**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam really gave us harder opponents than Act 6 and called it a day

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    TLB said:

Knation said:

I think a problem that’s occurring now is kabam is trying to balance rewards between cavalier (and above) players and uncollected players which obviously leads to a middle ground difficulty that will be too easy for endgame players and possibly too difficult for new uncollected played

Uncollected folks should realize that just because you're UC doesn't mean you're ready for epic. Getting uncollected is one thing, but doesn't mean you can take on the next level. There's still progression in order to play at the epic levels for most people.
    The point is that the rewards NEVER match the difficulty. If you dont see that you're clearly in Kabams pocket. If epic is supposed to be so consistently difficult why is it that last month I didnt have to use a single revive or health potion and this month I cant even attempt it on epic? Before I was uncollected let alone cavalier there some months where I could easily complete epic and other months where there was no point even attempting it? Why is the difficulty so inconsistent and why doesn't it match with the rewards? (higher rewards for higher difficulty). Probably an attempt to clean out everyone's unit stash before July 4th. I know it makes you feel better about yourselves that you can clear this content and us scrubs cant. That makes you pathetic and weak not above the rest of us.
    My guess as to why this side event is “more difficult” is that the rewards from this quest “in the Modok Store” are guaranteed and can be easily selected. Everytime we have one of these events there is always an upscale in difficulty to match the picking of rewards. When they dod the Cap Marvel intel event it was pretty difficult and required a large roster with high tiered characters for the tags. In the Squirrel Girl acorn event there were literally Korgs with Masochism and Mephistos with Aspect of War. They always raise the difficulty for these type of events cause you get pretty high tier rewards AT A GUARANTEE.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

TLB said:

Knation said:

I think a problem that’s occurring now is kabam is trying to balance rewards between cavalier (and above) players and uncollected players which obviously leads to a middle ground difficulty that will be too easy for endgame players and possibly too difficult for new uncollected played

Uncollected folks should realize that just because you're UC doesn't mean you're ready for epic. Getting uncollected is one thing, but doesn't mean you can take on the next level. There's still progression in order to play at the epic levels for most people.
    The point is that the rewards NEVER match the difficulty. If you dont see that you're clearly in Kabams pocket. If epic is supposed to be so consistently difficult why is it that last month I didnt have to use a single revive or health potion and this month I cant even attempt it on epic? Before I was uncollected let alone cavalier there some months where I could easily complete epic and other months where there was no point even attempting it? Why is the difficulty so inconsistent and why doesn't it match with the rewards? (higher rewards for higher difficulty). Probably an attempt to clean out everyone's unit stash before July 4th. I know it makes you feel better about yourselves that you can clear this content and us scrubs cant. That makes you pathetic and weak not above the rest of us.
    My guess as to why this side event is “more difficult” is that the rewards from this quest “in the Modok Store” are guaranteed and can be easily selected. Everytime we have one of these events there is always an upscale in difficulty to match the picking of rewards. When they dod the Cap Marvel intel event it was pretty difficult and required a large roster with high tiered characters for the tags. In the Squirrel Girl acorn event there were literally Korgs with Masochism and Mephistos with Aspect of War. They always raise the difficulty for these type of events cause you get pretty high tier rewards AT A GUARANTEE.
    That’s just it, for a lot of players it isn’t hard. I don’t know if people think that when players say that they’re lying or if they just refuse to believe it. The level of difficulty for me matches the rewards and the rewards are meh. The level of difficulty for master are meh so the rewards are meh lol.

I also think it’s because like you said players can choose, but also its because it requires no energy. The 5* gem crystal in there even though a lot of players say its worthless still has value from Kabams perspective so I’m guessing they want it to be hard for some players. If no money is being spent on energy, then I guess they want it out items this time for those that are struggling with it.

Last months side quest was all rng except for the single chronometer so there was absoluetly no reason for it to be hard at all. The only thing I hated about it was the energy cost, but I gambled and spent units on energy refuels and it paid off. Kabam even gave 10,000 intel and because of it I was able to run all of master and pull a 5* BWCV from the legendary crystals, but Kabam
    are still the bad guys right.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

i don't want to be weird or step on any toes ... i'm honestly, genuinely surprised about this because i didn't find it hard at all. the buffs are some of the same run of the mill from what i've personally seen.

Same also. I saw this thread open it and been sort of reading it. Sometimes I’ll troll the forums but this time I’m genuinely not, these modok hotel nodes aren’t bad at all, you may have 1 or 2 bad nodes, and rerolling won’t always help, just steam roll it with 1 or 2 champs. Yesterday I did 1 whole path and boss just with a 5/65 void.

I have 2 real life friends who play this game:

1.) lower level than me but not by a lot, has been cavalier for a while now, hasn’t touched 6.2 yet and breezes right through modok hotels (has been playing exact same time as me january 2016) (in reference I have 6.1 and 6.2 100% and random passes all over 6.3 and 6.4).

2.) just became cavalier recently; maybe started playing 2 years ago; has had a hard time with the modok hotels and isn’t doing them this month (I recommended doing master but idk if he will listen).

What I’m getting at with those 2 examples and myself: if these are too hard for you, grow your roster and attempt the lower difficultly until then. You will get the same results if not worse next month if you want to attempt the cavalier difficulty side event also.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Corvus + Ghost = Cake
  • Options
    DevourerDevourer Posts: 26
    TLB said:

Knation said:

Why do you assume were in kabams pocket youve literally made points towards your own ability by saying you cant consistanlty finish epic every month 100%, most people who are cavalier and finished with 6.2 champion are actualy tired of epic difficulty and want a more challenging experience as to us this is not a actual issue its just impatient people who dont have a good enough roster but want the same rewards that whine about the difficulty, many cavaliers are sick of the low difficulty paths, and mate if your not consistantly without effort finishing epic then you cleary dont have either the right roster or skill that aint or fault stick to master sony
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    MODOK events are unforgiving.

You can't be taking in 4* and expecting to clear it unless you are a good player.

This iteration of MODOKs lab is actually easier then past ones.

Previously you had two paths and had to do both paths to get full rewards.
    Prior to that it was one path.
    Also you could literally get any champ on these paths and so you pretty much had to bring a counter in some way to majority of mechanics in the game.

Now not only do you get to choose from 6 paths, paths are class based and you can also remove a single node instead of rerolling all of them to get another bad set of nodes.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    TLB said:

Knation said:

What you just described is called roster progression. It's this really weird effect that happens when you beat content and get rank up resources and make your champs stronger. I know it's strange, especially in a progression based game.

But if you can't handle Epic labs, you just need to progress more.
  • Options
    Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Personally, I usually collect the modok sample collectors until I have enough to do 3-4 at a time, activate the 20% attack and health boost, pick your best champ and pick a suitable lane. I know it sounds easier said than done but I haven't had a problem so far.

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    TLB said:

So many Kabam knob polishers here. Do they pay you guys or do you just happen to share their lack of fairness and empathy?

And who made you the world authority in what is fair?
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    I don't know if you guys have noticed it or not, or may be you can guide me if iam missing anything..

Almost every fight you can see Defenders be it any in MODOK Lab even after using their Specials will still have half a bar of power left..which causes Defenders to gain power fast than usual.

Note there is no such power gain buff or node. yet this happens..

If this is a bug then Kabam should really look into the matter and compensate and if not then do guide me what iam missing. Thanks and regards
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    TLB said:

Knation said:

The rewards are atrocious compared to the difficulty for sure but this thread is about Act 6 supposedly being easier than MODOKS Island
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    How about refunding all the gold used on buff randomizers and add actually random nodes to make the fights better. Chaos, Combo Party, Life Steal, Dash Vulnerability, Flare, or something that doesn’t benefit the ai with stupid god awful nodes and rewards the player with good skill. I think that this is the only way they can be actually fun and not a boring tedious side quest.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The more runs I do the funnier this thread gets. I've been mostly using Star Lord to clear the mutant path. I have a stash full of randomizers and haven't purchased any. These are the easiest labs we've ever had. I haven't found it boring or tedious and am enjoying the quest.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★

The more runs I do the funnier this thread gets. I've been mostly using Star Lord to clear the mutant path. I have a stash full of randomizers and haven't purchased any. These are the easiest labs we've ever had. I haven't found it boring or tedious and am enjoying the quest.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    These labs are fun.. I run a different class path each day to make it interesting and it takes less than 10 minutes.

I also feel the rewards are pretty good for less than 10 mins play a day, when you add in the extra stuff u can buy from the store.