**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ToS Question

OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
This is a marvel game. I just want to check something. Does quoting a marvel movie in general chat violate the ToS in a Marvel game? If so what are the chat rules?

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    But trying to say people’s names, like some actors or other famous people, does indeed get ***** blocked out sometimes. Maybe that's what you’ve encountered.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    A friend of mine got banned for quoting a marvel movie. No swears. Is this a bannable offense? I know what he showed me he said and what he actually said might differ, but it does bring up a question of what's ok to say.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Actually the forum rule is just on top section of the forum
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting#latest

It is very difficult to judge “a friend’s case” without knowing the origin and details, but I’m doubtful as there is a separate post here talking about favourite mavel quotes. I also post a quote too. I think there are over 20 forum members did so and they are still pretty active in forum now.
  • It shouldn't be a reason for a ban, however, the ingame chat filter has a lot of words that can cause the asterisks to show, even if they aren't considered bad. So it could have been a harmless phrase, but there could have been words that triggered the sensor. I know there was or is a time when "but" would be sensored. I think the word hack is sensored too even though it is in incursions
    The quote was a popular one used by Korg about a recent situation. Not sure if that matters.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    OneMast3r said:

The quote was a popular one used by Korg about a recent situation. Not sure if that matters.

Piss off Ghost?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    Oh, well you didn’t say it was a dialog quote from a movie.
    Thought you meant the TITLE of a Movie (which some Titles or Proper Names sometimes censored out, but shouldn’t be a ban).

If you’re saying swear words (or other words that could be meant to be insulting or disparaging to others) in chat, even if they were said in movie itself, that is a different matter. That could be seen as saying that phrase to another person up there.
    No swears, just a movie quote. But it's the one the YouTubers were saying. Someone reported him for it. What tos does it violate I can't find it?
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    If I was to guess, he was using that Korg quote in relation to current events, yes? That could be seen as taking those events that I will not mention specifically in jest or mocking them, which could in turn offend others, which could be seen as a violation of ToS.

Reading between the lines here.
    Ya it's just so iffy when I read the rules. A whole week ban for that? Seems a lot. For all anyone knows he quoted a movie. Even if he tells me that is all he was doing I know he shouldn't if said it in global. Just seems like a big penalty for not actualy breaking a rule