**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Wow...just wow! You want thorns and other bs back?
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    fa5q5f9529zr.png
    30ud3bkw1j2u.png

Here is some proof that the new AW scoring suck big time, the alliance we went up against didnt place as many champs as us but would have won if they would have cleared all BG:s. This is legimately messed up , please fix asap
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Ya pls fix itjeo3iv4n3rx7.png
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The map is not the problem, the broken scoring system that requires less defenders to win is.
    @Kabam Miike we destroyed them but they won because place less champion pls fix this issue
    We 100 precent and they are 98 precent
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Wow, that is seriously messed up. They want us to use items to push for victory but nothing really matters in AW attack anymore... :(
  • They break everything
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I think taking a node, whether it was defended or empty, should count as a kill. But then again that would be the same as exploration.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    It is not a glitch. Attacker kills is the third highest score generating item on the AW scoring list. Putting zero defenders means the opponent gets 0 points for attacker kills. Points in Defender Rating, Defenders Placed and Defenders Diversity won't be able to make up the difference.

The strategy for war now is to put 0 defenders and go for 100% exploration. You can never lose this way unless you run into another alliance that does the same. This is so messed up and that is why my alliance is not doing AW till this gets fixed.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    I hate the new AW and so does about 90% of those in my alliance
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I can verify that this is absolutely true. My war opponents only placed defenders on mini boss and boss node while my alliance placed all 150 defenders. Both hit 100% exploration. No prizes for guessing who won. AW is broken. Lesser defenders placed wins u the war.bxbek70rx1ut.png

THIS.

This is why removing defender kills causes imbalance. It was the game-deciding factor, but now that you guys decide to enhance attacker kill points, look at what happens, take a good look.

We'll probably adapt to this strategy as well, no point sacrificing 5 champs to defend and give the enemy free points. The defender diversity and defenders placed don't give enough points to justify the attacker kill points.

• You get 22,500 for 150 attacker kills
    They score 0 cause there is no defenders.

Defenders placed 7.5k points
    Defender rating upto 2k points
    Defender Diversity has to be over 13k for you to win
    MarvelMoey wrote: »

You get 22,500 for 150 attacker kills
    They score 0 cause there is no defenders.

Defenders placed 7.5k points
    Defender rating upto 2k points
    Defender Diversity has to be over 13k for you to win

Yet, for defender diversity to have over 13k points, you have to risk putting crappy defenders in war which could give the enemy free attacker kill points, causing your alliance to lose. If your defender diversity cannot reach over 13k, or if your defender rating is not enough, or if your defenders placed is too little, you have lost the gamble.

So, basically, you get a higher chance of winning by depriving the opponent of defenders to kill, than actually trying to give them a challenge.
  • Pow3rKatPow3rKat Posts: 18
    A silly guy was telling them yesterday, that they are not beta testing their game. I believe he produced some other facts, apart from the "defenders placed" bug.

But his post was deleted, and he received a warning for "ranting" (=promoting hate) with "intent to incite anger". :D

Can't remember his name... Powerkat something

ps. You can call it... Karma. B)
  • Just to get defender diversity we placed 2* champs in defense. And we won the war and it sucks real bad. Here are the reasons :-

1. Total unique champs we placed were 98 while the enemy placed 150(full placement).
    2. We won with a difference of 6k while both sides finished the map with 100% explore.
    3. We could have still won if we had placed just one boss in each group. Thats 3 defenders.

This is complete nonsense ( minding my tongue here). There is no fun left in wars. Hope the geniuses at Kabam AW team listen. Bring the old system back.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Yeah the funny in wars it suks Big times. It paid to win now my ally lost bout wars ther has ben
    Exactly. If you place less/no defenders, this means less attacker kill points. According to them, they increased attacker kill points, making it the third most game-changing stat in wars (behind exploration and bgs cleared).

So let's say you never place any defenders, thus the enemy team only has BGs cleared and exploration to rely on for them to try and win. Let's say you get 3 BGs cleared and 100% exploration just like the enemy team, then unless the enemy team has enough defender diversity (which usually, they don't), they will lose.

They lose because you didn't place any defenders, and because their defense was not diverse enough

Let that statement sink in...
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    When they say they beta tested this I'm curious as to who does this for them.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Not everyone has dormammu, nightcrawler, Hyperion, Mordo, duped Juggs, BPCW... Some folks just get really terrible draws and end up with Cage, Ant Man, and Colossus. Those people have no choice but to rank them up.
  • Pow3rKatPow3rKat Posts: 18
    As I was late to place my defenders, I was forced to choose champs for "defenders diversity".

It was my saddest moment (the last two years I 've been playing this game) having to bring in a SpiderGwen, a Groot and the almighty Old Man Logan.

Such a disappointment... :/
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64
    I saw this comming as soon as they announced defender kill points were removed and attack kills increased. Kabam tought they came up with a way to get us to spend more potions and revives..but it backfired.

Not placing def gives you a big head start on points compared to actually placing a defence. Besides that.. def placement was a fun strategic part of AW.. Thats gone out the window now.

Way to go to.. "fix" things that that didnt need a fix instead of fixing things that actually need to be fixed.Theres actually a saying.."if it aint broke dont fix it".. well i gues now its another thing on kabams "To do list"
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The fix to placing fewer defenders will be selling points for units. They have to balance things out so they make a nice profit somehow. Obviously they aren't going to make money off the team who is facing no defenders, do they will find a way to sell them the victory.
This discussion has been closed.