**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Ideas

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
The days leading to this longterm roadmap are growing shorter and shorter everyday and before then I just thought I'd leave my suggestions to "spice up" arena and add some new stuff that could make it more exciting or change it up. (I'm going to just list 3 things in bullet-point form on what I feel would be cool.)

1. The addition of new "arena teams."
We all know the two basic non-player related teams; the Thanos and Kang teams. What I would be interested in is if they added more teams like this that more stuff included. An Adaptoid, Carina, Maestro, or Nameless team could work to make arena more interesting and this is how I would do it. (These teams would be an EXTRA team along with the other 3, even if they are Thanos and Kang, giving the summoner the option to pick from 4 teams.) Adaptoid team would be fully made up of adaptoids that are close to the PI of your champions with NO MASTERIES. Any of the 3 fights you have between these 3 random classed adaptoids would give you a 25-33% chance to get the class core that corresponds with the adaptoid. A Carina team would consist of champions that have special buffs/nodes that are present in Act 6 while HAVING MASTERIES. Rewards for beating this team could be just general questing items. Chances at boosts, energy refills, potions, revives, and other possible rewards could be given when beating this team. Maestro teams would always consist of special bosses including; the Collector, The Grandmaster, Thanos, Kang, and Maestro. These champs would have NO MASTERIES OR NODES added to their normal champion kit. Since Maestro has a whole thing of wanting the ISO-Sphere or whatever, I believe that beating a Maestro team should reward you a special "ISO-8 Crystal." This crystal would include 24 5K ISO bricks that are basic and from every class. (You only get one stack of 24 5K ISO bricks per crystal, not all of them from one crystal.) Finally, the nameless team would be an EXTREMELY difficult team (something on the level of Rol) that can consist of any champ with NO MASTERIES OR NODES. These nameless teams will usually consist of older champs (Launch-2018 champs) so that it won't be next to impossible to deal with a 500K Warlock or whatever. The reward for beating this arena team would be an ADDITIONAL 4X point multiplier for the arena matches (Let's say you got 1 point for the match and you had the 3 multiplier. 1 x 3 = 3. 3 x 4 = 12.) and either a 100 unit prize or 150K gold (idk what an exact reward would be, something that would be a nice addition.) These teams would be rarer than the Thanos and Kang teams but you would not have a limit as to how many you could encounter a day.

2. Creating special node "challenges" for your arena teams.
My thought process here is that you are able to pick nodes that would make your arena teams more difficult to beat. Anyone that goes against your team can choose the "challenge" node for an additional 2X point multiplier and an additional 2K battlechip reward. Nodes on this wouldn't be too difficult but would probably include nodes from Act 5 and nodes that are specifically tailored to make a champ better. (Let's say you have a team with Stealth Spidey, Human Torch, and Groot. You are able to individually "buff" these champs with specific nodes you put on these champs. Stealth Spidey could get the "Spider-Verse Heroism" where it gives him attack or whatever idk. Human Torch could have the AQ buff where he can get Nova Flames when having 7 smolders and being at max temp. for 7 second. Groot could have the gentle giant node which makes his pacifism or whatever stack up to 100.) These buffs would never be seen by an opponent unless they choose to go against your challenge team. Picking the challenge would just be an easy button/warning saying if you wanted to go against "ISO Enhanced Opponents for more rewards" or whatever. To limit how many challenge teams you can go against, you are given a daily 3X ability to go against 3 different ISO enhanced teams. You can use units or something to recharge these encounters if you're grinding.

3. Incursion style buffs in the arena.
Ok, I know this sounds very unbalanced but it could be very fun for arena if you just want to mess around. You would be able to get "Incursion Boost Crystals" that give you a VERY weakened version of some of the Greater Incursion Hacks. I have no idea how you would get these crystals (Maybe from Nameless teams or something) but they would be used in a certain way. Using 1 boost gives you the ability to buff 1 team (3 champions) for 2 arena matches. (If you beat one arena team, wait, and then beat another arena team later, you'd still have the incursion boost.) This boost is endless and only ends when you finish the second match with your boosted team. The champs you boost would be LOCKED in one team and they can't be separated until the boost is used. Winning with an Incursion Boost will give you nothing in return but it will make arena grinding different in certain scenarios.

I'm pretty sure I didn't explain some of the stuff as properly as I wanted to but these are just some brainstorm ideas that I feel would be really cool. Leave your own suggestions for arena improvements and maybe Kabam will see this thread. (probably not lol)

Comments

• Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    They are simply to time consuming for lack of guaranteed rewards.

The limit to get a champ is to small.

Need to include 6’s, more shards etc.

Don’t hate the multiplier idea, but the above mentioned should be done way before exploring the thoughts above.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    The ideas are really cool. I would think it’s too time consuming. Arena is meant to be quick matches for long grind. You don’t want to be grind long matches and grind out line arena times. It would make arena already more of a pain.

I do like the extra team ideas for some of them like adaptoid, maestro,