**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Lets Talk About Tigra's sp2 Reach

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
This topic has come up a lot in my alliance and I was curious what the general consensus is here. It seems a bit excessive for her sp2 to cover over half of the map. She's easy enough to fight so I'm not complaining here, but does anyone else feel the same way about the reach on her sp2? I get that one of her mechanics is based on spacing between champs but surely there's way to do this without forcing the defender to back themselves to the other side of the map on one special attack. Anyways, I want to hear what others are thinking and hearing from alliance members.

Comments

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    That will become a problem on any + 100-200% powergain node.
    Yes I know there are counters. But Im not looking forward to see it.
    Ofc you can just quake ghost or doom it but she could at least jump back the end so that its not 60% of the entire map in 1 SP2
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Tigra is meant for close combat, meaning you've to take the SP2 and hope the block damage doesn't kill you. But yeah, once you place her on a unblockable SP2 node with energize, you're screwed.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    The L2 does kind of suck, the only reason I didn’t solo her in the UC EQ is the fact that, after being trapped on the back wall after baiting the special, I couldn’t fully dex it, I got surprisingly far but the bit where she just goes mental once she dashes back caught me by surprise.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Tigra is meant for close combat, meaning you've to take the SP2 and hope the block damage doesn't kill you. But yeah, once you place her on a unblockable SP2 node with energize, you're screwed.

her specials go unblockable already
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Imagine Tigra on Spite and 100% Power Gain. Yikes.

I will not.

I thought that the timing was a bit weird on the dexes too

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    So I guess I'm not the only one then... The only thing that worries me is when players get a hold of this champ and start throwing her on 200% power gain nodes in war, the only counters would be magik and quake. And then we run into the whole concept of needing a specific counter for a champ solely because when they throw specials you get backed up more than half way across the screen. Seems absurd to me that I would need to counter a champ because of their reach only.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

So I guess I'm not the only one then... The only thing that worries me is when players get a hold of this champ and start throwing her on 200% power gain nodes in war, the only counters would be magik and quake. And then we run into the whole concept of needing a specific counter for a champ solely because when they throw specials you get backed up more than half way across the screen. Seems absurd to me that I would need to counter a champ because of their reach only.

And Psylocke counters her.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I like her specials, even though she is not best at anything, gives unique "aura" to her, not every champs needs same speed, and credence as per mr.miike,
    - black panther needs some of her exact animation, i'd say rocket racoon could use more animalistic animations now that game and technology behind it has vastly improved!
    Some times giving just new animations gives out a great look and feel for character, colossus has got nice sp1 but would have loved sp2 change as well(similar to deadpool 2 where he puts beating on juggernaut , like picking up on shoulder, knee to face and throwing him )
    - superior ironman could use more of non contact ernergy approach where he uses only his weaponary instead of old tired, punches n knees)
    - Hawkeye could use more close encounter arrows that bleeds on basic attack making them non contact projectiles like domino's
    - all i am saying is giving diffrent animations and minor abilities to old champions and some semi old champs(psylock needs energy basic,hela too and much faster speeds ,longer or in some case shorter dash attacks and in some cases fasters heavy attacks)
    - these small changes could surely make game,events,defense more interesting, qn old hawkeye or hela who cant be parried willl add new dimention to their defense
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I'm not that good at dexing and completely dexed it while on the wall just have to time the hits right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    As someone who spent $200 getting the 5*, I'm concerned. Hahaha.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

And Psylocke counters her.
    Reaone I’m disagreeing is because MD wil giv he power so if ther is one with MD she wil not counter he but els yes.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Power focus 1 in AW.

Good times.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Werewrym said:

She’s actually not Quakable (if that’s even a word) lol. Her medium is a very fast two hit. Way too fast to react to it. At least that’s what happened to me the first and only time fighting her with Quake.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Imagine her as an act 7 boss on bane
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Pratham02 said:

Imagine her as an act 7 boss on bane

Add power gain too
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Smash said:

Werewrym said:

She’s actually not Quakable (if that’s even a word) lol. Her medium is a very fast two hit. Way too fast to react to it. At least that’s what happened to me the first and only time fighting her with Quake.
    Quake is perfectly fine against any other double medium champ
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I have always found that the reach of some attacks alter anyway. Many times I have dashed back to avoid a heavy from SW or Storm etc, next thing I know she's dashed on one leg half way across the screen to reach me! lol Then other times its completely 'normal'.

Not sure what causes this, surely the coding of how a champ moves is set and shouldn't intermittently change?
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    Good that its not only me, not only the reach its crazy fast. Maybe with time it will be a bit easy. Didnt post anything coz of the git gud squad...lol :p
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Seriously she will be a pain on brute force or aspect of war node.