, but a little nervous at the same time. Act 6 and plus can be as crazy as possible because it’s permanent content so you can grow into it, but this new cavalier eq content will come and go so if it’s full of niche fights it could easily be a headache with some decent milking :D

Hopefully it isn’t gated in anyway. It’ll be tough since it’ll be full of new champs with new mechanics that will more then likely need new counters so I could see it being worse then act 6 and plus, but it could be the perfect example as to way end game content is better suited for story quest then event quest. I also think I have a pretty well rounded roster at this point, but I guess I’ll really find out when it finally rolls out.
  • Harith1987Harith1987 Posts: 69
    If you can’t play cavalier difficulty , others can.
    Cavalier difficulty which means opponents would be 6* like map7 and act 6 so What are you talking about bosses map5 ? We are not proven or uncollected players!
  • LeovaMLeovaM Posts: 37
    Cavalier difficulty will become just another play-field for Aegon, I guess.

I am thinking much more about if is there gonna be no-buff paths like in Uncollected? Just globals and the bot himself.