**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Allow me to earn more Gold

I know this seems to be a heavily talked about topic, but it seems it is falling on deaf ears. Just increase the gold acquisition or lower the gold requirement to level up our champions. Kabam has too much control over our characters. If I want to rank/level up all of my characters, then I should be able to do that, and within a reasonable time frame as well. It should not take years to do this.The golden crystals are a joke as well. Come on Kabam, make it fun. Don't limit us on the champions we can take up. Stop bull guarding the gold resources.

Comments

• Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    @xNig would you elaborate how you gained that much gold maybe I can use a tip or 2
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    I think the gold situation ATM is fine. People complain about bad RNG/lack of cats but imagine a world in which all you could get are great champs who you could rank up but you don’t have the gold. Happens to me every now and again, it sucks to know you have a champion and could do something if it weren’t for a lack of gold. At the moment there is a good balance in availability of resources, good champions in 5* crystals and availability of catalysts.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Infinitely farmable sure... But also infinitely mind numbing... I have resigned to the fact that I loathe arena, and will not be acquiring gold through that means. It really depends on the person because I legitimately cannot play arena. Plus the amount I would need to play each day is just insane for me. Even spending 30 minutes a day would be too much.

Yeah. As long as you’re okay with the rate at which you’re ranking up champs based on your gold intake, it won’t be an issue.

Main problem is people use “life” as an excuse to be lazy (similar to how “work can be tiring and I don’t have the energy to exercise”), then put the blame on someone else.

I know this seems to be a heavily talked about topic, but it seems it is falling on deaf ears. Just increase the gold acquisition or lower the gold requirement to level up our champions. Kabam has too much control over our characters. If I want to rank/level up all of my characters, then I should be able to do that, and within a reasonable time frame as well. It should not take years to do this.The golden crystals are a joke as well. Come on Kabam, make it fun. Don't limit us on the champions we can take up. Stop bull guarding the gold resources.

It’s quite funny now that @DarthPhal quoted the OP.

From another perspective, if I don’t do AQ and don’t do monthly EQ and don’t play AW, should I be “entitled” to rank/level up all of my characters within a reasonable timeframe as well? (Note: “reasonable” is VERY subjective.)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Gold is the most easy resource to get? I'm not so sure about that. Not without some serious farming. Excessive farming contributes to player burnout. Unless of course, you do not have a life outside of the GAME. I would recommend that Kabam just make the rewards for doing the events/story more rewarding from the gold aspect.

“Do not have a life outside of the game”?

That’s just the most convenient excuse someone lazy would use.

I have 2 school going kids (aged 6 and 8), work, and still find pockets of time to make sure I don’t run low on the ONLY infinitely farmable resource in the game. I don’t buy Cavs or Odins as well.

(Not the first time I’ve sent a screenshot of my gold balance. You’ll see that despite my rank ups, my gold always maintains around the 90m mark.)
    Damn lol.

I have 23 million. I’m using gold only to open my alliance quests. It’s easy to get. Save your gold crystals and open them during summoner appreciation.

Hit first 3 milestones in arena.

Incursions

Farm potions in ROL and get gold at the same time!
    edited June 2020
    gohard123 said:

They have improved gold acquisition greatly with incursions so I dont mind anymore. Arena is such a bad game mode IMO. Spending 2 hours a day for crumbs when that same amount of time invested in other games gives you much better returns. 14 hrs a week and breaking even on the games most common currency is terrible

There’s units as well....

2 hours a day in arena? Do you have any lull periods in your day that you’re doing something that can accommodate a concurrent activity (like watching television, walking from point A to B, cycling in the gym)?

The 12+k units you see on my screenshot were all grinded for. Waiting for July 4th to drop.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Thank you for your advise but my current concern is to minimize no. of times I play arena in one day. I have 15 teams which I use in basic arena and it requires me to play 4 times a day to hit 1.5m. The problem is that I don't find time to play arena during working hours (which is 10 hours btw) so I made schedule to play before going to work and after coming from. I have to complete basic arena in one day because I need my to 4* in 4* featured arena to hit 4m in next two days. Do you think ranking up some 4* to 5/50 will help me achieve my target? @xNig.
    @Rabanga thank you for your suggestion and I think it may extent playing time but I can achieve what I want
  • Vedant_MehtaVedant_Mehta Posts: 95
    xNig said:

Gold is the most easy resource to get? I'm not so sure about that. Not without some serious farming. Excessive farming contributes to player burnout. Unless of course, you do not have a life outside of the GAME. I would recommend that Kabam just make the rewards for doing the events/story more rewarding from the gold aspect.

I have 2 school going kids (aged 6 and 8), work, and still find pockets of time to make sure I don’t run low on the ONLY infinitely farmable resource in the game. I don’t buy Cavs or Odins as well.

(Not the first time I’ve sent a screenshot of my gold balance. You’ll see that despite my rank ups, my gold always maintains around the 90m mark.)
    I did not have gold problems a year back so I didn't grind arena but this year I have been quite lucky and pulled Doom, Ghost, Claire and many others as 5* and 6*.

It roughly takes about 3 million gold to take up a champ to max rank. And grinding all arena milestones in 4* basic, 4* featured and 5* featured gives me about 1.8 million gold per month and 1.4 million from incursions which sums up to 3.2 million. So it can be annoying bc I can't rank up them quickly and start exploring Act 6.

So yeah if someone hasn't grinded arena before then they can have gold problems for sure when they get good champs. It takes a lot of time for players like us to build gold equivalent to your level.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I play arena regularly and I have 3 r2 6 star gems that I cannot use right away because I would be completely out of gold. Yes you can farm gold and you can to hold your rankups but that's just not fun. I don't like the idea of holding my rankups especially when I didn't have to for the first 4 years of playing this game and I do the same amount of arena grinding that I've always done.

Kabam needs to double the iso for 6 star dups and increase the amount of iso by 50% for 5 star dups. This would actually solve the gold issue or they can cut 5 star and 6 star rank ups in half. Its just getting to the point that gold will no longer be sustainable when 6 stars shards are as available as 5 star shards are now.
    Ab_Samad said:

Thank you for your advise but my current concern is to minimize no. of times I play arena in one day. I have 15 teams which I use in basic arena and it requires me to play 4 times a day to hit 1.5m. The problem is that I don't find time to play arena during working hours (which is 10 hours btw) so I made schedule to play before going to work and after coming from. I have to complete basic arena in one day because I need my to 4* in 4* featured arena to hit 4m in next two days. Do you think ranking up some 4* to 5/50 will help me achieve my target? @xNig.

Definitely. I do the 4*B arena as well, with roughly 9-10 teams of 4*R5. Each run (which takes about 20 mins) gives me roughly 400-450k points. Sometimes I just slot my top team in when I'm busy but don't do the fights. It starts the cooldown so I can run it once more when I find the time to do so, makes it more efficient.

xNig said:

I did not have gold problems a year back so I didn't grind arena but this year I have been quite lucky and pulled Doom, Ghost, Claire and many others as 5* and 6*.

It roughly takes about 3 million gold to take up a champ to max rank. And grinding all arena milestones in 4* basic, 4* featured and 5* featured gives me about 1.8 million gold per month and 1.4 million from incursions which sums up to 3.2 million. So it can be annoying bc I can't rank up them quickly and start exploring Act 6.

So yeah if someone hasn't grinded arena before then they can have gold problems for sure when they get good champs. It takes a lot of time for players like us to build gold equivalent to your level.
    It takes time and patience. Using my method, I've had a 3-4 year headstart in gold accumulation that can only be outlasted by spending.

I have 2 alts that run 0 arena. Yes, gold is ALOT more scarce but both of them are sitting at roughly 18-20 R5/R2 equivalents and have 4-5m of reserve gold (+320k BCs thereabouts because they're in a Map 5 alliance). It's all about resource management. Both of those accounts have also completed A6 and finished spending the T2A from the Completion rewards.

I play arena regularly and I have 3 r2 6 star gems that I cannot use right away because I would be completely out of gold. Yes you can farm gold and you can to hold your rankups but that's just not fun. I don't like the idea of holding my rankups especially when I didn't have to for the first 4 years of playing this game and I do the same amount of arena grinding that I've always done.

Kabam needs to double the iso for 6 star dups and increase the amount of iso by 50% for 5 star dups. This would actually solve the gold issue or they can cut 5 star and 6 star rank ups in half. Its just getting to the point that gold will no longer be sustainable when 6 stars shards are as available as 5 star shards are now.

"Fun" is subjective. Personally, I find that being selective on my rank ups and managing my resources well is part and parcel of the game, together with managing alliances, pushing for AQ and AW etc. All these constitutes the entire game and you can't have one without the other.

We can agree to disagree on what constitutes "fun". =)
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    xNig said:

gohard123 said:

They have improved gold acquisition greatly with incursions so I dont mind anymore. Arena is such a bad game mode IMO. Spending 2 hours a day for crumbs when that same amount of time invested in other games gives you much better returns. 14 hrs a week and breaking even on the games most common currency is terrible

2 hours a day in arena? Do you have any lull periods in your day that you’re doing something that can accommodate a concurrent activity (like watching television, walking from point A to B, cycling in the gym)?

The 12+k units you see on my screenshot were all grinded for. Waiting for July 4th to drop.
    Arena is balanced for Unit gain. It makes total sense with the amount of time spent and the amount of units gained. But gold? unfortunately not.

Edit: With regards to accommodating it during my day? I used to do that all the time. 2017-2018 was my best time in game. I could run arena as I was leaving my home and finish a round of 5* before I got into work. Ran another round quickly during my lunch break and then a round during my free evening time. But my gold costs were much less then and even though I was gaining more gold, that was taken away when I started Map 7 and started leveling 6*. I realised I would have to up my arena time to make it and that turned me off from it. There wasnt an increase in acquisition as my progression was increasing so it wasnt worth it.
    gohard123 said:

xNig said:

gohard123 said:

Arena is balanced for Unit gain. It makes total sense with the amount of time spent and the amount of units gained. But gold? unfortunately not.
    Nah. All calculations only include the "guaranteed" portion of gold. There's a large "unguaranteed" portion in opening the BCs as well that people seem to conveniently ignore.