**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

TBH

12346»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Imagine arguing for two days about something that has already been decided and implemented...

What doesn't make sense to me is people want Resources back for a Map that wasn't free when they donated.
    Yes we want resources back because before the map wasn't free and now it is so those resources are going to waste.
    You didn't donate them when the Map was free.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    OP could always pretend the treasury is still there and your alliance is still paying for map 5. You might run into some cognitive dissonance when you try to donate every week, but aside from that you should be fine.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Imagine arguing for two days about something that has already been decided and implemented...

What doesn't make sense to me is people want Resources back for a Map that wasn't free when they donated.
    Yes we want resources back because before the map wasn't free and now it is so those resources are going to waste.
    Ok let's say Im a map 5 Ally members since this isn't sinking in I grind about 1 mil gold from arenas and donate it to cover my donations. Kabam decides to remove the treasury and refund in tickets about a day later before they are used. Tickets are only for map 6 and 7 and map 5 Ally's have no use for them. So I just wasted 1 mil gold and your justification is it wasn't donated when it was free.

Ok let's say Im a map 5 Ally members since this isn't sinking in I grind about 1 mil gold from arenas and donate it to cover my donations. Kabam decides to remove the treasury and refund in tickets about a day later before they are used. Tickets are only for map 6 and 7 and map 5 Ally's have no use for them. So I just wasted 1 mil gold and your justification is it wasn't donated when it was free.
    It was donated for Map 5. Which means the donation went towards Map 5. Only you no longer have to pay.

Where would your million have gone under the old system? To pay for the map that is now eternally comped. You lost only the difference between what you paid and what you owed, and even that only temporarily until lack of donations makes up for it.

If you are in alliance running map 5 with no intention of going to 6 or 7, there is no objective way to say this move has impacted you negatively in the long run.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Since map 5 is free you have no argument. A million gold is nothing by the way. Its not worth making a stink about.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

Where would your million have gone under the old system? To pay for the map that is now eternally comped. You lost only the difference between what you paid and what you owed, and even that only temporarily until lack of donations makes up for it.

If you are in alliance running map 5 with no intention of going to 6 or 7, there is no objective way to say this move has impacted you negatively in the long run.
    Besides having no room to complain, the move was pro map 5 and they got the better end of the deal. This argument doesn't make sense outside of map 6. Map 7 was hugely decreased.

Since map 5 is free you have no argument. A million gold is nothing by the way. Its not worth making a stink about.
    Go back and learn some reading comprehension because I clearly explained why the resources themselves should of been redistributed and you and a select few cant seem to figure it out. And I hope Kabam deletes something else after you poured tons of resources in it so I can tell you well you have no argument because I said so.

It was donated for Map 5. Which means the donation went towards Map 5. Only you no longer have to pay.
    What do you keep saying that for Map 5 is free wether or not you donated.

What do you keep saying that for Map 5 is free wether or not you donated.
    It is NOW. It wasn't when you donated.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★

Nah, that wouldn't be fair to other players.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it
    It gives donating players an advantage over the non-donating players.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Player B has 1,000,000 gold. They don't donate.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    It honestly surprises me how stupid people can get, he doesn’t have an “unfair” advantage because he had 2 million gold to begin with, the other person had 1 million gold to begin with, the person could’ve ranked up a second champ but donated, now he’s getting the refund because HE DONATED, how can humanity ever reach this level of stupidity.
    Yes, the player with 2 million gold had the advantage to start with, but he chose to give up that advantage. He can't get the refund because THAT'S NOT HOW THE TREASURY WORKS.

Honestly, y'all, it's not that hard to get.
    So, let me get this straight, the person with 2m gold donated to the treasury which got taken away, that would be a waste and unfair since we got no warning, it’s like donating half of your saving to a charity just for it to burn down hours later.
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★

I'll stop right there.

Kabam made the decision. There's no point for me to argue endlessly. They saw it as fair, others didn't. Whatever.

I'll see you guys around!

Hugs and kisses. : )))))

Xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxooxoxxooxxxxxxxx
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Nah, that wouldn't be fair to other players.

How. Give back the actual resource that was donated, much more fair than just stealing it
    It gives donating players an advantage over the non-donating players.

Player A has 2,000,000 gold. They donate 1,000,000 to their treasury. They cannot take this gold out now.

Player B has 1,000,000 gold. They don't donate.

Both players have 1,000,000 gold now. They both rank up a champ. Now, they have no gold. They are both at the same standing.

But, now the 1,000,000 gold Player A donated is now given back, which means he now has 1,000,000 gold, while Player B has 0.

That means Player A can rank up another champ, putting them in a better position than Player B.

Normally, this wouldn't happen at all, since once you put in your resources into the Treasury, you can't get them back. Player A now has an unfair advantage.
    It honestly surprises me how stupid people can get, he doesn’t have an “unfair” advantage because he had 2 million gold to begin with, the other person had 1 million gold to begin with, the person could’ve ranked up a second champ but donated, now he’s getting the refund because HE DONATED, how can humanity ever reach this level of stupidity.
    Yes, the player with 2 million gold had the advantage to start with, but he chose to give up that advantage. He can't get the refund because THAT'S NOT HOW THE TREASURY WORKS.

Honestly, y'all, it's not that hard to get.
    So, let me get this straight, the person with 2m gold donated to the treasury which got taken away, that would be a waste and unfair since we got no warning, it’s like donating half of your saving to a charity just for it to burn down hours later.
    Yes, alliance treasury and Charity are exactly the same thing /s.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Deception.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

Anyone who disagrees, I would love to hear your opinion.

Personally I believe you should be given the option of your resources back or ticket compensation. That way no one would have a gripe ab it and there wouldn’t be such an uproar ab this topic in the community. Especially from the alliances that run map 5 in 3 BGs everyday AQ is active... tickets are WORTHLESS to them. Yeah going forward it’s free but the ALLIANCE TREASURY isn’t kabams resources, it’s resources INDIVIDUALS invested into something. The individuals should have the option of the “NEW currency” or refund of the INVESTED currency that just went POOF into thin air
    Imagine you just paid your quarterly tax bill. You get a call from your accountant, announcing that he has an incredible choice for you:

1. You can get a refund on the tax you just paid.

OR

2. You can call that your last tax payment and consider yourself exempt going forward.

Apparently a lot of map 5 players would choose 1.

🤷‍♂️