**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AA change that wasn’t announced.

This is what really puts me off on kabam and this game. We are competing for masters right now and I run path 9. I just used AA against mordo two wars ago and was able to heavy mordo through his astral evade. It has ALWAYS been this way until today. I went in just like I normally do and did my thing with AA. I parried and threw a heavy and bam I got destroyed. It no longer works.

I have to emphasize this part so I don’t get the stupid comments from the few random people that say well it was a bug and shouldn’t have ever worked blah blah blah.

That is fine, but if you are going to make a change in the game like that that has real consequences in war it needs to be announced prior to the fix going live. My first fight and now we have 1 death already.

I already went and looked at the bug fixes in the latest update and it doesn’t mention this at all. So you guys pushed another “fix” (something that has been like this for like 3 years now) without saying anything. It’s not a good look.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it is a bug since mordo is meant to be aar immune (I think) but yeah, any change that makes a difference should be announced
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Voltolos said:

you are like 2 years too late

Elaborate. How am I two years late when I used AA all of last season and most of this season against Mordo aegis heavy and it always worked until today?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    This was a bug that got fixed, or at least there was an attempt to be fixed a couple of years ago
    edited June 2020

This was a bug that got fixed, or at least there was an attempt to be fixed a couple of years ago

I remember they attempted to fix it, but it was never fixed. He would astral evade, but still get hit with the heavy up until two wars ago. Now I parry and heavy and the heavy doesn’t hit. I am fine with it being fixed, but not without letting people know beforehand. That’s bad business.

This is laughable. I could post a screen recording from like a month ago where AA was still working against Mordo. The people who are disagreeing are people who haven’t been running path 9 and or using AA in war. Disagreeing when you obviously have no knowledge about it. Aa worked against mordo for the last 3+ years up until this war. I know this because I have been using him. For you guys to disagree when you haven’t been using him is silly as hell lol.
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Well get to posting that screenshot then champ. Infact why not lead with the evidence?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I mean I assuming this situation is a lot like the Drax one where he wasn't intended to be a counter and this is just a frame rate glitch or something, but was supposedly fixed awhile ago. Maybe it somehow resurfaced last patch or a few patches ago, wasn't noticed by anyone really and then was fixed unknowingly

Well get to posting that screenshot then champ. Infact why not lead with the evidence?

It’s a video. And I will post it. I didn’t post it because it was about a month ago.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

This is laughable. I could post a screen recording from like a month ago where AA was still working against Mordo. The people who are disagreeing are people who haven’t been running path 9 and or using AA in war. Disagreeing when you obviously have no knowledge about it. Aa worked against mordo for the last 3+ years up until this war. I know this because I have been using him. For you guys to disagree when you haven’t been using him is silly as hell lol.

The change to Mordo was that he was immune to AAR. Only way to stop his evade is true strike and Cull Obsidian.

The change to Mordo was that he was immune to AAR. Only way to stop his evade is true strike and Cull Obsidian.
    When did that go live? I didn’t see it in announcements?

Like forever ago.

Like forever ago.
    If it went live forever ago then how come I was able to use AA on mordo up until this war? This is frustrating, because it seems like nobody tried using AA against mordo because they thought it was fixed when it wasn’t. I lost the video I have on line chat when my phone broke a month ago. I am waiting for my buddy to get online and reshare the video to me.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Imiw shoots can't be evaded, so at least he also works
    Didn’t want to upload video to YouTube just to link.

2016 or 2017......
    edited June 2020

You aren't preventing the evade. You are catching him as he's dashing back. This is common for people to do with Mordo. You wait till the last second and heavy attack.

Also, screenshots don't help your case. These very well could have been from years ago. 🤷

You aren't preventing the evade. You are catching him as he's dashing back. This is common for people to do with Mordo. You wait till the last second and heavy attack.
    I’m not waiting for the stun timer to run out though. I have always parried and immediately threw a heavy. I brought AA for this reason because it was the easiest counter to mordo now that there is flow and we are in t1 wars. I used to use doom too up until they changed flow this season. AA wrecked mordo every time. Parry, heavy, and game over fast and easy. I will just upload video to YouTube and post link.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

From the screenshots, there was no delay till the stun got away. The astral evade happened for sure

I’m not waiting for the stun timer to run out though. I have always parried and immediately threw a heavy. I brought AA for this reason because it was the easiest counter to mordo now that there is flow and we are in t1 wars. I used to use doom too up until they changed flow this season. AA wrecked mordo every time. Parry, heavy, and game over fast and easy. I will just upload video to YouTube and post link.
    Well then the bug, there really is one here, is that AA isn't being stunned by Mordos first hit as he evades. AA can't prevent astral evade even with Nurotoxins on. So basically, you just reported a bug that helped you and will likely be fixed some how.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★

Also, screenshots don't help your case. These very well could have been from years ago. 🤷
    No the screenshots are clear. Parry is still on screen, and astral evade is on screen clearly wasn’t a wait between parry and heavy or the parry sign would be gone

These people are just the usual trolls bro, yes you have a valid concern, typical kabam fixing benefits without Communication, not like them to ever do something like that cough cough Aq gold rewards cough cough

Well then the bug, there really is one here, is that AA isn't being stunned by Mordos first hit as he evades. AA can't prevent astral evade even with Nurotoxins on. So basically, you just reported a bug that helped you and will likely be fixed some how.
    They already fixed it. That’s my point. I don’t care that they fixed it. I care that they fixed it and didn’t let us know they fixed it and it cost us a death in section 1 when we are going for master. That’s my whole thing lol.

I just tested it
    Mordo evades the first hit of the heavy attack, but the other 2 hits connect
    So it's still working

I just tested as well and it is working for 5* AA vs 5* mordo, but my 5* AA vs 6* duped mordo didn’t work at all. Maybe it could be a diminishing returns or something. Idk. Just sucks ass. It always works and it didn’t this time. Frustrating.

They already fixed it. That’s my point. I don’t care that they fixed it. I care that they fixed it and didn’t let us know they fixed it and it cost us a death in section 1 when we are going for master. That’s my whole thing lol.
    What's there to communicate? You are literally the only one talking about it? Plus it wasn't ever supposed to work. It's possible you are just mistaken as well. Point is, I don't think there is anything to announce.
    Speeds80 said:

No the screenshots are clear. Parry is still on screen, and astral evade is on screen clearly wasn’t a wait between parry and heavy or the parry sign would be gone

These people are just the usual trolls bro, yes you have a valid concern, typical kabam fixing benefits without Communication, not like them to ever do something like that cough cough Aq gold rewards cough cough
    AQ gold is literally the only thing you can say that wasn't Announced. Please tell me any other time where a champ was changed or anything else that was changed that wasn't Announced.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    Agree with everyone else here saying it was changed a long time ago.

And was talked about at length back then, as well as others who could no longer punish Mordo anymore.

For ArchAngel, the change did NOT TOTALLY prevent him from still doing that, but it did become risky, and sometimes you would succeed while other times you would fail.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★

I just tested it
    Mordo evades the first hit of the heavy attack, but the other 2 hits connect
    So it's still working

I just tested as well and it is working for 5* AA vs 5* mordo, but my 5* AA vs 6* duped mordo didn’t work at all. Maybe it could be a diminishing returns or something. Idk. Just sucks ass. It always works and it didn’t this time. Frustrating.
    Could it be he had maxed limber and just shrugged off the stun faster or are you now being hit with the evade itself?
    Okay here's something's this seems like it's similar to the Drax mordo counter. Where the double hit would counter his evade. This was never an intended counter. This also worked for AAs heavy. But this fix happened awhile ago. The cause for this was some frame rate issues that got fixed awhile ago. But it is very possible that this issue happened to unknowingly resurfaced awhile ago with almost nobody but you noticing, and then it also unknowingly got fixed this patched as well.