**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Archangel Arena Cutoffs

MoletronMoletron Posts: 43
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I had all but stopped arena grinding for anything beyond the 11-25% shards, the Cutoffs were just getting too crazy for 4★ champs that were already being somewhat phased out, EVEN BEFORE THE 6★ Champ announcement. I grinded to dupe Magik in her last arena, I could deal with 3 million for a top notch old but effective champ.
But Archangel is really damn good, so I grinded out a little over 6 million, I was going until the last minute. I understand that it's possible to do more than that if you don't have a job or any obligations in life. But I have a job, so even with staying up until the sun is sneaking up early in the morning, grinding over 2 million points a day is just too much to feasibly do. But I grinded almost exactly that; I got over 6 million points, and all Kabam has to give me is 500 4★ shards and a couple hundred 5★shards. This is out of hand. They need to award the 4★champs at a set milestone. I put countless hours in, over 600 fights. Staying up to the point of my eyes about to bleed, for nothing....If this continues I know it won't make a difference to Kabam, but I'll just quit. This was just the worst in a recent run of events that have made me hate this game in aot of ways.

**Admin edited thread title for clarity. Please ensure you are following our forum rules**
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I have had that happen to me on multiple champs (x23, hood, Hyperion, and I think one more)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Hmm...you might have been close. I was predicting 5.4-6. I've been off before. If that's true I'd put him in the 6.2-6.4 range. Sorry you missed him. Round 2 is typically lower.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    The cut-off was around 6.15M. I was thinking it might cross hyperion's cutoff of 6.5, but apparently it didn't.
    Like you said, AA is really damn good, so people put really high scores for him.
    Sorry for that OP, but this stuff happens in arenas. Better luck next time.
  • Nope you either win the champ or you don't. Sorry but you weren't ready. No participation trophy in MCOC
    Superman69 wrote: »
    The cut-off was around 6.15M. I was thinking it might cross hyperion's cutoff of 6.5, but apparently it didn't.
    Like you said, AA is really damn good, so people put really high scores for him.
    Sorry for that OP, but this stuff happens in arenas. Better luck next time.

Ah. I wasn't as off as I thought. It has been that margin before. Still feel for the OP. I know how it feels.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Your roster isn't there yet to grind for the top champs, it will be eventually. Get shards, more champs, and it won't be that hard. Most people have jobs who play and were able to do it.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I have a full time job, family of 6.
    I got 9 full hours of sleep Friday and Saturday night and managed 8 million without using any boosts or units.

Maybe you don't have the champs yet, I feel your pain though.
    I missed Hyperion by 200k and I used boosts and units trying for him
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    What did Falcon go for!? I missed out, not bothered as he's tied, just want to know the cut off.

Wanted to dupe/awaken him, only reason I bothered
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    What did Falcon go for!? I missed out, not bothered as he's tied, just want to know the cut off.

Wanted to dupe/awaken him, only reason I bothered

I guy in my alliance got him with a little over 8mil I think.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    I understand your frustration, spending all that time and falling short just flat out sucks.

Not going to blindly criticize you with the "you should have scored more" bs advice, but let's just analyze your situation to help you the next time, if you choose to continue playing. Please don't take anything personal, I'm in no way shape or form trying to antagonize you.

First, try not to get caught up in the concensus knee-jerk reaction to the 6* announcement, 4* are still very useful in beating more difficult content, it just takes patience/skill; of course you'll use resources but if you can master the first two, you'll minimize the third.

Anyway, moving on to your arena dilemma...I noticed, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say that it took you 600+ "fights" to score 6mil? If you meant matches, then you probably don't have a roster strong enough to get a higher score without putting in a ridiculous amount of time. If this is the case, and you're probably not going to like this answer, but I'd concentrate on the old basic arenas where you can get champs you don't have for ~3mil; it'll take time, but unless you plan to spend money to speed up your progression, there really is no other option. Hit as many milestones as you can, build up your 4/5* shards and you'll see improvement eventually,

Also, joining an alliance, one that matches your current game status, will help with speed-up the collecting of shards and resources.

Don't get discouraged, just play the game to have fun; sorry for all the yammering, hope this helps.

Be well.
    I skim read and missed the bit about 600+ fights until I just read it again.
    To give you an idea I did 8,022,343 in 275 rounds, that's 825 fights and I know I lost a few fights winning the round 2-1, no more than 10 fights though so probably 100-150k points overall lost
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Moletron wrote: »
    I had all but stopped arena grinding for anything beyond the 11-25% shards, the Cutoffs were just getting too crazy for 4★ champs that were already being somewhat phased out, EVEN BEFORE THE 6★ Champ announcement. I grinded to dupe Magik in her last arena, I could deal with 3 million for a top notch old but effective champ.
    But Archangel is really damn good, so I grinded out a little over 6 million, I was going until the last minute. I understand that it's possible to do more than that if you don't have a job or any obligations in life. But I have a job, so even with staying up until the sun is sneaking up early in the morning, grinding over 2 million points a day is just too much to feasibly do. But I grinded almost exactly that; I got over 6 million points, and all Kabam has to give me is 500 4★ shards and a couple hundred 5★shards. This is out of hand. They need to award the 4★champs at a set milestone. I put countless hours in, over 600 fights. Staying up to the point of my eyes about to bleed, for nothing....If this continues I know it won't make a difference to Kabam, but I'll just quit. This was just the worst in a recent run of events that have made me hate this game in aot of ways.

AA is a super hype/powerful/new champ ... if 6mil took you over 600 fights, then you're not ready to graind for a super hype/powerful/new basic champ

i did 250 fights, 7.5 mi, got AA
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    What the......?

I went for credits only. I had less than 3 million points. I got the same reward as you. RIDICULOUS!
    Voluntaris wrote: »

AA is a super hype/powerful/new champ ... if 6mil took you over 600 fights, then you're not ready to graind for a super hype/powerful/new basic champ

250 fights or 250 rounds?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »

250 fights or 250 rounds?

rounds
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Calm down dude nothing ain't dead AA is a very useful champ like Voodo and Gwenpool a lot of people wanted him , expect the same scores for Iceman.
    Calm down dude nothing ain't dead AA is a very useful champ like Voodo and Gwenpool a lot of people wanted him , expect the same scores for Iceman.

I get back from holiday just before iceman arena starts.
    I'll miss psylocke and iron fist so I'll be refreshed and ready to go.
    8+ million I'm aiming for

I get back from holiday just before iceman arena starts.
    I'll miss psylocke and iron fist so I'll be refreshed and ready to go.
    8+ million I'm aiming for

That should be sufficient. Iceman is a different story. I can see him making 6.5 easily. I have yet to make a prediction, but it will be high is my assertion.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    The thing that makes everyone mad is they should be milestones. Don't get me wrong AA is great but again 4*s are being slightly phased out or pushed out. And if a 5* arena gets pushed out or doesn't what then happens to the 4*? Nobody will do it. The numbers would be garbage. Milestones is where they should be going forward and 5* shards is what should be the top trophy I'd say ranging from 2-5k depending on end score.
  • Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Nope you either win the champ or you don't. Sorry but you weren't ready. No participation trophy in MCOC

Really? I know there isn't but I'm getting pretty mad about that.
    I've been playing this game since the beginning and I have not spent a penny on this game.
    What do I get for all that time saving my money for other things? Five 4 stars and a bunch of three stars, that's what.
    I want to spend money, but I can't and I know it would be worthless anyways.
    Now I believe Kabam should do what the other person said and add champs to milestones, or increase the drop rate in crystals.
    I know it's just my bad luck, but still, it needs to changed for the better of us all.
  • JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    Moletron, I feel your pain. I've been in the same situation at least a half dozen times. It usually sours me on arena for a week, then I get right back on the MCOC arena addiction train... gotta catch 'em all!

Seriously, I WISH they'd make the basic a milestone reward. I would absolutely LOVE that. I hate arena simply due to the uncertainty factor. I've missed the basic hero by less than 20K twice. It's the most deflating feeling to know you were one round away from making it.

Kabam helped with expanding the basic pool, but still, cutoffs are simply too high on the first run basics. We need a sanity check before this gets out of hand again.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Not really. I had school all day Thursday Friday, went and saw it after school on Friday, and still Managed almost 7 mil. Your roster is probably just not big enough
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    I have a full time job, family of 6.
    I got 9 full hours of sleep Friday and Saturday night and managed 8 million without using any boosts or units.

Maybe you don't have the champs yet, I feel your pain though.
    I missed Hyperion by 200k and I used boosts and units trying for him

Im planning a run at Archangel in 2nd run, how many champs would be... necessary to win him?
    30-50 4* & 3* combined?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The high cutoffs mean MCOC arena is as alive as ever not dead lol
  • Mike112889Mike112889 Posts: 6
    There were more than 13k people that scored higher than you how is arena dead?
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Good news is 2nd round is usually lower, and it will also have the added benefit of having the T4B Arena running at the same time.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    It just means that more people outgrinded you. Need to accept it and move on. Maybe you can get him from a crystal or something.