**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Human Torch Map5 AQ needs to be toned down......hes too powerful as a sub boss!

Comments

• Smashing123Smashing123 Posts: 36
    What's really annoying is that he is the mini more often than the others and with this passive AI it's just ridiculous, when is "fix" coming? How helpful will this "fix" be? 15% buffet is over 30k health recovery, and if you don't one shot him the chances he gets healed back are extremely high. They really need to take a look at that way too op mini.
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    I didn’t see it mentioned here but Red Hulk is a great solution to this fight. Rulk doesn’t gain any natural buffs, and the incinerate actually is a benefit for him. Build HT to just below L1, back off and either parry or intercept and push him with combo to L2. Hitting him after his L2 will incinerate you and allow you to build the heat charges to 10 pretty quickly. You can speed up heat charge generation using Rulk L1. With a R5 5* or R2 6* he will actually go down pretty quickly once you reach 10 heat charges.

If you are worried about a dex giving him the regen on buffet, just turn off dexterity in your mastery. This is generally a lower cost option than using revives and potions if you aren’t confident you won’t trigger dexterity. HT SP2 is not too bad to evade without dex, just takes some practice on timing, and you can either block or parry HT sp1.

I’ve done this fight many times using the above tactics using Red Hulk. Void would work here too as others have mentioned. Hope this helps.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

Hes bleed immune which .makes most skill champs that would be counters like Blade less effective. He has buffet so he gains HP EVERY time you dodge and use dex! If u dont dex his Level 1 he gains heat then u die from incinerate! Then u give him boosts to make his incenerate worse.....seriously hes too powerful. There are limited incenerate immune champs at least Hyperion didnt have buffet and you could power lock him. This boss is harder than the final! At very least take off the buffet node so he doesnt penalize us for using dexterity. The Buffet with all rest of his abilities is too muc

Hes bleed immune which .makes most skill champs that would be counters like Blade less effective. He has buffet so he gains HP EVERY time you dodge and use dex! If u dont dex his Level 1 he gains heat then u die from incinerate! Then u give him boosts to make his incenerate worse.....seriously hes too powerful. There are limited incenerate immune champs at least Hyperion didnt have buffet and you could power lock him. This boss is harder than the final! At very least take off the buffet node so he doesnt penalize us for using dexterity. The Buffet with all rest of his abilities is too much.

Thanks

I feel you, I’ve seen others struggle with him. But he’s not that bad if you strategize.
    1. From my champ collection, I find Void to work best. Play a bit defensive to stack up petrify then fight like you would any champ and dex often to benefit from buffet. You don’t to worry much about Nova. When he hits 7, just parry until it goes into cool down. FYI my r4 Void gets it done.

2. Those that recommend Aegon, there’s a trick with him to make him viable. Don’t build combo past 150 or close to it before the fight. Ideally 100, at most 110 to ensure you can shrug of the incinerate debuffs. Dex immediately before the fight to trigger buffet and then trigger your fury by charging heavy while hitting into his block. He should be half health by the time your fury expires. Repeat cycle.

3. I’ve had success with Stark Spidey. Build max poise charges at the beginning. He’s able to outdamage some of the regen if you strategize, namely; Stick to your sp1, if possible push him to sp2, if he uses sp1 based on how the fight is going block it...your auto-evade should evade most of them anyways.

4. CAIW max sig should work if you have a Tech synergy, stack some petrify and use buffet to your advantage.

I’m there are other champs out there that works as well.
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Posts: 157
    i mean there is always the option to get good at the game
  • jayd7jayd7 Posts: 1
    Let the 1% regen node and use Void
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    This week, we’ve moved back down to map 5 from map 6 so today was the first time I’d had a run against the 2nd HT mini in map 5 in maybe 2 months. I used Quake (5/65) and the fight was over in under a minute. Had alliance members try with Warlock, Omega Red and Nick Fury with no success.

I will say that buffet does make him a bit trickier, but Quake is probably the easiest counter.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Void works great just dont use SP1.
  • CourtbearCourtbear Posts: 163
    Agreed!! This 2nd mini is way overdone!! Buffet or bleed immune need to be removed. Makes it very ugly for players stepping up from Map4 into map5 to come up against this guy with only a handful of good counters for that node
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    Even as a veteran of this game and a boss killer myself, the map 5 second HT mini with 15% buffet sucks (unless you have Void, which I do not). Add the master mode "Kinetic Transference - 2" and it's a never ending cycle of sp1's. Oh wait, it does end... when we step away from the game because of this.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Havok is an amazing counter!
    edited June 2020

Havok is an amazing counter!

Actually don't know how to post the link here, but if you want more clarification, check out my comments on the discussion: "Map 5 torch for alliance quest"
    Also, somebody please teach me how to post a discussion link lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    JSourp said:

Even as a veteran of this game and a boss killer myself, the map 5 second HT mini with 15% buffet sucks (unless you have Void, which I do not). Add the master mode "Kinetic Transference - 2" and it's a never ending cycle of sp1's. Oh wait, it does end... when we step away from the game because of this.

CptIW + Tech, Quake..

I used CMM + NF to take him down too.
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    torch is too much. every week he’s the mini my ally really struggles to take him down. i ranked up my void for this fight and if you slip up once the fight is over. i have yet to one shot him. the game really needs to step away from fights where only champ x,y or z are the only options for fights.
    skill > roster
    njandy said:

torch is too much. every week he’s the mini my ally really struggles to take him down. i ranked up my void for this fight and if you slip up once the fight is over. i have yet to one shot him. the game really needs to step away from fights where only champ x,y or z are the only options for fights.
    skill > roster

I oneshot him every time with havok, pretty straightforward-ish fight. Just tell your ally members to try havok and you'll see

njandy said:

skill > roster

I oneshot him every time with havok, pretty straightforward-ish fight. Just tell your ally members to try havok and you'll see
    Or at least, never died I think
    Grumpy said:

All being good but without those counters your screwed no quake havoc etc another node made specially for a few champ counters typical kabam

Yeah, it's actually a really limited fight
  • AstronomicalAstronomical Posts: 26
    Agreed, the 15% health regen is ridiculous. At this point it’s not even a skill based fight but a fight requiring specific champs which makes it nearly impossible unless there’s someone in the bg that brings a counter.
  • ÆproeçisÆproeçis Posts: 16
    The only proper counter for this mini I've found is Quake and let's face it, Quaking is not a cup of tea or even a mug of beer IMO. I can take on every mini except this one only because his nova flame comes on and burns the **** outta everyone...
  • FatalEndFatalEnd Posts: 53
    Here comes another week with Human Torch as the miniboss in map 5. It's made even more fun as usual with modifiers like Kinetic Transference...
  • StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Void
  • PaddoPaddo Posts: 90
    I use Void or Quake, no dexing. Probably Havok works as well. With those counters he is pretty doable and in AQ you only need one person to bring these Champs so I'm okay with HT as a miniboss cause I already brought Quake as my doom killer. But I get that If you aren't a Quake or Void player he's really anoying.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Just Quake it
  • TheDonV2TheDonV2 Posts: 2
    I have just fought this human torch with Silver surfer who is incinerate immune and I took incinerate damage. I also hit him with the unblockable sp2 (it even said unblockable) and he blocked it. Anyone help with this?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/s7KVBKdeTko

A video I recorded sometime back for my sister ally.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'm able to easily outdamage the buffet with Stealthy.