**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.
    Why? Lots of people are only hanging around for the Roadmap at this point.
    The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    But if this causes youtubers to quit players will quit as well. If Seatin,lagacy, BG and kt1 all quit most of there fan base would quit as well as most people dont follow them becuase they are playing the game its because they enjoy their personality. And just because someone doesnt use the forums doesnt mean they dont know whats going on. And finally this roadmap doesnt just affect CURRENT endgame players it affects all players.
    Let's not get carried away. Most people play the game because they love the game. Not because they're playing just for their favorite YouTubers. The only thing that does is add Views for them on YouTube. The only reason they even started watching them, for the most part, is because of the game.
    It's hard to get as excited about the game when there are no big YouTubers for it. I've noticed that recently that my excitement for the game dipped as the amount of videos being put out dips. You seem to be underestimating how important it is for the game to have a strong YouTube community, they get people hyped for the game and help people figure out how to get around tough content.
    This. Heres and example of more recent times. When Black ops 4 dropped specifically Zombies most youtubes just took a break after the game was broken and no updates were being given on a regular basis and quoting they didnt want to be a zombies youtuber anymore. With most of them taking breaks no one really played zombies that much at least until the Aether story came back( fan favorite storyline)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.
    Why? Lots of people are only hanging around for the Roadmap at this point.
    The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    The issue is that the 5-10% that are the end game players, will likely make up 80-90% of the revenue Kabam makes. So yes, they are the minority of people who play the kabam, but they are the whales that keep Kabam as a viable business. I’m not saying unhappiness at the roadmap will definitely end the game, but it absolutely pushes it down the path that could lead to the end.
    Stop and think about those numbers. 80-90% of their revenue? That isn't even logically sensical. For that matter, I've heard that threat for years now. "We own this game. If we stop spending, the game dies. Make us happy, or we walk."
    All that equates to is, give us what we want, or we kill your game. The game would survive.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I think it’s time i talk about my opinions about why I’m less upset then a lot of other people. I have 3 main games I play in my free time MCOC MFF and RDO I feel less upset with this game less I think is because they have actual communication. I’ve been waiting for nearly 6 months for any new content in RDO just complete radio silence. MFF isn’t much better either they have actual content but are very greedy even more greedy then kabam. I suppose I’ve been burned so many times that I’m not really mad at mcoc. But I’m not saying that kabams direction is good and I’m also not saying I support their decisions. I just think to me I feel way less frustrated with this game then the other games I play because this game has actual dev communication. It’s not great communication but it’s something. But this is just what I’m feeling with this game as of the moment and my experiences in gaming.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    In case you don’t know for my last post RDO stands for Red Dead Online and MFF stands for Marvel Future Fight
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 843 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The problem isn't that there's a low chance to get the specific champ you want. You're not going to be able to do that regardless. The only problem that is solvable, and would improve RNG crystal acquisition, is reducing the downside. The floor of how useful the champions are can be raised, without explicitly allowing players to bypass random chance and just get the champ they want with high chance of success.

That's an interesting point (to me at least). The business model is clearly to keep us spinning crystals to ultimately generate them revenue. Low drop rates for the better champs (don't get me started on the special 'Try for an X or Y' crystals) may work better for them but doesn't work for most apart from the so called whales and YouTube content creators.

Picking a champ would be nice on the one hand (keep hoping for a BWCV or a CAIW 5*) but the net effect would be most rosters would start to look identical.

I've got a 5* Juggernaut, rank 2 but it's been duped by the RNG more than any other. I want to have a reason to use him, but there isn't one apart from Arena. The same applies to a 6* Falcon. The disparity between effective and less than effective champs is too wide.

There's loads of other issues that need to be addressed in the game - Act 6, solo event rewards, the monotony of exploring story chapters. However, doing something about the high percentage of ineffectual champs in all of our rosters is something too.

And, if ppl don't care because they've got a Sig 200 Aegon, Ghost and Doom, good for them. I'll try not to be jealous, or at least until Kabam give me a reason to rank up my Iron Patriot or Howard the Duck :-)

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Ok so I’m an average player, but recently I agree it has been real slow at getting players engaged enough to even complete content. I do admire how Kabam are taking their time to get this right for everyone and not rushing in and committing to something that they can not fulfill down the line. The fact that there’s 103 pages worth of feedback shows them that they should sit up and listen. But I do understand where everyone is coming from with the delayed announcement, everyone is eager to know what you plan to address and change moving forward, I am not going to lie here. For some this announcement is make or break but this game, the direction it’s heading into casts a huge split down the middle of the community and yourselves and I for one don’t want that to happen.

Hopefully we get some reply assuring us it’s on the way, not an immediate answer but just something to look forward to pretty soon
  • DragonBloodÆDragonBloodÆ Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    @DNA3000

I agree with you on targeting specific champion maybe bad for the game.
    However if that were the case then they can solve it with one of these three solutions:
    1-Optimzie RNG aka replace current crystal system with nexus,while it still RNG it LEETS the player feels more control over their account.
    2-Don't design content that require X champ to pass (This game was used to be about collecting champ and have fun with the champ you want to play with) and now you have to brings "Gods" in your team just to clear content.
    3-NEVER Release a new character for a year and try their best to improve all those existence meme tier champ to match with end game stuff.

Note:Make any change from above will be pro player move imo.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

@DNA3000

However if that were the case then they can solve it with one of these three solutions:
    1-Optimzie RNG aka replace current crystal system with nexus,while it still RNG it LEETS the player feels more control over their account.
    2-Don't design content that require X champ to pass (This game was used to be about collecting champ and have fun with the champ you want to play with) and now you have to brings "Gods" in your team just to clear content.
    3-NEVER Release a new character for a year and try their best to improve all those existence meme tier champ to match with end game stuff.

You don't HAVE to bring "gods" to clear content. A lot of them just make it far easier and a lot of players aren't willing to use the additional resources it takes to use the options they already have. Items are farmable, using them isn't always bad.
    You don’t have to your just going to have 0 fun and have a miserable time trying to do act 6 100%
    I’ve done act 6 100% on my main but recently did 6:2 completion on my mini and I had to use Phoenix for the sinister fight and it was just plain terrible nothing fun about doing 5 heavies sp1 sp3 then die
    Had to use like 12 revives
    Exactly, all content can be done with the exception of the Champion fight with majority of the champions in game using items. Doesn't mean that it is practical.

I'm waiting for the Road map as well. I'm assuming it will drop tomorrow afternoon latest or else the player base will metaphorically explode.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Knation said:

@DNA3000

You don't HAVE to bring "gods" to clear content. A lot of them just make it far easier and a lot of players aren't willing to use the additional resources it takes to use the options they already have. Items are farmable, using them isn't always bad.
    You don’t have to your just going to have 0 fun and have a miserable time trying to do act 6 100%
    I’ve done act 6 100% on my main but recently did 6:2 completion on my mini and I had to use Phoenix for the sinister fight and it was just plain terrible nothing fun about doing 5 heavies sp1 sp3 then die
    Exactly, all content can be done with the exception of the Champion fight with majority of the champions in game using items. Doesn't mean that it is practical.

I'm waiting for the Road map as well. I'm assuming it will drop tomorrow afternoon latest or else the player base will metaphorically explode.
    I never said it was practical just possible.

Knation said:

@DNA3000

So what was the point in that suggestion if it is not practical? Act 6 is the type of content that can severely drain resources with the right set of champions if you have lesser skill, let alone trying to bash your way through it with a counter that isn't "god tier" in the situation.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

I just watched Kt1's video about Kabam's tendency to do the bare minimum when it comes to compensation and rewards in general and I think he nails a lot of points on the head in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lum3nlHSEYQ
    I have to wonder they are this way. Kabam, what's your reasoning for always giving us the barest of the barest minimum for rewards and compensation? Like Act 6, when the rewards first came out for completion and exploration, they were so abysmal and even now, they are only a little better. When you compare them to the rewards we got from act 5, at least resource wise, Act 5 is way more bang for buck, especially for being significantly easier content.

Now compare the rewards for completion of Act6 and it’s exploration:

Completion: 7 T2A , 3 TBC, 1/4 T5CC(selector), 10k 5* shards , 1 5* Nexus , 10k 6* shards, 1 Rank 1-2 6* gem

Exploration: 8T2A, 4 TBC, 1 T5CC (RNG), 1 6* Awakening, 1 6* Nexus, 2 Rank 1-2 gem

So basically the main difference among both is only T5CC and awakening Gem and both are random. Rest rewards are cancel out on the basis of bad RNG.

Exploration requires tons of units, depth of roster and lots of time while completion just requires few refills and going with easiest paths.
    Completion * 10 times = Exploration
    But rewards are only T5CC and Awakening gem (both random).
    I don’t know who decides these rewards but whoever it is He/she need much more knowledge of difficulty and time put in exploring anything.
    Exactly, we should have gotten 2-3 t5ccs and a generic gem for exploration
    I think 3 t5cc would have been too much 2 would be good or maybe just 1 selector
    I think two would be good, it’s just that we got three for Abyss and Act 6 is a hell of a lot harder than Abyss is but gives out less resources.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Knation said:

@DNA3000

I’m expecting the roadmap today. If it doesn’t drop tomorrow, I think people are going to be really really upset.

All this talk about targeting specific champions. Its the content they created that forces us to chase those champs. Something has to be done about the trash champs or the content, or increase the availability of shards. I spend on this game, I have no problem with Kabam turning a great profit, it means the game will keep going, but the current system is broken, you cannot keep people interested by putting them in a position that they have to spend hundreds of dollars to acquire champs needed to complete the specific requirements to get through end game content. They painted themselves into a corner, now they need to come up with a plan to fix it.

I honestly don't think Kabam has the man power to revamp champions. Hulkbuster has still not dropped and the Beta was almost 3 months ago at the point. I think more shards or a Nexus crystal becoming the basic will fix those issues. No one is really complaining about 5 stars because they're given in abundance nowadays.

Kabam should focus on the content that makes a bunch of characters viable even if its not the best option.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Knation said:

@DNA3000

So what was the point in that suggestion if it is not practical? Act 6 is the type of content that can severely drain resources with the right set of champions if you have lesser skill, let alone trying to bash your way through it with a counter that isn't "god tier" in the situation.
    If someone feels they HAVE to have the perfect answer for everything then maybe instead of saying they can't do something they should probably say they don't want to. Then they get to wait until they have it.
  • ChrisBosioChrisBosio Posts: 50
    Interested to see what this early June long term road map consists of.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Can't wait to see what you guys have come up with !