**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

Wozzy101 said:

H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.
    Why? Lots of people are only hanging around for the Roadmap at this point.
    The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    The issue is that the 5-10% that are the end game players, will likely make up 80-90% of the revenue Kabam makes. So yes, they are the minority of people who play the kabam, but they are the whales that keep Kabam as a viable business. I’m not saying unhappiness at the roadmap will definitely end the game, but it absolutely pushes it down the path that could lead to the end.
    Stop and think about those numbers. 80-90% of their revenue? That isn't even logically sensical. For that matter, I've heard that threat for years now. "We own this game. If we stop spending, the game dies. Make us happy, or we walk."
    All that equates to is, give us what we want, or we kill your game. The game would survive.
    So what do you think is more likely. That the revenue received is spread evenly across all players, or concentrated by a smaller % of top whales. Of course there will be those in between that drop a few pounds here or there, but logically the vast proportion of money spent in the game is by those in the top 5% of Alliances. The majority of players don’t come to these forums. Might not even know the forums exist. These are also mostly likely to be FTP whose continuation of playing the game doesn’t pay anyone’s wages at Kabam.

Also I never said “make us happy or we walk” or “we own the game”. Kabam owns the game. They can do what they want, but actions do consequences, good, bad and indifferent. For the majority of people in this thread and who play the game, the sentiment isn’t do ‘x’ and ‘y’ or we walk. It’s we’re frustrated with the game, please give us a reason to continue to play. The outcome maybe the same, but the sentiment is very different to how you portray it. A byproduct of not playing is also not spending. Kabam know this otherwise they wouldn’t have even entertained any sort of new roadmap.
    No. I don't think that 80-90% of their revenue comes from the top 5%. Those numbers are just plain exaggerated. It's also pretty conflated to say they pay their salary. The Employees work on a salary. They certainly don't see the money that COW drops. What's good for the company is good for all, sure. They're getting paid either way.
    You may not have said those words, although passively implying that not playing is not spending doesn't go unnoticed. I'm not really talking about people who want something to look forward to. I'm talking about the ones making threats and talking about Boycotts, the ones saying they're leaving and the game will fall if they do, the ones perpetuating a coup, the ones that think if Kabam doesn't give them what they want, it'll all come crumbling down.
    Kabam is alot more patient than I am. Put it this way. If it was my game, I'd rather lose 30% revenue and rebuild with the demographic that is loyal, than to be held over a barrel every 2 years.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Jaymix79 said:

The best bet for Kabam would be to release it before the end of this war season. I imagine after war ends a lot of players will be exiting.

I was thinking the same thing. If the wait till after the season and the rewards I would imagine a decent amount of people will just be logging off
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Can you at least tell us if Act 6 completion and exploration rewards are being looked at?
  • Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77
    Also, If Kabam mess up on daily basis and they keep reworking it everytime the players complain. We are never gonna get that roadmap
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

Knation said:

I just watched Kt1's video about Kabam's tendency to do the bare minimum when it comes to compensation and rewards in general and I think he nails a lot of points on the head in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lum3nlHSEYQ
    I have to wonder they are this way. Kabam, what's your reasoning for always giving us the barest of the barest minimum for rewards and compensation? Like Act 6, when the rewards first came out for completion and exploration, they were so abysmal and even now, they are only a little better. When you compare them to the rewards we got from act 5, at least resource wise, Act 5 is way more bang for buck, especially for being significantly easier content.

Now compare the rewards for completion of Act6 and it’s exploration:

Completion: 7 T2A , 3 TBC, 1/4 T5CC(selector), 10k 5* shards , 1 5* Nexus , 10k 6* shards, 1 Rank 1-2 6* gem

Exploration: 8T2A, 4 TBC, 1 T5CC (RNG), 1 6* Awakening, 1 6* Nexus, 2 Rank 1-2 gem

So basically the main difference among both is only T5CC and awakening Gem and both are random. Rest rewards are cancel out on the basis of bad RNG.

Exploration requires tons of units, depth of roster and lots of time while completion just requires few refills and going with easiest paths.
    Completion * 10 times = Exploration
    But rewards are only T5CC and Awakening gem (both random).
    I don’t know who decides these rewards but whoever it is He/she need much more knowledge of difficulty and time put in exploring anything.
    Exactly, we should have gotten 2-3 t5ccs and a generic gem for exploration
    I think 3 t5cc would have been too much 2 would be good or maybe just 1 selector
    I think two would be good, it’s just that we got three for Abyss and Act 6 is a hell of a lot harder than Abyss is but gives out less resources.
    I went through and compared total Act 6 rewards vs Abyss rewards. This is every single chapter and quest rewards vs total Abyss rewards (including chests). Abyss definitely has the most appealing rewards for amount of time invested but thought the amount levels of some of the items was interesting. If Act 6 rewards were dropped as a whole for all 4 chapters I wonder if reception would have been different.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Wozzy101 said:

Wozzy101 said:

H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.
    Why? Lots of people are only hanging around for the Roadmap at this point.
    The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    The issue is that the 5-10% that are the end game players, will likely make up 80-90% of the revenue Kabam makes. So yes, they are the minority of people who play the kabam, but they are the whales that keep Kabam as a viable business. I’m not saying unhappiness at the roadmap will definitely end the game, but it absolutely pushes it down the path that could lead to the end.
    Stop and think about those numbers. 80-90% of their revenue? That isn't even logically sensical. For that matter, I've heard that threat for years now. "We own this game. If we stop spending, the game dies. Make us happy, or we walk."
    All that equates to is, give us what we want, or we kill your game. The game would survive.
    So what do you think is more likely. That the revenue received is spread evenly across all players, or concentrated by a smaller % of top whales. Of course there will be those in between that drop a few pounds here or there, but logically the vast proportion of money spent in the game is by those in the top 5% of Alliances. The majority of players don’t come to these forums. Might not even know the forums exist. These are also mostly likely to be FTP whose continuation of playing the game doesn’t pay anyone’s wages at Kabam.

Also I never said “make us happy or we walk” or “we own the game”. Kabam owns the game. They can do what they want, but actions do consequences, good, bad and indifferent. For the majority of people in this thread and who play the game, the sentiment isn’t do ‘x’ and ‘y’ or we walk. It’s we’re frustrated with the game, please give us a reason to continue to play. The outcome maybe the same, but the sentiment is very different to how you portray it. A byproduct of not playing is also not spending. Kabam know this otherwise they wouldn’t have even entertained any sort of new roadmap.
    No. I don't think that 80-90% of their revenue comes from the top 5%. Those numbers are just plain exaggerated. It's also pretty conflated to say they pay their salary. The Employees work on a salary. They certainly don't see the money that COW drops. What's good for the company is good for all, sure. They're getting paid either way.
    You may not have said those words, although passively implying that not playing is not spending doesn't go unnoticed. I'm not really talking about people who want something to look forward to. I'm talking about the ones making threats and talking about Boycotts, the ones saying they're leaving and the game will fall if they do, the ones perpetuating a coup, the ones that think if Kabam doesn't give them what they want, it'll all come crumbling down.
    Kabam is alot more patient than I am. Put it this way. If it was my game, I'd rather lose 30% revenue and rebuild with the demographic that is loyal, than to be held over a barrel every 2 years.
    I agree with you that 80-90% of the revenue comes from just the top 20 alliances is false but they generate enough money in the game to have an impact and if they left their impact will be felt.

Also, what is this loyalty talk. Kabam is a video game company, if anyone wants to pick up another game they have that right, if anyone wants to criticize Kabam and hold them accountable to create a better game they should do so as well. As a customer feedback is to help make a better product.
    Customer feedback isn't what I'm talking about. If it was just feedback, I wouldn't have made the point. What I addressed was the threats and the implication that the game itself hinges on the Announcement.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This road Map should be interesting, ill keep my expectation from 1-10 at a 2 that way i can avoid the disappointment that's coming, but i have a feeling we will see road map next week and these things being implemented about November/ December.