**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What if I have forgotten my original in-game-name

Hi Guys,

I am playing this game since 4+ years and I have changed my in-game-name many times.

Whenever I have any issue with game (Bugs, Crash, Accidental Purchase) and I contact Kabam support, they always ask original in-game-name along with other information to verify account ownership.
Since, I do not remember my original in-game-name, they never help.
What should I do now?

Thanks,
bumble-bee (Yet another dumb who have spent thousands of dollars on this game)

Comments

• bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    edited June 2020
    I was not using line in the beginning.
    Started using it only after I started playing this game regularly.
    Fetched all past chat history and screenshots but couldn't find original in-game-name.
    I suggested "Kabam Support" to ask me proof of my any of the past purchases, I can also give my credit card bill copy to verify ownership of my account.
    But, they are so adamant that they just want information which I don't have.
    Sadly, I have no other option left but to delete this game.
    @Kabam Miike Can you please help?
    A genuine player asking for genuine help.
  • CptRagmachineCptRagmachine Posts: 10

@Kabam Miike Can you please help?
    A genuine player asking for genuine help.

It's one of their security features to ensure the account is yours from the beginning and wasn't bought or something. It can be hard to trace back to the original in game name especially if you changed it numerous times. Perhaps list a few names you changed to over the course. Maybe if all your other details match with their records you might be fine. But, not a guarantee.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The thing is, you couldn't change your name for a long time. If you've been playing 4+ years than you had your original name for a good amount of time. Most people that can't name the original name bought or were given the account, which is why they want to know if you know it.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Unfortunately its one of those stupid things they ask you. Everything else is trackable but the og ign.

The only place you really can get this, is if you have signed up to recieve newsletters. Aside from that, there is no other way.

Am sure this post will get closed as ther eis ni way the forums can help.

Good luck
  • TheRoyal9TheRoyal9 Posts: 267

Unfortunately its one of those stupid things they ask you. Everything else is trackable but the og ign.

The only place you really can get this, is if you have signed up to recieve newsletters. Aside from that, there is no other way.

Am sure this post will get closed as ther eis ni way the forums can help.

Good luck

Hope help will come quickly
  • TheRoyal9TheRoyal9 Posts: 267
    It will be such a pity if u deleted the game
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Playing for 4+ years and can’t remember the name you were stuck with for at least the first 3 years........ okay, lol, nice try. Better send your Drs note for altzheimer’s If you want any help😂

You don’t have any old ally mates you stay in touch with? You can’t contact the person you bought the account from? 😳

The thing is, you couldn't change your name for a long time. If you've been playing 4+ years than you had your original name for a good amount of time. Most people that can't name the original name bought or were given the account, which is why they want to know if you know it.

@LeNoirFaineant I totally disagree here.
    1. First of all, you cannot simply set your favourite in-game-name which you can easily remember because most of the time, that name will be already taken.
    2. I am carrying this name "bumble-bee" since 2+ years. The oldest screenshot of my profile which I have was taken in May 2018 when I was at level 52 and still not "The Uncollected". Who would buy such account?
    3. If Kabam really want to verify account ownership, they can compare IP address/country of accessing game as of today vs on very first day of my account.

Playing for 4+ years and can’t remember the name you were stuck with for at least the first 3 years........ okay, lol, nice try. Better send your Drs note for altzheimer’s If you want any help😂

You don’t have any old ally mates you stay in touch with? You can’t contact the person you bought the account from? 😳

It's not funny bro.
    My first in-game-name was totally random. I was not knowing importance of ign that time.
    And how can you say that I carried that name for 3+ years?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★

It's not funny bro.
    My first in-game-name was totally random. I was not knowing importance of ign that time.
    And how can you say that I carried that name for 3+ years?
    He is being ignorant don't mind it. But seriously if you don't remember it I don't think there is much you can do.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@LeNoirFaineant I totally disagree here.
    1. First of all, you cannot simply set your favourite in-game-name which you can easily remember because most of the time, that name will be already taken.
    2. I am carrying this name "bumble-bee" since 2+ years. The oldest screenshot of my profile which I have was taken in May 2018 when I was at level 52 and still not "The Uncollected". Who would buy such account?
    3. If Kabam really want to verify account ownership, they can compare IP address/country of accessing game as of today vs on very first day of my account.
    4+ years ago most of the names weren't already taken, and it wasn't possible to change your name at all for the first couple years. That doesn't mean its impossible for someone playing that long to forget the original name, but I bet the vast majority of the time people don't know it because they aren't the original creators of the account.
  • Hey bumble-bee, the account verification process is in place to help protect the security of your account. It also helps to ensure the agent responding to your request is viewing the correct account details on our systems.

I understand it can be frustrating to be asked for information which you're not entirely sure how to obtain. However, the verification process is something which is always being reviewed and updated to help make it as effortless as possible for players to confirm their ownership of an account while maintaining a suitable level of protection to prevent someone from making changes to an account which they didn't create.

Unfortunately, we don't have direct access to in-game accounts here in the Forums and are unable to help with any account-specific issues or the account verification process. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback about the information needed to verify your ownership of an account, I recommend sharing them with our Support Team.
This discussion has been closed.