**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do left hand players have an advantage?

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
First off let me just say that I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just curious if this is a possibilty.

Being that the left hand controls are more about precise timing and control (dex, parry, mediums, specials), do left hand players have an advantage? Not sure if the dominant hand has more dexterity than the other hand but you would think it would. Right? Not sure if that's a correct assumption. What do you guys think? Do left hand players have an advantage?

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    Not actually. Iam a lefty.. no such advantage..
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    Not sure. I am left-handed, and I do feel that it is easier to do those controls. But, I don’t know if it makes a difference, bc when I play one handed I always use my right-hand
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Yes, I demand compensation!

But seriously, who mediums with their left hand? Left side defence, right side offense (including well timed intercepts) and use your nose for specials.

does bg use his left hand or his right
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

Not sure. I am left-handed, and I do feel that it is easier to do those controls. But, I don’t know if it makes a difference, bc when I play one handed I always use my right-hand

You play with one hand?
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

But seriously, who mediums with their left hand? Left side defence, right side offense (including well timed intercepts) and use your nose for specials.

Me. Left handed, and I parry-m with my left then l-l-l-m with my right.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Left handed here
    Most of the time playing with middle finger of left hand.
    5 years of playing already made experienced to know how to parry dex or hit even by using a single finger
    Odachi said:

When I intercept after I block, I find it easier to swipe right with my left hand instead of lifting it then swiping with my right hand.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    This is genuinely interesting. After playing MCOC for a year or so now I can say that my left hand is gaining some dexterity, I am able to use it for more and more things it seems, such as eating and my left handed guitar playing has improved by a lot (but idk if this is down to practise). I can’t write though. (This might not be purely because of MCOC though, I’ve got some weird gene combos and I’ve always had a more dexterous left hand then I anticipated so don’t take this as confirmation of anything)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    As a right handed player, I use my left thumb for the obvious part which is parry and blocking. But I also use my left thumb for dexing and mediums, which includes intercepting. Right thumb is solely for tapping light attacks and heavy attacks.
    Daphboy said:

Perhaps the answer lies within quake users as she requires much more left handed activity and coordination than the average champ. Maybe set up a poll for “elite” quake users and ask if they are left or right handed? If it’s about even, then no real difference. But maybe there is a direct correlation between skilled quake users and being left handed?

All the left hand does when you're playing with quake is dash back. Other champs use the left hand a lot more.
    Swedeah’s thumbs must be really flexible
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    I’m left handed and suck at this game
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I'm switching to left handed for the advantage now.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Hendross said:

I'm switching to left handed for the advantage now.

*remaps motor nerves*
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

I use my left hand to do mediums.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Left handed here. There's literally no difference I can see. There is no advantage. It's like saying left-handers have better control over steering in Mario Kart because the joystick is on the left side (bad analogy, I know, but you get the idea)
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

Who cares

Same way no one cares about you.Don't you ever make fun of others.
  • CptRagmachineCptRagmachine Posts: 10
    edited June 2020
    How would a left-handed person know the feel of a right-handed person's playstyle? :D
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I’m left handed and I struggle with playing Quake parry-less. I only use my left thumb for parry and dex, even then I’ll try to use my right thumb for dex when using ghost.

The only thing I could possibly think of that I may have an advantage over right handed players with, (which is purely subjective based on my observations of other players I’ve played with) is that I find double parry (to stun Imiw and havok etc) very easy to do consistently, where as others I’ve played with seem to struggle with that.
  • TheRoyal9TheRoyal9 Posts: 267
    Normally I always use left thumb to block and parry and dash back. I use my right thumb to dash forward and tap for attacks. To charge a heavy Attack, I hold the phone using my right thumb. To be left handed, (I’m right handed btw) I don’t really know but I think that it doesn’t really have an advantage. Unless it is proved scientifically that it does have an advantage. But to me it doesn’t really matter. The thing is whether you are a good player.

Who cares

Same way no one cares about you.Don't you ever make fun of others.
    look whose talking
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Most original thread ive seen on here.

Actually I liked the one years ago about fingers vs thumbs. Don you handhold and play with your thumbs, or do you have the device on a table, lap or what not and play with your index or other fingers.

That said, I'm lefty, but I do plenty of things right handed too. I'm sure if the controls were reversed, I'd probably adapt just fine.