**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

These prices need to change

Why are these prices so high, Kabam come on $110 for 1 awakening gem that’s just ridiculous, you guys really need to consider these pricing of these bundles. I would love to Get this but I can’t justify paying that much.

Comments

• randomgeneratedrandomgenerated Posts: 96
    edited June 2020
    Mine was way less than that didn't buy it but way less it was 70 for the 5* and 30 for the 4*
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    did they up the prices? Mine said 70 for the 5 star gems and like 30 for the four stars
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

Mine was way less than that didn't buy it but way less it was 70 for the 5* and 30 for the 4*

Different currencies

They're in a different country, the US price is still $70, which is about 20-30 bucks too much. The one thing I don't get is why not just make this gem a generic? Like, seriously, what is the point of making it a selector? It's literally just a generic gem since you can pick the class, so why bother?

You can always change your mind with generic.They are selling the less valuable gem. A generic won't go for less than $100 US.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

They're in a different country, the US price is still $70, which is about 20-30 bucks too much. The one thing I don't get is why not just make this gem a generic? Like, seriously, what is the point of making it a selector? It's literally just a generic gem since you can pick the class, so why bother?

You can always change your mind with generic.They are selling the less valuable gem. A generic won't go for less than $100 US.
    I'm fairly certain they sold a generic for $70 in the past, though I could be mistaken

Bugmat78 said:

I'm fairly certain they sold a generic for $70 in the past, though I could be mistaken
    I cant recall ever seeing that - they did sell the 4* generic around that price maybe 2 years ago. On July 4th they had a 5* generic in the unit bundles I think at 15,000 units.

And they have sold class based gem bundless for about $100 before iirc.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    We’ve gotten a free gem for 3 months this year. So I’m good on this
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    I do buy deals and I do like to he able to buy a generic ag even if I have to pick it, but the price point was too high. If it was 29 bucks less and came with a few thousand five star shards it would be perfect
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Just ignore these deals.....not worthy at all....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

The prices will change when people stop buying the current offers. It doesn't make sense to ask them to drop the price if people are paying it.

If people are willing to spend a lot to get a little, we should let them, because that's less money everyone else has to spend to keep the game running. If people aren't willing to spend, eventually we need to offer more stuff for the same cash, but Kabam will see that happen long before we can guess it is happening.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    People can't complain about spenders having this huge advantage that they like to say they have and then get mad when offers aren't amazing value all the time. The whole point of games like this is to sell as little of advantage for as much money as possible. If every offer was amazing value even more people would buy them and lesser spenders or f2p would be at an even bigger disadvantage.

If they keep the prices higher than most people are willing to pay, then less people have bought an advantage.
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    They make it a selector so you have to pick the class on the spot. Cant have summoners being able to hold a generic for a champ they actually want to use it on. Another way to make it extremely unfair for the paying community. Think about it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    tbos42 said:

They make it a selector so you have to pick the class on the spot. Cant have summoners being able to hold a generic for a champ they actually want to use it on. Another way to make it extremely unfair for the paying community. Think about it.

Idk man, I think you’re just looking to vilify Kabam I this scenario. Most players I know know well in advance who they want to awaken, even if they don’t have them. In my alliance for example, several of my friends and myself included chose to go for the science awakening gem with the chronometer last event specifically to awaken Human Torch even though half of us (myself included) don’t even have him yet. If you’re buying this deal, you probably have a specific champion you want to awaken so you know which class you need. Example, if I were to buy this deal, I’d chose Cosmic so I can awaken my Hyperion, so in that case, it’s basically a generic.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    tbos42 said:

The paying community is not being held up at gunpoint. The paying players can decide for themselves if an offer is reasonable, and buy the ones they think are and not buy the ones they think aren't. They have all the power in deciding what's fair. They don't need anyone else protecting their interests.

I mean, it seems presumptuous to decide for all the spenders what's fair and what's not fair, and to tell everyone who bought the offer that they can't be trusted to decide what to spend their money on.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The prices will change when people stop buying the current offers. It doesn't make sense to ask them to drop the price if people are paying it.

If people are willing to spend a lot to get a little, we should let them, because that's less money everyone else has to spend to keep the game running. If people aren't willing to spend, eventually we need to offer more stuff for the same cash, but Kabam will see that happen long before we can guess it is happening.
    Yep. Unless people want to see Ads in between Fights.

Bugmat78 said:

$100.00 U.S. from what I recall.
  • TipoTipo Posts: 113
    I’m maxed in every class w 21 unopened so yeah these aren’t worth a premium anymore. 19.99 max
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    tbos42 said:

It's not unfair at all. We've been asking to take the RNG out of deals forever. Now they don't and it's all the sudden unfair as well. The problem with a generic is that so few champs are worthy of it. Most posts on here keep telling people to hold on to it because someone better might come around.

Also, if you don't have Awakening goals for your roster, then you aren't really paying attention or you just aren't serious about the game at any level.

We got them to give us a selector finally. Maybe put the pitch forks away for a while. This is the first time. Give it a while before you start to bash a new type of reward.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It's more like a Generic with less pressure. People tend to choose very carefully with those. Class is an easier choice to make.