**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Emergency Maintenance ruined our war!!

Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
So let me get this straight up:
We are floating from master to platinum 1 for the whole season and this war was very important, also we were very close with the deaths and all. Then this happened (watch the video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TybO4oXFTQM

Now I lost my boosts, our opponents have 1 more kill in their favor, my Doom is half-life and the enemy Aarkus full life again.
THIS SUCKS!
Playing aw is already stresful enough, with the rewards being 1/10 of the effort required, and we also must deal with these things?
I expect all my boosts and items used in this war to be given back to me, and how are you kabam planning on fixing this war for our alliance? @Kabam Miike
I really hope one of the devs answers cuz this is not acceptable!!

P.s. I read all the in-game mails, there was no planned mantenance for today June 9th from 4-5 PM europe time.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    oof
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    happened to me too ... came back while mid-fight only to find that my health was nearly GONE and of course full health for Emma Frost.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★

Why do y'all care so much? Kabam said sorry and thanked us for our patience! Why would we need anything else??

sarcasm
    Lol ahahaha
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 533 ★★★
    I can agree with compensation for the boosts, etc. that were lost. But as for the war, how do you know that the other team didn't have a couple of players have the same issue? It seems like it affects both sides.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The ideal solution is to recompense boosts and remove the war from the season, but if they did that every maintenance a season would be like 3 wars, if it was more isolated that would work just to keep every war based on how the ally actually did, but it simply wouldn’t
  • Anytime the game goes down in an emergency some level of in game comp should be sent out. If aq and aw are active, potions and revives should be included. There is no harm in being over the top to show that kabam realizes the downtime was potentially harmful. These in game items cost them nothing and the good will would go a long way.

Hey hey stop talking sense here. It isn't allowed. It costs them a few keystrokes of the keyboard! That much coding can go into helping the hamsterwheel servers stay online!
    JollyHawk said:

I can agree with compensation for the boosts, etc. that were lost. But as for the war, how do you know that the other team didn't have a couple of players have the same issue? It seems like it affects both sides.

I don't know, but I think nor we or our opponents should be affected by this. THe war should be cancelled for both and the teams given back the items used.
    Lvernon15 said:

The ideal solution is to recompense boosts and remove the war from the season, but if they did that every maintenance a season would be like 3 wars, if it was more isolated that would work just to keep every war based on how the ally actually did, but it simply wouldn’t

I think the ideal would be to not count this war for both alliances or count them both as a winner. i don't know what this would bring for war season though.
    Sorry but playing a war with the fear that kabam can ruin should not be a players problem, wars are a core part of the game and shouldn't suffer these problems or at least should not leave these problems without solutions.
    Neotwism said:

Jungle92 said:

They dont really care about the maintenance issues which is pretty sad... the war will still count and those that it effected will get the kabam catch phrase "sorry for the inconvenience" other than that we wont get anything else...

I can't accept this! We are not talking about bronze 3, we are talking about tier1 wars and master/platinum1 alliances.
    Our alliance has done a lot of sacrificies to be there, tons os boosts and items spent for what? to see our season get ruined by kabam's mistakes.
    I had some issues with your initial post but I wasn't going to respond. Then I saw this post and had to speak up. Why should it matter what level you are at? You work hard to be at plat/master. Ppl at every progression level work hard and put in the time and sacrifices. Just because you have played longer and have a more developed roster doesn't mean that someone with just 3* champs isn't working just as hard and have been depending on the season rewards to advance them to the next level.

Would you be here if you won the war? I highly doubt it. This time you lost which sucks. The next time it may go in your favor which will help you. Compensation would be great in these instances but to think your war is any more important than someone else's is just plain wrong.
    To be honest, I totally agree with you. In fact, where did I write that my aw is more important than others?
    I think you totally misunderstood what i wrote.

"We are not talking about bronze 3 here", if this is the statement you refer to let me explain.
    I was not talking about the importance of a war bracket instead of another, but the higher sacrificies and effort it requires.
    For example, in very low tier aw you don't usually use the same ammount of items u use on tier1 wars.
    Even without dying in T1 wars you still use nearly all items, severl boosts ecc. While in low tier wars this doesn't happen.
    If you look at the whole season, someone in tier1 war has used tons os items (revives, potions, boosts) more, and this has a cost (all the glory, for example). This is what I meant for that.
    Of course If this had happened to me in low tier alliances things would be a bit different, it's difficult that in those wars a single death would matter. Also the amount of items used would have been much more less. That's all.

And just for you to know, the war has not ended yet. We will probably lose, but I wrote this before the war ends.

It's not the matter of winning or losing, I don't want to finish this aw season in master because my opponent had issues, but because I deserved to be there.
    And these kind of problems are just not fair.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I don't think it is realistic that they can cancel the war. I also dont think any solution can satisfy all players. I do believe that they should do something, every time, as a show of respect.

I don't think it is realistic that they can cancel the war. I also dont think any solution can satisfy all players. I do believe that they should do something, every time, as a show of respect.

I think we all agree that at least they should compensate the items used in this war to the losing team.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Way too many time zones too keep in check. There is no open time to enable a emergency maintenance so it’s better to just do it as other will be effected and same thing other way around.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    They won't refund you because that sets a standard that would require them to refund everyone. That's a lot of work to refund everyone.
    OneMast3r said:

They won't refund you because that sets a standard that would require them to refund everyone. That's a lot of work to refund everyone.

And this seems like a solution to you? Damn.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 365 ★★★
    Ideally within 1 hour of war, they should have a pop up in game (not an email) advising about maintenance. 10 minutes before it should pop up whenever selecting a fight or boost.

If there is unexpected maintenance surely their systems can identify those players that were mid fight and/or had boosts active. The boost timers are to be put on hold until the player enters the contest and starts a battle (any format) if they were mid fight, they should roll back to pre fight stage (ie not a time-out death but the defender and attacker are returned to full health)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    As much as it’s unfair, emergency maintenances are.. well.. emergencies. They can’t be predicted nor planned.

Luck plays a part in this game as well, sadly, in life too.

However, a small token of compensation will be a nice gesture, but shouldn’t be demanded for.

If only we do not complain about such gestures being insufficient and show appreciation instead...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

xNig said:

As much as it’s unfair, emergency maintenances are.. well.. emergencies. They can’t be predicted nor planned.

Luck plays a part in this game as well, sadly, in life too.

However, a small token of compensation will be a nice gesture, but shouldn’t be demanded for.

If only we do not complain about such gestures being insufficient and show appreciation instead...

I think in cases like this it can be demanded
    I’m not sure if support will return your boosts but imagine using a 30% champion boost and then the game goes into emergency maintenance they aren’t boosts that are easily obtained
    I believe the tone at which it is being present holds bearing as well.