**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW 2.0 - Problems and Suggestions - A Summary !

With all this fuss going on about the new AWs, i thought i would just summarize all of it in one post for simplicity purposes (or at least try).
So basically, the problems the community has with the current Alliance Wars :

1) Portals and Energy :

Honestly, over 70-80% of players are not a big fan of these portals and no one seems to like them, other than Kabam. They cost unnecessary energy, which even in quests is annoying but in AW where you have only 5 energies, it seems weird. A portal takes up 3 energies where a normal node would take just one. (1 to move to that portal, 1 to use it and then 1 to move to that fight)

2) Defender Kills :

Removing them completely was just a poor decision. It's a WAR. Everyone must pay for their losses. But that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

3) Defender placement and diversity :

Diversity points are a good addition, and may force people to use different defenders and all but the way defender placement points and attacker kills points are set right now is broken. You can simply place less defenders and if both alliances do 100% you'll get the victory. This is simply unfair to the alliances who complete their placements.

4) Difficulty and Mini-bosses:

Some people are complaining that nodes are 'TOO EASY' and Boring.

Regarding mini-bosses, increased number seems to be a complaint by some.

Now for some suggested solutions :

1) Energy :

Just for AW, make it such that the portals don't cost energy, just uses energy AFTER using the portal. So 1 instead of 3. (No energy leading to the portal and using it, just used after when you move to your next fight)

2) Def. Kills :

These need to be brought back surely. Maybe don't give them too much points, but at least some so it's actually worth it to bring in strong defenders, or even ANY defenders at all, and not just leave your defense empty. Maybe like 25-50 points.

3) Defenders placement :

Again, one solution is bringing the kills points back. So people try to bring in max defenders.
Another way is to equalize the defender placement points and attacker kill points. That way people would try to place max champs and not leave the defense empty.
The diversity points are a good addition. Alliances can choose to bring in weaker but diverse champions, meaning they would have to give up on defender kills (IF they do come back) It'll be sort of a bargain.

But with no defender kills, it's a bit broken. An alliance can place unique 3*s and 2*s and win a war because of the diversity points over some alliance who places high ranked 4 and 5*s that they worked hard on.

4) Difficulty :

I agree to a bit, but they also shouldn't be crazy as before like 200% power gain, where magik and dorm with MD will just wreck you. (And AGAIN, MD-Dexterity relation should be revisited. Removing crit buff from dexterity is the easiest solution)
Maybe some nodes from story could be added like, Cornered, Power reserve, the one where normal attacks don't deal damage but specials do 400% times damage, the one which degens 100% health in 60 secs but heals X% for total damage dealt etc.

Regarding the increased mini-bosses, i think their visibilty and considering the difficulty of all other nodes with classes being shown, i think it makes up for that itself.

All in all, it's good to see that Kabam is making changes and updates and not just leaving the game in the state for years, but they should also listen to feedback from the players, like ACTUALLY listen.

Comments

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    A month later after reading all these suggestions, they're going to add stuff that only benefits them, add nothing that benefits us, and then tell us, "We listened!".

All these AW suggestion threads do is give Kabam ammo to make it worse for us overall.

Well all we can do is hope for the best.
    So our latest war, a 13M Alliance with zero defenders, not even bosses. And now they are gonna win this AW. What a waste of two damn days. This broken system needs to be looked into ASAP.
  • Colvin35Colvin35 Posts: 27
    Superman69 wrote: »
    So our latest war, a 13M Alliance with zero defenders, not even bosses. And now they are gonna win this AW. What a waste of two damn days. This broken system needs to be looked into ASAP.

This is just sickening, how can this even get through the discussion phase on Kabam's part? This would have been caught in the beta testing if they were really doing it.
  • New war is complete garbage. Portals suck along with it being a scam. Why would you take away defender kills. I guess so it takes no skill and encourages players to spend just to get to 100%. Along with the fact you want diversity now. So all the work long time players did in setting up their masteries with MD and grinding for all their mystic champions is now all for nothing. With the **** you guys pulled we should all get a ton of RANK DOWN TICKETS to fix our accounts to fit the new format.
    Colvin35 wrote: »

This is just sickening, how can this even get through the discussion phase on Kabam's part? This would have been caught in the beta testing if they were really doing it.

Well, it just happened to us. I'll post the screenshot once war is over to show how broken it is. All because they took out defender kills.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    We listened to you complaints

We are removing Alliance wars, are adding a second Alliance quest that runs at the same time as the normal one

And we have a new arena where you can win 1* champions by using your 6* champs
  • CAM_1990CAM_1990 Posts: 10
    I suggest an auto-place option for defense. I've been saying for a long time I wish there was a way to set champions preferences. So if I literally never use electro for anything but defense, I should be able to put a preference option on him so that he's always placed for defense if I don't place in myself. That's a bit of an out dated thought now but applied differently since players can you choose to not place defense and win because they've removed the other alliances ability to make points from said kills, if you opt out from placing your own defense there should be an algorithm that automatically places the individuals five lowest rated champions. I think this would fix the no defense method for war
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    It’s just straight up laughable that they can have such a huge hole in the game. How could they not think this was gonna happen when Def Kills points was taken out? Seems like a bunch of amateurs at that office. Guess none of them have a college education
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    Don't place champions, then they will get o point s for attacker kills, people I've seen are winning wars by only placing a few
    Don't place champions, then they will get o point s for attacker kills, people I've seen are winning wars by only placing a few

92lyhma9d63n.jpg

Forget a few, our opponents won by placing NOTHING at all. Such BS.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Making Placement a requirement would solve that issue. That's my suggestion.
    Or just increasing defender placement points to 150.
    Sometimes, life happens and some people can't place the champs. They shouldn't get locked out of attack as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Or just increasing defender placement points to 150.
    Sometimes, life happens and some people can't place the champs. They shouldn't get locked out of attack as well.
    I think that's the most viable solution. Adding more Points will throw the balance off even more, and will require a complete reworking. That's the rule in my Ally. You place Defense and you Attack. I get that life happens, but it literally takes seconds more to place something than just join.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    The top left miniboss node is one that seriously needs re-working.

+125% health + atk
    +300% health
    SP2 does 30% more dmg and unblockable
    SP2 bias

What's the point of doing this? A certain power controller/stealer would have made this miniboss looked pathetic. At least start with 2 bars of power or power gain increase 150% to make this more challenging.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Leave 1 stars on App stores guys, thats the only way they listen.
  • 0 defenders = guaranteed win. that's all you need to know! Genius Kabam logic.